Windows 10: Option to dual boot when a 2nd operating system is not present

Discus and support Option to dual boot when a 2nd operating system is not present in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, first time here. I recently upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10. I have had everything activate properly. I then decided to do a fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Daxon, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Daxon Win User

Option to dual boot when a 2nd operating system is not present

Hey guys, first time here. I recently upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10. I have had everything activate properly. I then decided to do a fresh install of windows 10. I loaded boot media on my pc and everything went fine. Now with the fresh install of windows 10, at boot up, I get the option to choose windows 10 or windows 7. How to I change this so it ALWAYS defaults and boots windows 10? Considering I wiped my hard drive clean windows 7 shouldn't even be an option.

:)

Daxon, Aug 12, 2015
  2. JamesHull Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 on Dual Boot System, both systems are Windows 7 Pro and on seperate drives vice partitions.

I presently dual boot Windows 7 Pro on both systems. Original was on 2nd drive. When booting 2nd system on D it becomes C drive and original becomes D, booting original it becomes C and 2nd system becomes D. Would both systems be updateable to Windows
    10, and if so does it matter which one is updated first?

JamesHull, Aug 12, 2015
  3. JamesHull Win User
    Upgrade to Windows 10 on Dual Boot System, both systems are Windows 7 Pro and on seperate drives vice partitions.

My question was not fully answered. I do have genuine license for Windows 7 Pro. In a dual boot system both being Windows 7 Pro, does it matter which one is upgraded first if I desire to upgrade both systems? New question, does it matter which is upgraded
    to Windows 10 if only one system is upgraded?

JamesHull, Aug 12, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

XweAponX, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Daxon Win User
    I am pretty positive that worked I need to restart to double check, in the middle of a large download so I am going to wait until it is done and then reboot and will mark solved after.

Daxon, Aug 12, 2015
  6. XweAponX Win User
    Ha, I'm backing up an iPhone I know how that is... Sometimes the sync takes forever to start.

XweAponX, Aug 12, 2015
  7. Daxon Win User
    Oh I noticed after I used that solve that it was detecting windows 7 on my secondary hard drive, this drive was wiped ages and ages ago, I don't know why the os is detecting a windows 7 installation there.

Daxon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Option to dual boot when a 2nd operating system is not present - Similar Threads - Option dual boot

2. Dual boot option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot option: Hello sir, i have a dual boot os on my windows 10 and i already delete the other one using msconfig option, Now i want to bring back the dual boot option again.. Is it possible?...
  3. Creating dual boot of two Windows operating systems.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creating dual boot of two Windows operating systems.: Hey, I am using Windows 10 home single language 64 bit which is activated by an OEM key. I am planning to create a dual boot of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. I have the license key for Windows 8.1. My question is that Will it affect my activation? In future if I uninstall...
  4. Dual operating systems.

Dual operating systems.: Hi there, is it possible to have two windows 10 operating systems installed on the same drive that operate independently from each other? The aim here is to be able to do a pc reset on one operating system whilst leaving the other untouched. This has got nothing to do with...
  5. Error: "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application", when...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application", when...: As the subject description, I just finished running the windows 10 and get on the desktop, the Error adhered appearing. I have do any operations on the desktop works. so would you please help me to check why the Error coming and how to fix the problem, thank you. By the...
  6. Operating system is not presently configured to... error

Operating system is not presently configured to... error: I tried the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth in the CMD prompt and got the following: Error: 740 Elevated permissions are required to run DISM. Use an elevated command prompt to complete these tasks. I am an administrator on my computer, I'm not sure why I am...
  7. The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application

The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application: I can't open Excel file, I get this error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-operating-system-is-not-presently-configured/207fd419-609d-4963-9640-673b564ee74f
  8. adding Windows 10 as dual boot operating system

adding Windows 10 as dual boot operating system: I'd like to add Windows 10 (USB home version) as dual boot operating system. Simple reason is because I'm using software (Vista sp2) that doesn't offer driver support for M-audio devices (Firewire 1814) in conjunction with ProTools for Win 10; and still need to use it....
  9. How to Dual-Boot 2nd OS?

How to Dual-Boot 2nd OS?: This is more or less a project, seeing if I CAN do this successfully without messing up my Windows OS. I have 2 hard drives (both same 2 TB capacity); one is my main Windows 10 OS system, the other was/will-be intended for system-image/macrium-reflect backups in-case my main...
  10. Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System

Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System: Dual-boot system Partition C:\ = Windows 10 Pro Partition E:\ = Windows 7 Pro Would it be possible to switch the OSs? I have applications to clone one partition to another but my concern are the already installed apps being functional. Did a Google search and all I found...