Windows 10: Operating System failure help needed

Discus and support Operating System failure help needed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, Earlier today I was watching amazon and google chrome sent me back to the previous page continuously until I got back to new tab. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xander8798, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Operating System failure help needed

Greetings,
    Earlier today I was watching amazon and google chrome sent me back to the previous page continuously until I got back to new tab. This happens everytime I open something in google chrome, spotify, microsoft edge, or even steam. A few seconds after opening anything that has a previous page button it is activated and I am sent back to the first page.
    Edit: Windows File Explorer is affected as well.

To make matters worse at the same time as the is happening my mouse function is failing. Whenever I sign into my my PC everything is normal than no more than a minute later I cannot highlight or click on anything, spotify, web pages, windows apps or the task bar at the bottom.

The only way to get back to being able to click thinks is to alt tab many times, open task manager via ctrl alt dlt and hit cancel or simply restarting my computer.

Both of these issues appear to be connected as my web pages go backwards my clicking fails both right and left clicking.

What I have done so far with no success:
    Boot in safe mode
    Disable all non windows processes and selective start options
    Reset bios uefi
    Update drivers to mouse
    Reinstall drivers to mouse
    Use different mouse
    Restore to last windows update
    Reset my pc keeping files

I also reset pc keeping only windows, problem subsided after I switched my left click to right click on my mouse than resumed shortly after I signed back into chrome and started watching amazon.

How do I fix this problem? what havn't I tried?
    I'm desperate

:)

xander8798, Aug 15, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 15, 2018
  3. ' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Operating System failure help needed

Media Test Failure and No Operating System Found

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided in the following Microsoft Community link given below and check if that helps.

Error message: " Operating System not found" and Laptop(Windows 8) not starting.

All the above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Operating System failure help needed

1. Operating System failure help needed - Similar Threads - Operating System failure

2. Wiped towers needing operating systems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiped towers needing operating systems: The business I work for just bough 12 towers from a school that closed down. The 12 towers were originally windows 8.1pro. But they have been wiped clean of an operating system. I would like to know how would I go about installing a new operating system in all of them, if at...
  3. Wiped towers needing operating systems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wiped towers needing operating systems: The business I work for just bough 12 towers from a school that closed down. The 12 towers were originally windows 8.1pro. But they have been wiped clean of an operating system. I would like to know how would I go about installing a new operating system in all of them, if at...
  4. Operation system failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operation system failure: hello. This is, if you know, DIGITAL SAT app called BLUEBOOK. When i try to open/use this app this pop up appeared on the screen suddenly. My laptop runs Windows 11 22h2 but despite that fact it couldn't open this app. Can u help me if can, please do....
  5. Operation system failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operation system failure: hello. This is, if you know, DIGITAL SAT app called BLUEBOOK. When i try to open/use this app this pop up appeared on the screen suddenly. My laptop runs Windows 11 22h2 but despite that fact it couldn't open this app. Can u help me if can, please do....
  6. help, missing operation system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help, missing operation system: i downloaded windows 10 iso, then shrinked 11gb storage from D drive, then pasted windows iso files into that shrinked drive, restarted pc and started installing, but i couldn't format c drive (which i wanted) also i couldn't continue process i dont know why it didnt let mr...
  7. ‘Error Loading Operating System,’ need help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ‘Error Loading Operating System,’ need help!: Hello, ive run into an issue where upon starting my new pc, i get a message of ‘error loading operating system.’ This message popped up after I installed some wifi adapter drivers, so I’m assuming theres some things conflicting inside the pc. The pc’s OS is Windows 10 Pro and...
  8. Need help with operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with operating system: Hi I had put an operating system on a flash drive a while back I have a question once you download it to another computer does it take it off the flash drive or can it be used again? Also when you don't have an operating system how do you install OS using a flash...
  9. Operating system is just gone?!?! Help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Operating system is just gone?!?! Help!: Please I need help!! I have a toshiba all in one computer and it had windows 8 I upgraded to windows 10 a few year ago... all has been fine. I moved a year ago and still all was fine.. on night I woke because the computer was flashing. So I used the power button to turn it...
  10. No Operating System Found (Please Help)

in Windows 10 Support
    No Operating System Found (Please Help): Ok, so a while back when the Windows 10 Upgrade had popped up on my computer, I upgraded with no problem at all. I wanted to do a factory restore in order to clean up my laptop completely, however while updating, the power went out and the computer shut off. Logging back on,...