Windows 10: Opening a JAR file in Windows 10?

Discus and support Opening a JAR file in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, hope I am posting this to the right forum section. I have this JAR file downloaded and of course, it needs Java in order to open it. In Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Opening a JAR file in Windows 10?

Hi, hope I am posting this to the right forum section.

I have this JAR file downloaded and of course, it needs Java in order to open it.
    In Windows 10, is there any way to find out if I have Java installed?
    Or, can Windows 10 open up JAR files natively?

If not, then how can I know if I have Java installed on Windows 10?
    In Windows 7, it was easier to know.

Thanks

:)

win10freak, Apr 11, 2016

2. How to change default programs to open .jar files in Windowws 10?

Alternately, try my REG file/fix here.

I can't open .jar files - Microsoft Community :
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/i-cant-open-jar-files/cd4e204b-a538-467e-bdcc-bf6b4d9bffae

(or)

.Jar Files only executable trough CMD terminal java -jar - Microsoft Community :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/jar-files-only-executable-trough-cmd-terminal-java/47b4bd5d-c835-490a-ad2d-34cb745ccc2e

The hex values translate to the following:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1"

That's the command-line path used to open JAR files, usually. If the path or version number varies, you may have to edit the registry manually and update the value data.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 11, 2016
  3. my .jar file opens as internet explorer

i am downloading the minecraft server jar for 1.12.2 and the .jar file opens as a internet explorer link in staid as an executable jar file. please help fix this.

please help

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Jhammer100, Apr 11, 2016
  4. Opening a JAR file in Windows 10?

If you did an upgrade,chances are high that you would have Java installed.Control Panel>Java would confirm you this.
    Isn't the JAR file opening?

Sumit Dhiman, Apr 11, 2016
  5. I would say look in folder c:\program files or c:\program files (x86); if you find an folder Java\jre xxx\bin with java.exe in it you have Java installed.

aliskander, Apr 11, 2016
  6. SamTheGr8est, Apr 11, 2016
  7. RWOne Win User
    It's even easier than that to check for Jave: Open control panel - has an entry if installed.

From it's CP you can update and after that it should associate.

Windows cannot natively open jar files.

RWOne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Opening a JAR file in Windows 10?

1. Opening a JAR file in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Opening JAR file

2. Cannot Open .jar files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Open .jar files: I've been facing an issue on my Windows 11 system related to .jar files. Despite using the Jarfix tool, I'm still unable to open .jar files on my system.Here are some details:Operating System: Windows 11Tool Used: JarfixI've utilized Jarfix to fix the file association for...
  3. Java / Jar files / "open with"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java / Jar files / "open with": Every time I try to open a jar file it opens java and then later says java cannot install because of the program I am trying to delete. When I try to delete java "jre-8u341-windows-x64" it says the program is open in "jre-8u341-windows-x64" and does not allow me to delete it....
  4. Java / Jar files / "open with"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java / Jar files / "open with": Every time I try to open a jar file it opens java and then later says java cannot install because of the program I am trying to delete. When I try to delete java "jre-8u341-windows-x64" it says the program is open in "jre-8u341-windows-x64" and does not allow me to delete it....
  5. jar file not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    jar file not opening: why the hell wont my file open? i have tried literally everything [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jar-file-not-opening/867eeb37-c1d0-4185-9ad9-2f9ae95e531d
  6. .Jar files not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .Jar files not opening: ive tried everything, jarfix CMD pathing , BAT file, javaw.exe fucking nothing. submitted by /u/jmantechno [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8afe2/jar_files_not_opening/
  7. Jar File not Opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Jar File not Opening: So I have installed Minecraft Java 1.16.4 on my Windows 10 and I have tried to install Optifine 1.16.4 on it and I got it where the icon is the jar teacup with the smoke and every time I try to install it it says there was an error in the following sequence that has a...
  8. .jar file opens with wordpad.

.jar file opens with wordpad.: So recently I may have done something stupid. I'm not sure what I did but when I try to open a file with Java it opens on wordpad for some reason. I tried changing it to Java but I can't find Java. Is there anything I can do to fix this? submitted by /u/Koufpa [link]...
  9. Unable to open jar files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open jar files: I've been trying to open jar file for a while now and it doesn't seem like anything is working. I have tried many different solutions that didn't seem to work. I've tried jarfix, but it didn't seem to help either. Whenever I try to open a jar file after restarting my...
  10. Jar files not opening with Windows Explorer

Jar files not opening with Windows Explorer: So today I downloaded a Minecraft mod called "OptiFine" and It's a jar file. But the file opens with Firefox not File Explorer, I've tried to change the "Open with" setting but there Isn't an option to select File Explorer! Help would be apprediated!!! submitted by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i try to install optifine for minecraft using a .jar file my java window closes instantly with a black screen

2. windows 10 when oppening jar files only shows cmd

3. execute jar windows 10

4. cant open .jar file windows 10