Windows 10: Opening photos and video

Discus and support Opening photos and video in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear Forum members, Since upgrading to 10 I am able to only view my stored files but unable to open. I am given a timed out pop up after 10 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drnick, May 31, 2016.

1. drnick Win User

Opening photos and video

Dear Forum members,
    Since upgrading to 10 I am able to only view my stored files but unable to open.
    I am given a timed out pop up after 10 seconds of trying to access files.
    I have previously been able to open all files easily.
    Any advice would be most welcome.
    Thanks in advance!
    Nick

:)

drnick, May 31, 2016
  2. JeffTomaw Win User

Videos and photos open and close immediately

Original title: Private Photos and Videos

When I go into my files and try to open my videos or my photos, it will show all photos but not let me open the photo and then it just disappears and closed the files again.

JeffTomaw, May 31, 2016
  3. Media Player vs. Photo Gallery - Window 10

Download the videos and photos to Windows folders. Open videos with Windows Media Player and open pics with Photos which is listed in your list of programs.

Bruce Hagen, May 31, 2016
  4. aftend89 Win User

Opening photos and video

As I know it is feature in Win 10, I haven't done anything with it

aftend89, May 31, 2016
  5. Have you tried going to properties then Security and making sure that all permissions are marked as allowed that is what mine is all marked.

hTconeM9user, May 31, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    You said " since upgrading to Win 10....."
    I assume that this problem started since day one ?
    If yes, run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Opening photos and video

1. Opening photos and video - Similar Threads - Opening photos video

2. Photos and videos not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos and videos not opening: Device name Joshs-Desktop Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on...
  3. Photos and videos not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos and videos not opening: Device name Joshs-Desktop Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on...
  4. Photos and videos not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Photos and Videos not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos and Videos not opening: So every time i connect my switch to my pc to get some videos from it, when im opening the video it works for the first time but after that it doesnt work and shows me this message "we cant open this file because the file is not supported..." it shows this error code...
  6. Photos and Videos not opening

Photos and Videos not opening: So every time i connect my switch to my pc to get some videos from it, when im opening the video it works for the first time but after that it doesnt work and shows me this message "we cant open this file because the file is not supported..." it shows this error code...
  7. Problem opening photos and videos with Photos App

Problem opening photos and videos with Photos App: Want to use Photo Apps to trim videos. When I go to the .mp4 video file; right click; and select Open With .... Photos; the file won't open . I get a System Error -2147163901. Same result when I try to open a .jpg. When I double click on the .jpg file it opens up in...
  8. Microsoft Photos/Video Editor won't open

Microsoft Photos/Video Editor won't open: Hello! I came to ask. Today, I tried opening my Microsoft Photos + Video Editor. When I opened it, it kept on crashing. I repeatedly did the process several times. Opening and reopening it but the results are the same. It crashes/close on its own. I already restarted my...
  9. Video in Microsoft Photos not opening

Video in Microsoft Photos not opening: I am fighting back tears. I created a video and all I had to add was a few more pictures to be done for my daughter's grad video. It will not open now. I keep getting an error stating that I have to come back and try to open later. It will NOT open. Can anyone please...
  10. Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening: Hey, I'm pretty certain I've screwed up here but hoping someone can help! I transferred across all of my photos and videos from my phone a week ago to save up some storage space (long flight, netflix/prime, you get me), or so I thought I did. Only returning to them now does...