Windows 10: Opening windows store apps from command line

Discus and support Opening windows store apps from command line in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I open windows store apps like Hulu from the command prompt? 44674 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jachin99, Mar 19, 2016.

1. jachin99 Win User

Opening windows store apps from command line

How do I open windows store apps like Hulu from the command prompt?

:)

jachin99, Mar 19, 2016

2. Apps from the store will no longer open after anniversary update

Tried suggested fix, well some apps will open. But not the store and many other apps from the store. Not sure which apps worked before I tried the command line stuff.

ScottiBurns, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Command Line Arguments

Go to "Open Item Location" and then set it directly there from the folder. PS. this only works for regular programs. Apps from the app store don't have command line arguments.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, with this type of command (this is for store). No idea about Hulu, sorry.
    start ms-windows-store:

FWIW this is one for netflix, so you might think Hulu could be similar
    Start netflix:

dalchina, Mar 19, 2016
  5. jachin99 Win User
    After looking around i dont think i can do this with hulu. This method and typing hulu into the web browser under different combinations of yhe hulu name give me nothing. I emailed their support about this but i doubt they will be much help. How would i go about starting an app in fullscreen using the command line

jachin99, Mar 20, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Mar 20, 2016
  7. jachin99 Win User
    I have seen both of those but I have not had time to try them. Thanks for the help.

jachin99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Opening windows store apps from command line - Similar Threads - Opening store apps

2. How to open an image in paint 3d from command line?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open an image in paint 3d from command line?: I have an image, "D:\Misc\1.jpg".I want to open/edit it in paint 3d, which is a windows store app, I think.I want to do that operation from command line. How to do that?I have tried the following with no success.mspaint "D:\Misc\1.jpg" /ForceBootstrapPaint3D ms-paint:...
  3. How to open an image in paint 3d from command line?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open an image in paint 3d from command line?: I have an image, "D:\Misc\1.jpg".I want to open/edit it in paint 3d, which is a windows store app, I think.I want to do that operation from command line. How to do that?I have tried the following with no success.mspaint "D:\Misc\1.jpg" /ForceBootstrapPaint3D ms-paint:...
  4. How to open Microsoft Store apps from Command Prompt

in Windows 10 News
    How to open Microsoft Store apps from Command Prompt: [ATTACH]In this tutorial, we will describe how to open Microsoft Store apps from Command Prompt. You can open any Microsoft Store app using the command line if you have the following data: App’s Package Family Name. App ID. Every Microsoft Store app has a unique Package...
  5. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  6. Windows Store apps not available on command line (that should be)?

Windows Store apps not available on command line (that should be)?: Hi I have installed Windows Terminal (Preview) and WinDbg (Preview) from the Store and both of them are supposed to be available on the command line via the "wt" and "windbgx" commands respectively. These do not work on my machine. Does anybody have any ideas about what...
  7. Running a launch parameter command line argument on a windows store app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Running a launch parameter command line argument on a windows store app: I've been searching and fighting with this for months now, what used to be as simple as adding a line to a shortcut target is now an absolutely insane process... I simply want to run an "ARK survival evolved" Server with a few command line arguments, for no reasonable reason...
  8. Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line: Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like...
  9. Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line

Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line: Hi everyone, I am here to share how to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line. 1. Open Code: shell:AppsFolder[/quote] 2. Find your app 3. Right click and choose "Create Shortcut" 4. Yes, placed the shortcut on desktop 5. Right click the shortcut and choose...
  10. setting default apps from command line?

setting default apps from command line?: in win7, after installation and setting the correct file associations, the correct program would start upon double clicking in win10 however, it popups wanting you to set a ?default app?. ive seen this happen for klite codec pack, firefox, utorrent i do unattended...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. launch windows store apps from command line

2. open windows store cmd

3. stop windows store app command line

4. start anywindows store apps cmd,
  5. open a windows store from command line,
  6. open windows apps from command line,
  7. start windows store app from command line,
  8. store apps from command line,
  9. Opening store app command line