Windows 10: Option to stop automatic driver updates is GONE in TH2???

Discus and support Option to stop automatic driver updates is GONE in TH2??? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So on RTM build, you used to have these options: [img] But now, in TH2, you only have this: [img] Is anyone else annoyed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bobjoe, Nov 23, 2015.

1. bobjoe Win User

Option to stop automatic driver updates is GONE in TH2???

So on RTM build, you used to have these options:

Option to stop automatic driver updates is GONE in TH2??? [​IMG]

But now, in TH2, you only have this:

Option to stop automatic driver updates is GONE in TH2??? [​IMG]

Is anyone else annoyed that Microsoft seems to be PURPOSELY REMOVING more and more of users' choice...

Is it going to be like this every single update? If so, I'm done with Windows 10.

:)

bobjoe, Nov 23, 2015
  2. Troy_851 Win User

How to disable/ stop automatic driver updates in Windows 10

Hi Guys

I am constantly using my windows 10 laptop on the road through my phone wifi hotspot and it decided to perform a large update.

3 days into my new monthly plan cycle and all 2Gig of data is now gone.

is there a way to prevent updates without permission so i can regulate it to home broadband or configure so it will only download on set hotspots?

Troy_851, Nov 23, 2015
  3. How to disable/ stop automatic driver updates in Windows 10

Merci,

je viens d'essayer le "Download the 'Show or hide updates' troubleshooter package now." que je ne connaissais pas ... qui semble bloquer la mise jour du driver problematique.

Cordialement,

Stéphane

Thank you,

I just tried the "Download the 'Show or hide updates' troubleshooter package now." I did not know ... that seems to block the update of the problematic driver.

Regards,

Stéphane

StéphaneTHEODORE, Nov 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 23, 2015
  5. bobjoe Win User
    Hi Brink,

I see that you updated your tutorial with the new dialog box in the Control Panel. Are you sure it still stops driver updates? It's not very descriptive.

bobjoe, Nov 23, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    @bobjoe,

Sorry for the late reply Joe. I missed your reply.

Yes, it still performs the same action to disable automatic device driver update. Microsoft only simplified it to yes/no setting now. *Smile

Brink, Nov 27, 2015
  7. bobjoe Win User
    Oh OK, thanks a lot Brink.

bobjoe, Nov 27, 2015
  8. Steve C Win User

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Option to stop automatic driver updates is GONE in TH2??? - Similar Threads - Option stop automatic

2. Optional Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional Driver Updates: Hello! I decided to check for any updates on my computer and I stumbled upon the "optional updates". And I found these: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How do I determine what to install or whether to install them at all? Your insights would be of great help! Thank you so much!...
  3. Driver optional updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Driver optional updates: I just noticed Nvidia driver listed while I have an Intel display adaptor. Anyone try enabling "Do not include drivers with Windows updates" in the group policy editor? Not that I don't trust microsoft but! 169787
  4. sleep option gone after updates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep option gone after updates: the sleep option is gone after we did updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-option-gone-after-updates/7dd518c5-3680-46c6-bb2a-a9c57c07fdf5
  5. Automatic driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automatic driver updates: Windows Update regularly replaces my carefully selected working audio drivers with the buggy default one. Not only is this incredibly annoying, but it's actually dangerous. The bug causes volume to jump to 100 when resuming paused playback, which can cause hearing damage...
  6. Not Able To Get Latest Update (TH2)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not Able To Get Latest Update (TH2): I recently did a reset on my Windows 10 laptop and it reset to version 10240. I am not being prompted to update to the latest version via Windows Update. How do I trigger the update to send TH2? 31054
  7. Win10 TH2 New Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 TH2 New Drivers: There is a slew of new drivers by date 10/29/2015 for new win 10 november 12 update. I have tested most of mine and they appear stable ready for prime time. Check yours. 29662
  8. Missing Power Plan Options On Windows 10 TH2

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Power Plan Options On Windows 10 TH2: Ugraded from windows 10 rtm to windows 10 th2 and lost the option to restore a power plan to its default settings, so when i edit a power plan, i cant reset it to the defaults, is this normal with th2??? The first screenshot is of the option being there, well what its...
  9. Everything busted in TH2 Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything busted in TH2 Update.: The latest TH2 update that came out today broke Everything search. I tried the official and beta versions. 32 and 64 bit versions too. They will no longer index the C: just my D: partion. It would otherwise keep telling me to run the Everything service which I do and C: is...
  10. TH2 settings

in Windows 10 Support
    TH2 settings: I just upgraded to TH2. When I click on All Settings then one of the options, it takes forever to respond. What could be the problem? 34228