Windows 10: option to only use password for Bitlocker?

Discus and support option to only use password for Bitlocker? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On WIndows 10 Professional, can you use Bitlocker on a PC that has no TPM, and also not use a USB key? That is, can you specify that your drive will be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gary764789, Aug 2, 2015.

1. option to only use password for Bitlocker?

On WIndows 10 Professional, can you use Bitlocker on a PC that has no TPM, and also not use a USB key? That is, can you specify that your drive will be unlocked solely by a password?

:)

Gary764789, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Password PIN not recognized, no option to use my account info

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed to try to resolve the issue.

I would like to inform you that right below password box you will get Sign in Options. By clicking on it you can change it to password and log in.

Refer the link for more information.

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

If sign in option is not available ask op to check in safe mode.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 2, 2015
  3. DKambury Win User
    Password PIN not recognized, no option to use my account info

Hi

a year ago, I set up a PIN as my login. It has worked flawlessly until today. Now it is not recognized. I have no option available for logging in using my Microsoft account...only the PIN..., so at the moment cannot access my computer. I've read all the
    responses I could find, but they all focus on the Microsoft account reset-which I have done. How can I either a) log in with my account, or b) reset my PIN?

Thanks!

DKambury, Aug 2, 2015
  4. ochimo Win User

option to only use password for Bitlocker?

Sadly it defeats the purpose of bit-locker if it only used a password. So no you must use either a TPM or a USB.

ochimo, Aug 2, 2015
  5. The purpose of Bitlocker is to make it difficult for anyone to access your drive contents without your authorization.

How would that purpose be "defeated" by encrypting the drive with a secure password?

Gary764789, Aug 2, 2015
  6. cyberSAR Win User
    Haven't turned it on but the setting in gpedit is there like it was in 8 to allow bitlocker without TPM so it should work.

cyberSAR, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Quisquose Win User
    I've got Bitlocker working without the need for TPM or USB. Worked fine once I set the group policy to allow it. All it insisted on doing was saving my passphrase to an external drive before encrypting, which is fair enough.

HTH

Quisquose, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

option to only use password for Bitlocker?

1. option to only use password for Bitlocker? - Similar Threads - option password Bitlocker

2. No password box, only sign in option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password box, only sign in option: Hi,When i try to click on the sign in option its just doesn't respond and suddenly change my background to windows default background and does not respond while clicking tge sign in option,I cant log in to my laptop.please help me fix this issue...
  3. No password box, only sign in option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password box, only sign in option: Hi,When i try to click on the sign in option its just doesn't respond and suddenly change my background to windows default background and does not respond while clicking tge sign in option,I cant log in to my laptop.please help me fix this issue...
  4. No option to sign in using password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to sign in using password: In settings, under accounts>sign-in options there isn’t an option to sign in using a passwordletters and numbers etc there are only options to use facial,fingerprint,pincurrently using and security keyphysical key. I want to use the password to sign in. I am on windows 11.pls...
  5. No option to sign in using password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to sign in using password: In settings, under accounts>sign-in options there isn’t an option to sign in using a passwordletters and numbers etc there are only options to use facial,fingerprint,pincurrently using and security keyphysical key. I want to use the password to sign in. I am on windows 11.pls...
  6. Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in: Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in. remove option in user settings is grayed out. can not remove pin as a sign in option...
  7. only sing in option no password field..

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    only sing in option no password field..: [IMG] only sing in option available..no password fields.. when I click that button it just relaunch lock screen.. other account are working fine... please help me I have very important data inside my drive.. I tried in-place upgrade too.....
  8. Decrypt drives (Bitlocker) using only USB drive, no typing of password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Decrypt drives (Bitlocker) using only USB drive, no typing of password.: I've read a little about Bitlocker and I don't think it's possible, so as a last resort I'll ask here. What I need is, after encrypting my HDs, that they are decripted if a USB with the key is present, but without having to type a password at any point (what I understood from...
  9. BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password

BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password: A friend using Win 10 Pro emailed me saying "I’ve managed to lock myself out of my data drive having encrypted it with bit locker. Now it does not recognise my password and will not let me type in the Recovery key (cannot get letters to type in)". He has a C drive for OS...
  10. BitLocker Used Disk Space Only Encrypted

BitLocker Used Disk Space Only Encrypted: I have been using my laptop for a while, but no sensitive data stored on it yet and I just enabled Bitlocker with the Used Space option to save time. The files that were deleted are NOT sensitive. A few questions here. 1. When I decide to reinstall Windows 10 again on...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using bitlocker with password only

2. where is the option to reset bitlocker password