Windows 10: Opening IE as individual sites from start menue

Discus and support Opening IE as individual sites from start menue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have added individual sites to apps using the click context menu from the Tools (Alt+X) Cogwheel in the top RH corner. This works and is fine except... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Aeolus, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Aeolus Win User

Opening IE as individual sites from start menue

I have added individual sites to apps using the click context menu from the Tools (Alt+X) Cogwheel in the top RH corner. This works and is fine except that there are no additional tool bars available, only the IE built In's. I'm not bothered about most Add In Tool Bars but would like my Norton to be available for Safe Search and Vault.
    Anyone know why this is?

:)

Aeolus, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Rick Fine Win User

Microsoft 10 Favorites and Documents Menu Functionality

1. How do I add the Documents and Favorites folders to the Start Menu and the Task Bar in Windows 10, as expandable / collapsible Menus, allowing the individual files or Favorites
    to be selected to open the file or the web site directly from the menu in the Start Menu or on the Task Bar?

Rick Fine, Aug 18, 2015
  3. win 10 ie11 desktop shortcuts open minimized

Ok. Pinned site shortcut (from Start menu) launches IE correctly.

.URL shortcuts (from Desktop or Start menu) causes this issue.

Will work on this.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Opening IE as individual sites from start menue

1. Opening IE as individual sites from start menue - Similar Threads - Opening individual sites

2. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  3. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  4. Apps will not open from start menu or taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps will not open from start menu or taskbar: Hello, I am running windows 10 and when I open the start menu to search for a program, it will not open. When I click an app or file from within the menu, it says the following: "The item you selected is unavailable. I might have been moved, renamed, or removed..."...
  5. File explorer not opening from start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer not opening from start menu: [ATTACH] I recently changed my Windows 10 theme and now I can't open folders in file explorer from the start menu. It works fine with apps but it just doesn't work with folders. I tried restarting and it still doesn't work. I tried searching for solutions but they were...
  6. File opening from a site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File opening from a site: I have tried and tried to open up my documents (eg, tax forms) forms from some companies and when I click on the document, a bar comes up showing me "Open or Save choices". If I click on open, the entire bar disappears. If I click on save, it does save but nothing happens to...
  7. Pin web site to start menu

in Browsers and Email
    Pin web site to start menu: Is it possible to pin web site to start menu? 34878
  8. Can't open programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open programs from the start menu: Hi, everyone. So this issue just started happening today. I am currently on the anniversary build and when I search for a program in the start menu and try to open it, it won't open. Things like run, Chrome, etc. all won't open. Basic windows apps such as the calculator seem...
  9. Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not opening: Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error...
  10. How to Pin IE Shortcuts to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Pin IE Shortcuts to Start Menu: UPDATE: See Edwin's method in Post #4 for IE it is much easier than mine. But for other browsers use this method. Since you cannot just drag and drop a shortcut to a web site into the app menu the way I do it is to create a short cut on my desktop then copy it into the...