Windows 10: Opening folder in "Documents"

Discus and support Opening folder in "Documents" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't access a folder in "Documents" ever since I got a new computer with a Windows update. Can you help me access it? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DorothySmith3, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Opening folder in "Documents"

I can't access a folder in "Documents" ever since I got a new computer with a Windows update. Can you help me access it? Thanks

:)

DorothySmith3, Aug 21, 2018

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 21, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows boots, My Documents auto opens. WTF?

That was going to be my first suggestion. *Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Aug 21, 2018
  4. kma54 Win User

Opening folder in "Documents"

windows 10 folder documents show as empty!

In my folders the documents are listed as empty - please help with steps to change the way they are opened?

kma54, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Opening folder in "Documents"

1. Opening folder in "Documents" - Similar Threads - Opening folder Documents

2. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  3. OPENING FOLDERS OR DOCUMENTS

in Windows 10 Customization
    OPENING FOLDERS OR DOCUMENTS: EVERY TIME THIS POPS UP AND EVEY TIME I TICK "ALWAYS USE THIS APP" AND EVERY TIME THIS POPS UP AND EVEY TIME I TICK "ALWAYS USE THIS APP" AND EVERY TIME THIS POPS UP AND EVEY TIME I TICK "ALWAYS USE THIS APP" AND...
  4. OneDrive app opening Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive app opening Documents folder: Long story short... When I click on my OneDrive app, it opens my Documents folder (folder in 'This PC'). This evening I changed the location of my Documents folder to within OneDrive, and then tried to return it which somehow ended up with 'OneDrive' replacing 'Documents'...
  5. Unable to open documents in the DOWNLOADS and DOCUMENTS folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open documents in the DOWNLOADS and DOCUMENTS folders: Since the past two days, after having downloaded a few documents, I am unable to open them. When I right click to open, it just gets stuck and I have to close it. I have tried moving the folder onto my desktop but once I open that and try to open a document inside, it just...
  6. Documents and folders are not opening for me.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Documents and folders are not opening for me.: When I click on a document, it doesn't open for me. It is there, but it is behind the page I am on, so I have to minimize the page I am on in order to get to the page I want. It does this most, if not all, of the time. And it applies to google too, if it is already...
  7. Microsoft documents not opening in file folders

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft documents not opening in file folders: I currently have Windows 10 and I am having an issue with Microsoft documents not opening once I put them in a file folder. The documents open fine when just saved on my desktop, but as soon as I put them in a file folder, they will not open. I receive the message "not...
  8. Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder: My wife and I have administrator accounts on the same computer. I recently scanned a document and saved the scan in the Public Documents folder ( I have public folder sharing turned on). I can open the scanned document without a problem but when my wife tries to open it she...
  9. Documents folder opens by default

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder opens by default: When I try to open a folder in Windows Explorer, it opens the "Documents" Folder by default. I have to choose "Open" or "Open in New Window" to get it right. If I select "Open Windows Explorer" or double click on the folder, my Documents folder opens. I have reset every...
  10. Document Folder pinned to opening the Cookies folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Document Folder pinned to opening the Cookies folder: I backup online with Carbonite and following my recent refresh of my laptop the files and folders in "Documents" are not being backed up. Carbonite support took control of my laptop and told me: "The Documents Folder shortcut from within the Windows File Explorer is pinned...