Windows 10: optical drive and mouse

Discus and support optical drive and mouse in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 has many problems. Fisrt of all when I downloaded it on the first day that it came out, there were sooo many problems. It did not work with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chuckwilson1, Jul 13, 2018.

1. optical drive and mouse

Windows 10 has many problems. Fisrt of all when I downloaded it on the first day that it came out, there were sooo many problems. It did not work with this and that. Then about 3 weeks ago my MS office expired. How is this possible? I own the original discs. (Do not upgrade) Now, I realized that the old MS office has compatability problems with Windows 10. I updated yesterday and now my mouse will not work and my optical drive will not work. This looks like they want me to buy a MS mouse and have download products that I have already owned. NOT Happy. Maybe I will get Ubuntu or Mac instead. If Windows 10 was a car, the stereo would have wires inverted, the transmission would not be plugged up to the dash, the seats would be too small and wheels would be the wrong nut configuration and there would be no dipstick to check oil and it would cost a lot of money to get your trans fluid changed. I would be ashamed to have put that together and sell it.

:)

chuckwilson1, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Ernie San Win User

Optical Drive missing

Hello,

To find Optical Drive, we recommend checking it on Device Manager. Here are the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type and click Device Manager in Cortana search box.
    • Click View.
    • Select Show hidden devices.
    Let us know how it goes.

Ernie San, Jul 13, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Optical Drive

Hi ERNESTSMITHVM,

Boot into BIOS/UEFI and check that the Optical drive is listed there, if it is not then the Acer Tech has somehow not connected that drive correctly . . .

Otherwise, in Windows , open Device Manager - is hat drive listed at the top of the Hardware list?

DaveM121, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Dalmango Win User

optical drive and mouse

Search Not Indexing Optical Drive

Thanks,

• When you mentioned D Drive, are you pertaining to a partition or a separate external drive? - D Drive = Solid State Drive; 1 of 2 internal drives (the other being an optical drive);
    • Were you able to check if indexing was already completed? - Indexing completed on each attempt of rectification;
    • In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter - Done prior to posting; useless! It does not find any problems.

Dalmango, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

optical drive and mouse

1. optical drive and mouse - Similar Threads - optical drive mouse

2. optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  3. optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  4. Optical Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Drive: Hello, The optical drive on my ASUS all in one pc has stopped working. Apparently, there is a driver error. I have tried to fix/update with no success. ASUS say there is no direct fix available. I have bought an external drive, but this is also showing the same diagnostic...
  5. Optical drive

Optical drive: How do I install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/db20e64f-3402-413d-8948-b95b9dd4eb48
  6. Microsoft Optical Mouse 3000

Microsoft Optical Mouse 3000: Recently Windows 10 update crashed my pc so bad I had to install a new version of Windows. My Microsoft Optical Mouse 3000 will work but the magnifier does not. I have a hard time reading and need this function. I try and reinstall software but Windows 10 will not recognize...
  7. Optical Drive Issue

Optical Drive Issue: Optical Drive Issue – When I go to my Documents folder and want to send a Word file to a DVD disc, I click on “Send to.” The pop-up menu does not include the option to send the file to the DVD disc. The wording is missing. The DVD disc does work on its own. I use Windows 10....
  8. optical drive

optical drive: just bought a new desk top PC. manual shows that there is an optical drive eject button but I don't see it in my PC. am I equipped with optical drive or no? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/ff81eee5-343a-42cc-b7f8-31d2e4a2b445
  9. Bluetooth optical mouse

Bluetooth optical mouse: How can I change to have the words 'allow a device to connect' not to greyed out so that I connect an optical mouse via blue tooth? Moved from: Microsoft Education /Windows 10/Install, upgrade, & activate...
  10. optical drive

optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14