Windows 10: Opening program seems to cause restart

Discus and support Opening program seems to cause restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft Solitaire Collection TriPeaks seems to be the cause.Can anyone suggest, why this should be? I know it could be coincidence, but it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chipwood, Feb 9, 2017.

1. chipwood Win User

Opening program seems to cause restart

Microsoft Solitaire Collection TriPeaks seems to be the cause.Can anyone suggest, why this should be? I know it could be coincidence, but it has happened three times this week.

:)

chipwood, Feb 9, 2017

2. Opened Program Icons disappear from main taskbar

for some reason, Opened program icons on the main taskbar disappear suddenly as i'm using the computer. Only on the main taskbar, the Opened program icons secondary taskbar on the 2nd monitor is fine. In order for me to bring it back to normal. I have to
    restart the computer, restart windows or restart explore. Than it will disappear again for no reason. I been having this issue ever since I installed windows 10. it didn't happen on windows 8 or 8.1, just windows 10. I can't seem to identify a the cause.

Thanks for your help.

UncleSamman, Feb 9, 2017
  3. pbreadd Win User
    Event 8198 Security-SPP

I have an ISO version of windows 10 pro that isn't activated. Ever since a couple weeks ago, my computer has been constantly restarting. I looked into the event manager, and found out that it was caused my the Program Security service. It seems to be crashing
    when it opens the "Activate Windows" notification.

(It restarted twice while trying to write this)

pbreadd, Feb 9, 2017
  4. Opening program seems to cause restart

Hi Chipwood.

Are you still experiencing this?

As a potential fix you might look at uninstalling and re-installing.

If it persists then I would be reviewing the event viewer to see if any events are being recorded. If so post details.

You could do some simply diagnostics like run chkdsk with no parameters to see if it reports anything and may be even run
    sfc /scannow.

Caledon Ken, Feb 10, 2017
  5. chipwood Win User
    Program was found corrupt and replaced. Seems Ok now>

chipwood, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Opening program seems to cause restart

1. Opening program seems to cause restart - Similar Threads - Opening program seems

2. Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open: No matter the app , hotkey, or anything I do to pull something up, the program will run but I can’t get the window to display on my screen.If the description of the issue isn’t clear Here’s a video of my exact issue...
  3. Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open: No matter the app , hotkey, or anything I do to pull something up, the program will run but I can’t get the window to display on my screen.If the description of the issue isn’t clear Here’s a video of my exact issue...
  4. Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Certain programs are causing device to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain programs are causing device to restart: I'm completely at a loss and didn't know where else to turn at this point. Starting a few days ago, some software like Ultimaker Cura 5.4.0 and Armorsmith Designer will immediately cause my desktop to blackscreen and restart. None of the settings have been changed that I'm...
  6. Certain programs are causing device to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain programs are causing device to restart: I'm completely at a loss and didn't know where else to turn at this point. Starting a few days ago, some software like Ultimaker Cura 5.4.0 and Armorsmith Designer will immediately cause my desktop to blackscreen and restart. None of the settings have been changed that I'm...
  7. Certain programs are causing device to restart

8. Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program: Hello everyone! I have recently upgraded my computer to an AMD 5800x from an i7 7700k. As soon as I did that my Windows started black screening and restarting anytime I try to open a game or program. I already reinstalled windows and the issue persisted. If anyone has an idea...
  9. Seemingly Random Restarts

Seemingly Random Restarts: I've recently been having an issue with my PC that I built. I have an IntelR CoreTM i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70 GHz, 16 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, and I have an ASUS Motherboard. I have a watercooler along with 5 other fans installed to the case. There was a lot of careful care...
  10. Re-open Programs After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-open Programs After Restart: Example: I want this currently opened Notepad file, that I'm using right now, to re-open once I restart the computer. I'm aware of the option that you can select to re-open Windows Explorer windows, and I like that option. Yet I want another option to re-open everything else...