Windows 10: Opening screenshot from Action Center opens System32 folder instead.

Discus and support Opening screenshot from Action Center opens System32 folder instead. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title says this has happened twice in the last week. I would take a screenshots with the prt sc key, and if I try to open it from the Action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bobby Phoenix, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Opening screenshot from Action Center opens System32 folder instead.

As the title says this has happened twice in the last week. I would take a screenshots with the prt sc key, and if I try to open it from the Action Center, System32 opens instead of the Screenshots folder in OneDrive. It only happened twice so far (out of maybe 15 screenshots), so I'm just curious if anyone else had it happen to them?

Opening screenshot from Action Center opens System32 folder instead. [​IMG]

:)

Bobby Phoenix, Jun 16, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

System32 Folder

No that is not normal,

You should see:

System

System32

SystemApps

Capital S on all folders

Can you open the system32 folder set the view to list from the view ribbon and provide a screenshot of the contents of that folder

DaveM121, Jun 16, 2017
  3. Medinoc Win User
    Feedback folder in pictures with screenshots of my desktop right after the anniversary update

According to this (now locked) thread ( Query about feedback folder appearing from nowhere )

this happens whenever you use the keyboard shortcut that formerly opened the "Find..." interface (Win+F).

Now it instead opens the Feedback center, which takes a screenshot right before showing its window.

Medinoc, Jun 16, 2017
  4. Opening screenshot from Action Center opens System32 folder instead.

When I try to save a Netgear switch config file it open the system32 folder instead of my documents folder. Still haven't figured it out.

laserpaddy, Jun 16, 2017
  5. Thanks for the reply. Must be a bug somewhere. When did it start for you?

Bobby Phoenix, Jun 16, 2017
  6. I got the switch right after the Creators update, so really not sure if it was before then or not.
    Then with the last update a new %LOCALAPPDATA% folder showed up unhidden when i open the windows folder;has a crashdumps and dbg folder in it.

Other than that all is good, I hope lol

laserpaddy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Opening screenshot from Action Center opens System32 folder instead.

1. Opening screenshot from Action Center opens System32 folder instead. - Similar Threads - Opening screenshot Action

2. action center will not open from task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    action center will not open from task bar: action center will not open from task bar. calendar will not open from task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open-from-task-bar/be04c14a-2f7d-4cf6-8eb9-ee608ca0ce6a
  3. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center not opening: Action center just won’t open, wether I left click on it directly, or right click and then click “Open action center”. Restarting my PC doesn’t fix this issue. submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]...
  4. Action Center Won't Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center Won't Open: Continuing from a previously locked question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open-please-help-me-solved/bb200d77-5051-4732-a19f-46ec2ba674bc In rare instances, the action center does not open. Perhaps a workaround that is faster...
  5. Action center will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center will not open: After march update have not been able to open action to view notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open/f06ebecd-46f5-457b-aa8e-84851112f6e6
  6. Action center is not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  7. action center won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    action center won't open: I get notifications but can not open action center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open/dba379fb-5761-4a98-ade9-7ccc522e969a
  8. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center not opening: So, for a while now I've been unable to open the action center, I recently deleted a few picture folders on my computer but that should be all I've done. Before I deleted those pictures I had issues with the computer being too full. I don't remember when the issue started,...
  9. Website notifications from Action Center not opening.

in Windows 10 Support
    Website notifications from Action Center not opening.: My Youtube subscription notifications in Action Center are not opening to my browser, instead when I click them they just disappear. *Huh 117880
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...