Windows 10: Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for Windows 10

Discus and support Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is part of the Universal Windows Platform (UWP), which means that it can be used in all apps targeting Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for Windows 10

Source: Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for Windows 10 | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Feb 7, 2016

2. Does onenote app from windows store have OCR function?

Does onenote app that come with windows 10 desktop has Optical Character recognition(OCR) feature?

If yes how to use it?

Parikh Goyal, Feb 7, 2016
  3. Windows 10 OCR

According to this article,
    https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2016/02/08/optical-character-recognition-ocr-for-windows-10
    , Windows, and in particular Windows 10, has an OCR software built right into the "Universal Windows
    Platform".

The article says that:

"The Windows 10 November update enables OCR for four new languages, bringing the total number of supported languages to 25"

and

"This technology has been heavily tested inside Microsoft for years. It’s used in major products like Word, OneNote, OneDrive, ..."

If that is the case, and there is no reason to doubt it, using that OCR tool should be available to more than just scripting, as shown in the Blog article.

So, given a scanned JPEG file, how can we use that OCR engine in a user friendly way ?

YvesTrottier, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for Windows 10

1. Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Optical Character Recognition

2. OCR Error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OCR Error on Windows 10: Hi,I installed a program shareX but when I try to use its OCR feature it throws an error:After, I tried Microsoft PowerTool's OCR feature but it doesn't work either.I tried to install .net 7.0 but problem was still there.My language pack seems allright.What should I do to...
  3. OCR Error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OCR Error on Windows 10: Hi,I installed a program shareX but when I try to use its OCR feature it throws an error:After, I tried Microsoft PowerTool's OCR feature but it doesn't work either.I tried to install .net 7.0 but problem was still there.My language pack seems allright.What should I do to...
  4. OCR Error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. OCR

OCR: I'm told I need an OCR so that I can edit scanned in docs. I am completely ignorant of these. Please advise, is this an app are they free and how do they relate to the scanned document ie how do I work them?Many thanksRay.TJ...
  6. OCR

OCR: Is there a safe way to empty the recycle bin of an external drive without the use of Tree Size or other 3rd party. I think once I minimized the screen and after selecting the folder I emptied the recycle bin to Windows desktop bin but cannot remember the steps. I have...
  7. Windows 10 / English (gb) optical character recognition feature / installation keeps failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 / English (gb) optical character recognition feature / installation keeps failing: Good day, On my Windows 10 computer the 'English (GB) optical character recognition' feature repeatedly fails to install, as shown below: [ATTACH] The error code varies, I've seen at least two, 0x8024402C and 0x800F0908. Now, I'd like to know how I can turn this...
  8. OCR

OCR: I checked my posts and don't see OCR so I think this is fresh. I have tried to use OneNote as OCR for the longest time with no success. I have used YouTube videos all of which are different and do not work for me. I have read that One Note's OCR no longer works. I have...
  9. OCR

OCR: Don't know how a site can help with OCR/Optical Character Recognition, usually is a program that comes with scanners or Printer/Scanner/Copier/Fax units, mine is ReadIRIS, there's others. Google Keep does it.
  10. OCR

OCR: I have Office 2010 Home and Student. Is there a way, besides cloud or buying OCR software, to use OCR with Windows 10? I did find "Free OCR" and it is just ok. The price for OCR is very high and it did not come with this printer.I tried Google OCR but I did not want my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. optical character recognition windows 10

2. using optical character recognition in windows 10