Windows 10: Opening Screen is Locked

Discus and support Opening Screen is Locked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running W 10 on a 32 bit HP laptop The opening screen does not change - it appears to be locked Have tried numerous recommendations / suggestions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eric678, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Eric678 Win User

Opening Screen is Locked

Running W 10 on a 32 bit HP laptop

The opening screen does not change - it appears to be locked

Have tried numerous recommendations / suggestions from the web to no avail

This included re-registering with Microsoft and deleteing all contents in the file containing data relevant to spotlight

Spotlight is enabled and locked on the one picture

It has worked perfectly before and until mid June 2018

Trust someone has experienced a similar problem and can suggest a solution

Thanks

:)

Eric678, Jul 14, 2018
  2. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Opening Screen is Locked [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Opening Screen is Locked

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Opening Screen is Locked

1. Opening Screen is Locked - Similar Threads - Opening Screen Locked

2. Open apps rearrange after lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open apps rearrange after lock screen: When logging backing in from lock screen, the app locations, open apps relocate to center of screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-apps-rearrange-after-lock-screen/f4303c9b-44f4-47c6-bfa1-76e79a558410
  3. Open apps rearrange after lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open apps rearrange after lock screen: When logging backing in from lock screen, the app locations, open apps relocate to center of screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-apps-rearrange-after-lock-screen/f4303c9b-44f4-47c6-bfa1-76e79a558410
  4. Open apps rearrange after lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Picture on Opening, Lock? Screen, Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture on Opening, Lock? Screen, Win 10: When Windows boots up, a picture of an old car shows up, It is one in my picture folder, I don't want ANY picture there, how do I delete it and stop any other one from showing up. Thank You...
  6. On-Screen Keyboard Keeps Opening on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    On-Screen Keyboard Keeps Opening on Lock Screen: [ATTACH] Ever since an update a few months ago, the onscreen keyboard keeps opening on the login screen of my Win 10 PC. It only appears on the lock screen after logging out, booting up, and waking from sleep. Thus making it kind of annoying in the case of accidentally...
  7. On-screen keyboard opens in lock screen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    On-screen keyboard opens in lock screen?: [ATTACH] Every time I boot the PC, this on-screen keyboard appears, which I can close temporarily but I can't deactivate it completely. I have tried a lot of things but without success. In the settings it is actually disabled and in the login settings of the control...
  8. I can't open the lock screen with the spacebar anymore.

I can't open the lock screen with the spacebar anymore.: I used to be able to press Space to get from the lock screen to the login screen, but that no longer works, so now I have to press the mouse button. This is a major inconvenience for me due to my unusual computer setup. Please help me revert it back to the spacebar...
  9. Lock Screen sometimes opens PIN screen on its own

Lock Screen sometimes opens PIN screen on its own: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 (version 10.0.18362 build 18362), and I've just witnessed the screen where you type your PIN/password to unlock the computer open on its own while I was on the lock screen and not clicking on anything/not moving my cursor. I had just woken my...
  10. Lock Screen Not Locking

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Not Locking: Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no...