Windows 10: Optimzing a M.2 SSD for WIndows 10 Home

Discus and support Optimzing a M.2 SSD for WIndows 10 Home in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All Laptop has a smallish 128gb M.2 SSD with Windows 10 Home on it, is there anything optimization wise I should do, or just leave it as is, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, May 6, 2018.

1. Optimzing a M.2 SSD for WIndows 10 Home

Hi All

Laptop has a smallish 128gb M.2 SSD with Windows 10 Home on it, is there anything optimization wise I should do, or just leave it as is, with the proper drivers installed and such. Don't wanna do too much tweaking and result in errors or performance loss or have too many writes to the SSD drive, and then have to go thru trouble of replacing or having an authrozied tech do that since it's still under warranty

:)

AMDMan2016, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Optimzing a M.2 SSD for WIndows 10 Home

1. Optimzing a M.2 SSD for WIndows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Optimzing SSD Home

2. SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD and M.2 SSD: i was with a ssd sata and now i have ssd m.2, i formatted and put windows 11 in m.2, but i did not remove the ssd sata, i can only boot windows with the ssd sata connected, if i remove it windows does not boot to m.2 obs: windows was installed on m.2 but the ssd sata was...
  3. SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA SSD and M.2 SSD: i was with a ssd sata and now i have ssd m.2, i formatted and put windows 11 in m.2, but i did not remove the ssd sata, i can only boot windows with the ssd sata connected, if i remove it windows does not boot to m.2 obs: windows was installed on m.2 but the ssd sata was...
  4. M.2 ssd upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 ssd upgrade: Hi, Im new to the world of ssd and pc upgrades today im going to install an m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop and keep my old hard drive so my question is if i unplug the hard drive put in the m.2 nvme ssd install windows on it and then plug the hard drive again do i lose any data of...
  5. Windows 10 hdd to m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 hdd to m.2 ssd: Hi guys, I’m just wondering if I can or how hard / easy it is to move windows 10 from a hard drive to an m.2 ssd. Thanks in advance for any help :) submitted by /u/oscarfowes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhz2r2/windows_10_hdd_to_m2_ssd/
  6. ?M.2 or ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ?M.2 or ssd: My ? board has a M-2 slot, will that act the same as a ssd. I'm looking at a Kingmax M-2 2280 B /M SATAIII 256GB. This stuff is confusing to me some times sorry for the confusion while asking my ?s. I have so much new storage in my system now all I'm trying to do is get all...
  7. M.2 SSD's

M.2 SSD's: Does anyone here run their OS on an M.2 SSD? And if so, do you notice any difference in speed than a regular SSD? 114991
  8. M.2 ssd's

M.2 ssd's: Hi all just to ask I have a asus z170ar I have a intell 520 ssd and just wanted to upgrade to a m.2 and was looking at a samsung nvme m.2 960 evo 500gig or a pro, my mob say it is a m.2 pcie m type. would it fit? 105095
  9. m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    m.2 ssd: Hi all can you clone a ssd to a m.2 ssd, making the m.2 ssd the boot drive? 68728
  10. M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...