Windows 10: Opinion: The 10240 version of Solitaire is not very impressive

Discus and support Opinion: The 10240 version of Solitaire is not very impressive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In the earlier Windows 10 builds, there were things I didn't like about the new Solitaire, but I have to say the RTM version doesn't impress me much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jfreemont, Jul 27, 2015.

1. jfreemont Win User

Opinion: The 10240 version of Solitaire is not very impressive

In the earlier Windows 10 builds, there were things I didn't like about the new Solitaire, but I have to say the RTM version doesn't impress me much for being an inbox app for Windows 10.

1. Really don't like that it now has general ads. That's a huge turn-off.

2. It also now advertises itself. In the menu, it has ads to upgrade to the premium, subscription-based version of Solitaire.

3. The load times seem to be a little longer now than in the previous versions.

4. It now more forcefully tries to get you to sign into your Xbox account. As soon as you open the app, it tries to get you to sign-in. It's possible not to show the dialog again, but it's still a bit of a put-off, especially in environments where settings cannot be permanently saved on a computer.

5. It is now also heavily Xbox-branded.

6. This was also I complaint I had about earlier Windows 10 versions, but all the hint bubbles and connections to "the cloud" are a bit of a turn-off. The pre-Windows 8 versions of Solitaire were quick, "open and play" games.

Again, just my opinion, but I find much to dislike about the new version.

:)

jfreemont, Jul 27, 2015
  2. romza Win User

Nokia Lumia 930 - overheating

I have had the Lumia 930 now for 2 weeks. I do not run a lot of apps on the phone, but still my phone gets really hot as well. For example playing the Microsoft Solitaire collection for 20 minutes gets the phone so hot that I cannot hold it in my hand. Also
    once it became so hot that the Microsoft Solitaire crashed.

Even web surfing makes the phone really hot.

When I use the phone very little then with 100% charge I can get the phone to last ~2 days, but it is in my opinion not very impressive. I do not know how phonearena.com got their numbers (Stand by time 23 days).

In my regin Cortana is not available, so I do not use that.

I hope Microsoft and Nokia will arrange software updates that will fix the hot potato issue as well as battery drain issues.

romza, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Is the w7 version of solitaire available for w10? This new version is a giant leap backward.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Sorry to inform you that Solitaire game which was available in Windows 7 is not available in Windows 10, since the operating system have been upgraded even the games versions are upgraded.

You can go to Windows store and download the solitaire games for free and few games should be purchased. I request you to provide us the feedback using the feedback app, so that it will reach our concerned team.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

I notice that not a single critique had anything to do with the actual solitaire game itself or any of it's gameplay....

Mystere, Jul 27, 2015
  5. bobjoe Win User
    I agree.

Why can't they just include the game as it was in W7 or Vista.

MS keeps forcing this "app"-style crap... It's so annoying!

bobjoe, Jul 27, 2015
  6. I actually really enjoy it, especially the XBox Live integration.

blackroseMD1, Jul 27, 2015
  7. jfreemont Win User
    Sure. But there is more to any program than just how it plays at its core. In some environments (i.e., anywhere where permanent changes cannot be stored because of programs like DeepFreeze or mandatory profiles), these changes will basically make it annoying just to start the game because there will be a bunch of prompts to go through.

jfreemont, Jul 27, 2015
  8. kensiko Win User

Any way to just make Solitaire from Windows 7 works on 10 ?

kensiko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Opinion: The 10240 version of Solitaire is not very impressive - Similar Threads - Opinion 10240 version

2. Opinions re Windows 11 Version 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opinions re Windows 11 Version 23H2: Iam Win11 Pro 64 bit fully updated as at yesterday,-incl Cum Update 22H2.I notice on Updates that Win 11 23H2 is available to download and install.I seek opinions from any Community member who has installed 23H2 -good, bad etc.Comments pleaseNeil...
  3. Opinions re Windows 11 Version 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opinions re Windows 11 Version 23H2: Iam Win11 Pro 64 bit fully updated as at yesterday,-incl Cum Update 22H2.I notice on Updates that Win 11 23H2 is available to download and install.I seek opinions from any Community member who has installed 23H2 -good, bad etc.Comments pleaseNeil...
  4. Update of Windows 10 version 10240 to version 20h2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update of Windows 10 version 10240 to version 20h2: My Update of Windows 10 version 10240 to version 20h2 is not working it is stuck in 89% I tried to recover the pc but it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-of-windows-10-version-10240-to-version-20h2/49f1f31c-71cf-4215-900f-fdf8e62ef235
  5. I'm Impressed. Version 2004 is faster

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm Impressed. Version 2004 is faster: My system has an Intel Optane "Supersized" HDD cache system which Win 10 Ver 2004 had known issues with So, I got the 2004 update only yesterday (June 16th) It generates an error for a feature of the Optane that I'm not using and haven't seen any problems ..... [img] I...
  6. Win 10 recognised all new hardware. Very impressed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 recognised all new hardware. Very impressed.: Having sold the guts of my old PC to help pay to create a new one, I must say I'm pretty impressed at how Windows 10 handles new hardware. I just went from a Core i5 2300 on a Gigabyte Z68 MB with 8GB 1333 DDR3 to a Core i5 6500 on an Asrock Z170 mATX MB and 8 GB 2133...
  7. Windows 10 version 10240...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 version 10240...: Is version 10240 the RTM release for W10? [img] There's no watermark on the desktop, over the taskbar, so it's presumably the RTM version, correct? 8403
  8. impressed! but questions

in Windows 10 Support
    impressed! but questions: just downloaded the free upgrade from win 8.1 to 10, from install of losing the desktop to getting it back in win 10 only took 22 mins! I like edge browser but how do I get extensions? I read somewhere that they where compatible with chrome extensions however when I go...
  9. Opinions

in Windows 10 Support
    Opinions: On the positive side so much of W10 Preview is an improvement on previous M$ iterations. On the negative side Favourites in Edge is a minefield to set up. All laid out in alphabetical order after being transferred from IE, they can be rearranged to your preferred order as...
  10. My First Impression

in Windows 10 Support
    My First Impression: NNOOOOO!!!!!!! Okay, that's the short answer. I get that a lot of people wanted a "start menu", but why take away the Start Screen and replace it with the box next to the menu ?? Granted, it didn't take me long to sort out how to add / remove tiles from it, but now I'm...