Windows 10: Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10

Discus and support Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10 [img] Information When watching movies and videos on battery power in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10

How to: Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10

Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information When watching movies and videos on battery power in Windows 10, you can select to optimize for battery life or video quality.

When set to optimize for battery life on devices that can play high dynamic range (HDR) movies and videos, HDR videos will play as standard dynamic range (SDR) videos when your laptop or tablet isn’t plugged in to get more out of your battery.

This tutorial will show you how to optimize for battery life or video quality when watching moves and videos on battery power in Windows 10.

Note This setting will affect all users on the PC that use the same power plan.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Settings
    • Option Two: To Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Power Options
    • Option Three: To Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Command Prompt

OPTION ONE [/i] To Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Battery on the left side, and select Optimize for battery life or Optimize for video quality in the When watching movies and videos on battery power drop menu on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Power Options
    1. Open the chosen power plan.

2. Expand open Multimedia settings and Video playback quality bias, set On battery to what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Enter the command below you want to use into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)

(Optimize for battery life)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 9596fb26-9850-41fd-ac3e-f7c3c00afd4b 10778347-1370-4ee0-8bbd-33bdacaade49 1

OR

(Optimize for video quality)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 9596fb26-9850-41fd-ac3e-f7c3c00afd4b 10778347-1370-4ee0-8bbd-33bdacaade49 0

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Mar 22, 2016
  2. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Oct 26, 2019
  3. coukou Win User
    Optimize Battery Life on Windows 10 PC  

Hello, In order to optimize the battery life of my laptop, I want to configure it to 80% as the maximum load.
    How do I manage that Power Throttling to 80% on Windows 10? Otherwise, what utility do you recommend?
    Regards ,

coukou, Oct 26, 2019
  4. coukou Win User

Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10

TNX Brink for yr reply and sorry for the delay.
    My meaning is about the battery itself, nothing to do with the processor.

In today's mobile world, most batteries in use today are lithium-ion (it's my case). So, battery life is precious. To extend this battery life, it is recommended to not fully charge (100%) or to discharge them completely either.
    So, I'm looking for how to manage that Power Throttling (battery charge) to 80% on Windows 10? Otherwise, what utility do you recommend? I heard about IBM Power Manager that enable that limitation but I can't find it.
    Regards

coukou, Oct 26, 2019
  5. coukou Win User

TNX Brink for yr reply and sorry for the delay.
    My meaning is about the battery itself, nothing to do with the processor.

In today's mobile world, most batteries in use today are lithium-ion (it's my case). So, battery life is precious. To extend this battery life, it is recommended to not fully charge (100%) or to discharge them completely either.
    So, I'm looking for how to manage that Power Throttling (battery charge) to 80% on Windows 10? Otherwise, what utility do you recommend? I heard about IBM Power Manager that enable that limitation but I can't find it.
    Regards

coukou, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Bad battery life

Good to know, I think. Battery life on my Yoga 2 Pro has taken a noticeable hit since installing the new OS.

pseudoware, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10

1. Optimize Battery Life when Watching Movies and Videos in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Optimize Battery Life

2. Getting this error when trying to watch a video with Movies & TV player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting this error when trying to watch a video with Movies & TV player: Getting this error when trying to watch a video with the Movies & TV player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-this-error-when-trying-to-watch-a-video/4955a069-53f9-44a6-bee0-2eae5421ae33
  3. Getting this error when trying to watch a video with Movies & TV player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting this error when trying to watch a video with Movies & TV player: Getting this error when trying to watch a video with the Movies & TV player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-this-error-when-trying-to-watch-a-video/4955a069-53f9-44a6-bee0-2eae5421ae33
  4. Optimizing battery life on a Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimizing battery life on a Windows 10 laptop: Just like the topic says, how do I do this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optimizing-battery-life-on-a-windows-10-laptop/77809a06-eb46-4b5f-84a4-cd2666f4dc15
  5. Screen goes black when im watching videos, movies.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen goes black when im watching videos, movies.: I changed that option about screen turning off after several minutes to never still same problem. submitted by /u/enido777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g61ipd/screen_goes_black_when_im_watching_videos_movies/
  6. watching movies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    watching movies: When I am watching a movie I get an extension popping up wanting to control video. Sometimes when I move my mouse towards it the extension disappears. I can click on the extension but I can not delete the extension. The extension restarts the video at various times and is...
  7. Improve Battery Life when watching Movies and Videos on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Improve Battery Life when watching Movies and Videos on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you always find that your Windows 10 device’s battery lasts for a shorter time than you expected, you can optimize Windows 10 for better battery life – especially while watching videos and movies on battery power. Improve Battery Life [...] This post...
  8. battery life and optimization

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery life and optimization: 1. what are the best settings for battery optimization? 2. why does my battery die when I have the computer plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life-and-optimization/543cc120-d6a3-451a-ac37-e0c6ba374cd4
  9. Optimize Battery Life on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize Battery Life on Windows 10 PC: How to: Optimize Battery Life on Windows 10 PC How to Optimize Battery Life on Windows 10 PC This tutorial will provide you with a list of suggestions to help optimize, extend, and improve the battery life on your Windows 10 laptop or tablet. You can pick and choose...
  10. Battery life with windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery life with windows 10: Initially battery life increased for my laptop ASUS S400CA from 2:35 to 3:35. Now it has come down to 2:30. In between I changed battery saver from 100 to 60. Now again I changed to 100. Still battery life is going down. I would like to know about other users exp. Any...