Windows 10: Opening Older Files with Cortana

Discus and support Opening Older Files with Cortana in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having trouble with Cortana. I cannot get it to open older files. Does anyone have any suggestions. I need to open a certain One Note file and an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JayTaunton, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Opening Older Files with Cortana

I am having trouble with Cortana. I cannot get it to open older files. Does anyone have any suggestions. I need to open a certain One Note file and an Open Office File. Cortana will open One Note and Open Office but will not open the file that I specify.

Thank You in advance,

Jay

:)

JayTaunton, Aug 6, 2015
  2. arjer Win User

Opening help files of older applications in Windows 10

I even reinstalled Windows 10 (pro), and nothing changed. What is strange, that if I try to use the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter, then even the mother program PcTeX5 stops to work normally under any suggested pack.

arjer, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Opening help files of older applications in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Since when did the issue started happening?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• What is the status when you try to access TeX editor?

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?
    I suggest you to download and install the latest version for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Opening Older Files with Cortana

1. Opening Older Files with Cortana - Similar Threads - Opening Older Files

2. cortana not opening apps

in Cortana
    cortana not opening apps: I am not able to open apps using cortana. It is showing - "sorry, I am not equipped to do that" . May be some settings error, but till now I am not able to find any source to rectify this problem. No clarity is there ,,,how to solve this problem....
  3. File history, browse older files form an older backup drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history, browse older files form an older backup drive: Hello! I've been using file history for years, and there was a moment that the external drive was full, by that time file historysuggested to add a new drive, which I did, since I wanted to keep those old files. Since then I am using this new drive. Now I'm searching for a...
  4. How to open DOC/X files in older version of Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open DOC/X files in older version of Word: Hello For the past few years, my Windows opened a DOC/X file in Word 2003 instead of e.g. Word 2016 (when I double-clicked a DOC/X file). Every 2-3 weeks Windows would change the file association of DOC/X files to Word 2016, but when I run Word 2003 manually (or use Detect...
  5. Unable to Open older MS Office files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Open older MS Office files: Some of my older MS Office files now have a "gray X" in their document icon. I cannot open those files now. No error message. What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-older-ms-office-files/31c1afd0-c379-4fef-a957-5456f25a2d5d"
  6. Windows 10 will not open files on older CDs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 will not open files on older CDs.: I am new to Windows 10 and am doing fairly well. Windows 10 will not open files on some of my older CDs. The two that I need to access now have .jpg files on them. Isn't there some suggested way to access these CDs without some overly complicated process ? I am willing...
  7. cortana opening apps

in Cortana
    cortana opening apps: When I ask cortana to open up Netflix or spotify, or any app, it says: okay, opening 'that app' but next she doesn't open that app but opens settings for me: Language & time. All my language options are for united states, but only my time is from the time zone of paris. I...
  8. Cortana will not open a browser.

in Cortana
    Cortana will not open a browser.: I have three Windows 10 computers. All have Firefox as the default browser. First, I understand that Cortana will always use Edge as its default browser. I am ok with that. When I type a question into Cortana on one of my machines (an MS Surface Pro 4), Cortana shows...
  9. Cortana opening websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana opening websites: On the other account on my PC if i type something like golf.com it will open directly to it, but on my account it brings me to a bing web search. How do i get it to open directly to the website? 10352
  10. How to open older *.hlp files in Win 10 (x64)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to open older *.hlp files in Win 10 (x64): Hi, While being aware this problem has been discussed before, none of the proposed solutions seem to work - at least not since the very latest major Win 10 update: before that the proposed tweaks, either here or on the Net, presented no problems. The phenomenon is known:...