Windows 10: "Open with" context menu not enabled or dimmed

Discus and support "Open with" context menu not enabled or dimmed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can not access the "open with" menu..it's dimmed or not enabled in all the files.. even though i can open the files with any application if i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MOH17, Dec 5, 2015.

1. MOH17 Win User

"Open with" context menu not enabled or dimmed

I can not access the "open with" menu..it's dimmed or not enabled in all the files..
    even though i can open the files with any application if i tried the menu at the top in the ribbon

i have tried removing it from the registry and add it back again but that didn't fix it

does anyone know the reason for that? or how to fix it?

:)

MOH17, Dec 5, 2015

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Dec 5, 2015
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Dec 5, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 5, 2015
  5. MOH17 Win User
    yes, for the text document the option is still greyed out
    and the links you supplied are targeted to another problem..they assume i was able to open the "open with" dialog which i still can't

MOH17, Dec 6, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ok, sorry-
    there don't seem to be too many result on this - this is old, but detailed:
    grayed out in XP for .jpg | Tech Support Guy
    "Open With - Not Working or Listed"

However I very much doubt there's a real pointer to a solution for you there.

Otherwise, do you have any useful restore points or disk images?

Do you have any idea what happened that might have led to this?

Has it been working since you installed Win 10?

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Open with" context menu not enabled or dimmed - Similar Threads - Open context menu

2. How to enable open in new tab context menu when selecting multiple folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable open in new tab context menu when selecting multiple folders?: Is it even possible to open multiple folders to new tab in File Explorer? It works when only a single folder is selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-open-in-new-tab-context-menu-when/ff455870-934c-4cf7-8ec1-769000757159
  3. W10 Open with context menu problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Open with context menu problem: Hi, I recently did a system "fresh start" on my laptop (to keep existing user folders/files and drivers etc), as it had slowed up a bit. This took about 20 minutes, it removed all the 3rd party apps, and the pc is functioning fine, however, I soon found out that there is a...
  4. W10 Open with context menu problem

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Open with context menu problem: Hi, I recently did a system "fresh start" on my laptop (to keep existing user folders/files and drivers etc), as it had slowed up a bit. This took about 20 minutes, it removed all the 3rd party apps, and the pc is functioning fine, however, I soon found out that there is a...
  5. Windows Context Menu Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Context Menu Not Opening: Hey Anyone, WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON TASKBAR AND SELECT TASKBAR SETTING IT DOES NOT OPEN SETTING ELSE IT FLASHES COMMAND PROMPT LIKE SOMETHING WHICH JUST POPS UP AND CLOSE AND NOTHING HAPPENS... THE SAME PROBLEM ALSO OCCUR WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP AND SELECT DESKTOP...
  6. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option: context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-is-missing-the-open-option/0d7c340c-17ef-4b71-893c-e6da8327f7e2
  7. context menu 'open' video

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    context menu 'open' video: When i right click on a video and select open my video opens in windows media player. I would like to edit the open value in the registry so it opens in another program. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where this 'open' value would be. I have found 'open...
  8. Open Notepad as Administrator with Context Menu?

Open Notepad as Administrator with Context Menu?: I'm often having to edit batch files in my C: drive or my windows hosts files and forever running into access permissions issues. I've seen a few posts showing how you can make a registry style hack to add a right-click option to open a file as notepad as admin, but none...
  9. open with notepad context menu

open with notepad context menu: Code: ;notepad [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell] @="\"notepad.exe %1\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open] @="Open &With Notepad" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open\command] @="notepad.exe %1"[/quote] the above dont seem to give me open with notepad in context menu unlike in win7. any...
  10. "Open With" context Menu slow to load

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open With" context Menu slow to load: Hi all, so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the...