Windows 10: Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi In Microsoft Edge, how do I open a specific web page while I open a new tab? Thanks Bye 22716 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by balubeto, Sep 14, 2015.

1. balubeto Win User

Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge

Hi

In Microsoft Edge, how do I open a specific web page while I open a new tab?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Sep 14, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge is slow after upgrading to Creators update.

I'm having similar speed and stability problems with Edge since installing the Creators Update.

Specifically, if I do a web search and then Right Click > Open in New Tab

Nothing happens for almost exactly 30 seconds and then a new Window (not tab) opens with the link.

If I allow the page to complete loading and then close the new window, I can then re-try the Open Tab

on the original page and the page will load 'at a normal speed' and in a new Tab.

All new links which I try open in a new tab (from the original tab) will then work from that point on, until I close and re-open Edge. If I've opened a new tab using 'Open in New Tab' and try select a link in the new tab and 'Open in New Tab' then the 30
    second wait is repeated and the link is opened in a new window.

At other times, Edge will simply close. Sometimes it happens while trying to open a site, other times the site will be fully loaded and while I'm reading the screen edge closes. No errors, it just disappears.

BladeSoftware, Sep 14, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Why is there no option to edit the start page on Microsoft Edge?

In Microsoft Edge open the settings utility (that's the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner) and choose Settings at the bottom of the menu. Look for 'Open Microsoft Edge with' to choose from the Start page, New tab page, Previous pages or a Specific
    page or pages.

BulldogXX, Sep 14, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Opening specific web

2. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  3. Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab: Hello, after last installation Win10 20H2, was lost functionality of middle touchpad button - click on link in Edge, was opened web page in new tab. How can be this functionality again added? Thank you....
  4. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  5. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  6. Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages: Today morning I noticed than when I open Yahoo email or Facebook web pages, Chrome keeps opening new tabs. As a result, I cannot read or write an email. Other web pages seem OK for now. I scanned my laptop (windows 10) by defender and superantispyware and found nothing. Is it...
  7. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  8. Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app and web page links not opening new tab: This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out. emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so...
  9. Disable Web Content on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Web Content on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Disable Web Content on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Web Content on New Tab Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...
  10. Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with: How to: Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with How to Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer,...