Windows 10: optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off

Discus and support optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; the video of me trying it outwhen i try to get windopws insider it doesnt let me bc of the optinal data thing and when i turn it on it just unturns on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KingKamek, Feb 21, 2024.

1. KingKamek Win User

optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off

the video of me trying it outwhen i try to get windopws insider it doesnt let me bc of the optinal data thing and when i turn it on it just unturns on video above is a google drvie link so dont think its sus or sumink i not a scemer

:)

KingKamek, Feb 21, 2024

2. Send optional diagnostic data turning off after reboot

Hello again VIshruth -

I understood the problem and gave you all the fixes available for Diagnostic Data keeps turning off in Windows 10 and 11.

Check to make sure it's enabled using each method given here:

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-diagnostic...

If none of those work I gave you steps to go over Windows 11 to try to find and fix any problems.

Please try each step in each link and report back results. This is an interactive process. I give steps to perform, you do each one and then report back results until something works, so I know what to suggest next. If you need help performing any step, just ask back. But please do not skip any steps. We often find out the skipped step is the fix.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Feb 21, 2024
  3. The "Open Diagnostic Data Viewer" is broken in Windows 10 (64) Version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, a Windows expert here to help resolve your issue & I understand that the Diagnostic Data Viewer is getting closed immediately soon after it opens. I would suggest you follow the below to resolve the issue.

Step 1:

Click on Diagnostics & feedback on the left side, turn off View diagnostic data on the right side

Step 2:

Restart Computer

Step 3:

Click on Diagnostics & feedback on the left side, turn On View diagnostic data on the right side

Step4:

Now try opening the Diagnostic Data Viewer

Regards

Shuaib

Windows Expert User

MohammedShuaib1986, Feb 21, 2024
  4. optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off

1. optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off - Similar Threads - optional diagnostic data

2. optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off: the video of me trying it outwhen i try to get windopws insider it doesnt let me bc of the optinal data thing and when i turn it on it just unturns on video above is a google drvie link so dont think its sus or sumink i not a scemer...
  3. Windows 11 Optional Diagnostic Data cannot be turned on.

Windows 11 Optional Diagnostic Data cannot be turned on.: I turn on optional diagnostic data but after leaving the tab it automatically turn off. @DaveM121 i hope you will help lol :DStep by step what is happening:1 23.4....
  4. Why is Optional diagnostic data keep being turn off automictically? I clicked turned on,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Optional diagnostic data keep being turn off automictically? I clicked turned on,...: Why does Optional diagnostic data keep being turn off automictically? I clicked turned on, then close the settings app, then clicked back on, and its off....
  5. Why is Optional diagnostic data keep being turn off automictically? I clicked turned on,...

Why is Optional diagnostic data keep being turn off automictically? I clicked turned on,...: Why does Optional diagnostic data keep being turn off automictically? I clicked turned on, then close the settings app, then clicked back on, and its off....
  6. Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.: Is there a way to fix this. When I checked my windows insiders ring, it said that the diagnostic data collection was turned off. When I try to turn it back on, save it & exit from the settings & then I check again, it the turns itself back off. I turned it back on, the same...
  7. Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.

Insiders diagnostic data turns off by default.: Is there a way to fix this. When I checked my windows insiders ring, it said that the diagnostic data collection was turned off. When I try to turn it back on, save it & exit from the settings & then I check again, it the turns itself back off. I turned it back on, the same...
  8. Send optional diagnostic data turning off after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Send optional diagnostic data turning off after reboot: I thought to re-enroll into beta program I turned on the optional diagnostic dataAfter signing my account into windows insider program then rebooted it After rebooting it shows it is disabled Tried many times but the issue is occuring...
  9. Send optional diagnostic data turning off after reboot

Send optional diagnostic data turning off after reboot: I thought to re-enroll into beta program I turned on the optional diagnostic dataAfter signing my account into windows insider program then rebooted it After rebooting it shows it is disabled Tried many times but the issue is occuring...
  10. I can't turn on optional diagnostic data in settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't turn on optional diagnostic data in settings: when I go to settings>privacy>diagnostics and feedback and turn on optional diagnostic data it doesn't saves https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-optional-diagnostic-data-in/2c9a7713-e1f7-4697-8ea4-98aa2151df0f