Windows 10: Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions

Discus and support Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Opera has been regularly working on introducing new features for its Chromium based Opera web browser. The company is now working on two new versions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 17, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions

Opera has been regularly working on introducing new features for its Chromium based Opera web browser. The company is now working on two new versions of its browser, Opera 55 and Opera 56.

The Opera 55 version of the web browser is now in beta testing phase and the company has now introduced some new features to the latest version. The Opera 55 beta version introduces a new and revamped settings page which is now split in two categories basic and advanced making it easier for users to configure their favorite web browser.

Opera has also added a new integrated search bar which now helps users to search for specific settings. There is also a redesigning done to the badge pop up for website settings with the pop up now displaying information like if the connection is secure, available certificates and more.

Users will also be able to adjust the site settings by going to the settings page under Advanced>Privacy and security>Content Settings. The latest Opera 55 beta versions now allows the most important feature, the ability to install Chrome extensions.

Kornelia Mielczarczyk, desktop QA at Opera Software states: “Chrome’s rich extensions web store is now available in today’s Opera beta release. Now when you visit the Chrome extensions site, you’ll see a sliding toolbar on top of the page allowing you to install Chrome extensions on Opera.”

Users will now be able to install the Chrome extensions directly from the Chrome Web Store bringing a new and improved browsing experience. To install the Chrome extensions you would need to use the new sliding toolbar which is available on top of the extension page on the Chrome Web Store.

The latest beta version of Opera 55 is now available for Windows operating systems along with Linux/GNU and macOS.

The post Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

3. Castiel Win User
    Web browsers

Thats not a lot of options. I would only suggest Internet Explorer or Opera. If you are looking for simplicity then IE I guess, but Opera seems like they are making their browser look more like Chrome or the new Firefox.

Castiel, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions

I just switched to google chromes web browser and man is it fast

I gonna stick with Opera 10. I have used a lot of web browsers including Chrome and Opera 10 is the second best browser I have used thus far.....Netscape 7.2 being the best. Rest in peace old friend. *Cry :cry:

TheLaughingMan, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions

1. Opera 55 Web Browser now supports Chrome extensions - Similar Threads - Opera Web Browser

2. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  3. Web Activities Chrome extension not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web Activities Chrome extension not working: Hi Has anyone noticed Web Activities not working when using a work account in Windows 10? My Windows Timeline seems to have stopped working since 7th February so there are no entries for websites visited in Chrome. The Timeline still seems to be working as the odd...
  4. Installing Chrome extensions in Opera

in Browsers and Email
    Installing Chrome extensions in Opera: I used to be able to install Chrome extensions in Opera directly from the Chrome extensions store with an extension called "install Chrome extensions". Now I can't install extensions for some reason. The current extensions I previous installed update okay and run fine....
  5. Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome: Currently I use Defender and run Malwarebytes on demand. Does WD perform any browser related protection? I know it doesn't cover PUP's in std mode, Just wondering what the consensus is about this Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome? Sounds like a good idea, but I...
  6. Opera 55 is out for Windows with new features and easy way to install Chrome extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Opera 55 is out for Windows with new features and easy way to install Chrome extensions: Last month, the software maker Opera released the beta version of its web browser for Windows and other platforms. Late last week, Opera Software promoted the Opera 55 Chromium-based web browser to the stable channel for Windows and other supported platforms. Opera 55 is yet...
  7. Images in Opera and Chrome browsers breaking

in Browsers and Email
    Images in Opera and Chrome browsers breaking: I'm not really sure if there is anything I can do about this. I can seem to manage to fix it, I'm wondering if there is a way to prevent it. I'm currently trying to find the cause. Every day for the past few days, I will end up with broken images, usually involving...
  8. Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app: For the last two hours I have been trying to set Opera as web browser in default app under Default Apps in Settings. The only web browser is working with Microsoft Edge not other web browser. I am not sure how can I make Opera as default and rather use this not Microsoft...
  9. Firefox API to Support Chrome, Opera

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox API to Support Chrome, Opera: [img] Mozilla announced the plans on their blog: We are announcing some major upcoming changes to Firefox add-ons. Our add-on ecosystem has evolved through incremental, organic growth over the years, but there are some modernizations to Firefox that require some...
  10. Opera web browser is Reborn

in Windows 10 News
    Opera web browser is Reborn: Over the last year, we have introduced a series of new features such as free VPN and native ad blocking. Earlier this year we also presented Opera Neon, a concept browser that gave you a glimpse into the future of desktop browsers. Now, the best parts of Neon are being...