Windows 10: "Open With" choice at start up.

Discus and support "Open With" choice at start up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the fall update I am greeted with a choice dialog at start up. It doesn't say what it wants to open but lists a dozen programs. I tried a browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jon Mal, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Jon Mal Win User

"Open With" choice at start up.

Since the fall update I am greeted with a choice dialog at start up. It doesn't say what it wants to open but lists a dozen programs. I tried a browser but all it said before loads of code was that this program could not be run in dos mode. If I click off the box it vanishes. No virus or malware.
    Any ideas?
    J

:)

Jon Mal, Nov 5, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Nov 5, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "Open With" choice at start up. :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "Open With" choice at start up. :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "Open With" choice at start up. :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "Open With" choice at start up. :)

musum, Nov 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, could you post a screenshot please?

Then try selecting Notepad, and post a screenshot of the result.

Do you see the same if you shut down and do a cold boot, and if you restart?

If you do a clean boot, do you still get the prompt?

dalchina, Nov 5, 2017
  5. Jon Mal Win User
    Strange to say it has now stopped. I ran CCleaner and since it does not appear. It was a file open dialogue not program run. I have a picture but can't post it on my phone. Will come back if it resurfaces.

Jon Mal, Nov 6, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Thanks for letting us know..

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Open With" choice at start up. - Similar Threads - Open choice start

2. Opening a file with an .exe choice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening a file with an .exe choice.: Ok, this is driving me nuts.Windows 10 will not let me open certain files with my executable of choice, even if I try to change default for an extension.For example. I want to open a pdf with libre writter. I can't select the file and say open with, nor can I go to change the...
  3. Opening a file with an .exe choice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening a file with an .exe choice.: Ok, this is driving me nuts.Windows 10 will not let me open certain files with my executable of choice, even if I try to change default for an extension.For example. I want to open a pdf with libre writter. I can't select the file and say open with, nor can I go to change the...
  4. Opening a file with an .exe choice.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Spotify opening up on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify opening up on start up.: Hi all,So recently, every time I start up my device from a shutdown Spotify automatically opens up. The window does not appear on the screen, it just stays minimised in the background. I have a few questions, firstly, does Spotify come pre-installed/is it one of the default...
  6. start up and open.

start up and open.: Whenever I get to my start page on my computer I can no longer click the screen and just sign in the only way it will take me to my password or pin is if I click the quiz which I do not want to show up on that screen anyway, this only started after an update so something...
  7. Choice of how to open a file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Choice of how to open a file.: On some of my Microsoft Win. 10 Computers when i try opening a file, i get a pop up choice of what program i want to open the file. I have Microsoft Word and Libre Office on this computer, but the other Win 10 computers when i want to open a file i don't get a choice and it...
  8. 'Open With' doesn't remember my choice.

'Open With' doesn't remember my choice.: What I do: 1. Make a new file, call it test.srt 2. Double click it, now a dialog opens: "How do you want to open this file?" 3. Select Notepad, be sure that "Always use this app to open .srt files" is selected4. Click OK. 5. The file should correctly open with Notepad....
  9. Browser choice pop up

in Browsers and Email
    Browser choice pop up: How can I prevent this from popping up every time I click on a link in my email? I always check to "Always use this app" but it does not work. 42295
  10. Change The Start-up Screen to Multiple Choices

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change The Start-up Screen to Multiple Choices: When you shut down 10 and boot again, it goes directly to the last user. In the old days we had a choice as to who will log in at start-up. Can we get that choice back? Otherwise we have to log out and choose who will log in, (in this case it would be nice if the...