Windows 10: Opening files/photos in folders-

Discus and support Opening files/photos in folders- in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If someone could save my sanity, I'd appreciate it. Each time I try to open a folder-say from the internet- to grab a photo, the drop down list is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LynneS222, Jul 19, 2017.

1. LynneS222 Win User

Opening files/photos in folders-

If someone could save my sanity, I'd appreciate it. Each time I try to open a folder-say from the internet- to grab a photo, the drop down list is ALWAYS set to 'custom files' and I have to change it to get to the jpg./png files I want. So by default, it always list the 'custom files' FIRST on the drop down. I would like for it to DEFAULT to the 'all files' setting, so I don't have to change it each time I open a folder. Is there a way?

Also, this is a personal folder-user folder- and there are no properties, not even if I right click on the folder, which sits on the desktop, and all of my other folders have properties....

Please help, because right now, I HATE Windows 10.

Thanks.

:)

LynneS222, Jul 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 Will Not Open Photos that Windows 7 WILL Open

No --- the .JPG files will not open using Paint or using any other photo app (Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Photos, etc.) on my Windows 10 PC. The files open fine on a Windows 7 PC. Also, I have other .JPG files in other folders that open fine on both
    PCs. I'm having a problem with about 100 photos in 1 specific folder in my "Pictures" master folder.

This is strange !!

Dennis

Dennis F_69, Jul 19, 2017
  3. Download from camera to windows 10 from Canon EOS 500D

In the past when downloading photos they all went into one folder irrespective of dates the photos were taken. Now I find that when downloading the photos instead of appearing in one complete file they are separated into folders showing the dates taken.
    For example if there are 60 photos taken on 60 different days I end up with 60 files in one folder which is very inconvenient . I wish to open the folders and have all photos displayed and not have to go through and open separate folders and find that when
    doing so the other folders close on me. So how can I download so that when opening a file all 60 photos are displayed on the screen.

RichardMiller3, Jul 19, 2017
Thema:

Opening files/photos in folders-

1. Opening files/photos in folders- - Similar Threads - Opening files photos

2. failing to open photo files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failing to open photo files: when trying to open photo files all I get is this boxes which reads make shure David personal running on your pc I hope you can help me. Regards David. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failing-to-open-photo-files/70059a8e-74d2-4bf8-acb3-3702d85a5a3a
  3. failing to open photo files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failing to open photo files: when trying to open photo files all I get is this boxes which reads make shure David personal running on your pc I hope you can help me. Regards David. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failing-to-open-photo-files/70059a8e-74d2-4bf8-acb3-3702d85a5a3a
  4. Opening HEIC files on photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening HEIC files on photos: Hi, I have a problem when opening HEIC photo files. I have the extension from Microsoft installed. Hope you can help.Thanks,Ethan Lam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-heic-files-on-photos/1b154ecc-aec9-4eaa-b33d-3a87fdeeea0e
  5. Open File Location in Photos

Open File Location in Photos: How can I open the folder containing the image file that is open in Photos? This used to be a right-click option, but it's now gone. I know that the path of the file can be viewed via `Right-click > File information > Folder path`; but that does not offer a way to get to...
  6. Keeping photos (jpegs) open on desktop and in file folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Keeping photos (jpegs) open on desktop and in file folders: When I save a Jpeg photo to my desktop or in file folders they do not show the photo. All they show is a blue coloured square with the word jpeg. In Windows 7 all my Jpegs would stay open(showing the photo) both on the desktop and in my file folders. Why can't I do this in...
  7. Missing photo files in 'Users' folder

Missing photo files in 'Users' folder: Hello - after a Windows 10 update was done on my laptop, when it restarted I didn't see my own profile but a temporary one. Then when I looked for my photo files saved in 'Pictures' under 'This PC', no files existed - eeks! So then I looked in the 'Users' folder in the OS C:...
  8. photo files will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    photo files will not open: my photo files will not open, i can see each folder but i can not open them up, just keep getting system error 805605970 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-files-will-not-open/6c70b586-e55d-430d-bd59-50e0ab28ebde
  9. Photos app can't open files in This PC > Pictures folder

Photos app can't open files in This PC > Pictures folder: When I try to open any image file in This PC > Pictures using Photos, I get this error message [ATTACH] This also applies to any subfolders inside This PC > Pictures. However, if I navigate to Users > Owner > Pictures, all of the files open normally....
  10. Photo apps won't open photo files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo apps won't open photo files: Out of the blue I can no longer open photo files like PNG, JPG, etc. and don't know when this started. I can select open with Windows Photo Viewer and it will open fine but if I close that file and reopen again I get an error "The app didn't start". Nor can I open any other...