Windows 10: Optional feature Errors

Discus and support Optional feature Errors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I wonder if anyone can help with the issue i am having regarding the installation of optional features. I recently purchased a Dell all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snod, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Snod Win User

Optional feature Errors

Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone can help with the issue i am having regarding the installation of optional features.

I recently purchased a Dell all in one PC with windows 10 installed, the issue i am having is it seems to try and update 3 optional features being English (GB) Handwriting , typing and optional character recognition.

The updates are automatic every half or so with a notification then they fail with an error message. This procedure is constantly repeated while the PC is on and so far i haven't found a way to stop it.

The error code attached to the failed installations is : 0x800f0900

So far i have tried SFC scan , windows uodate , uncheck metered connection plus the windows trouble shooter and none have worked,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys

:)

2. optional feature in windows 10

The latest windows 10 update ( 23 August ) solved my problem.

Rohankarim, Aug 31, 2017
  3. optional feature in windows 10

Then I don't think there is a way out. If it would be, then I would tell you.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 31, 2017
  4. Optional feature Errors

Hi Snod. Welcome to the TenForums @Snod

If I understand this correctly you don't want these and you are not trying to install, correct?

If these are coming as as Updates this procedure may work for you.

Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 31, 2017
  5. Snod Win User
    Hi Ken,

Thank you for the reply. I tried the links you provided but i couldn't see the updates i need to disable when i got to that section.

But yes you are right i don't ask for these updates and i just keep getting the update message. They start too download and reach so far and then comes the error message something went wrong. Really is annoying while using the PC.

6. I guess they are not considered as true "Updates".

If you go into settings, privacy, Speech inking and typing..... Is yours turned on or turned off.

If it is off it will offer to turn on.

I remember way back, and still maybe applicable today, that to use Cortana everything in terms of language, Region, keyboard and location had to align. I'm not sure there is such a thing as a UK keyboard but all all your "language related" settings aligned to Great Britain?

One other thing that might fix things is an in place repair / upgrade. I would back up all my data even though it says you don't have to.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Caledon Ken, Sep 1, 2017
  7. Snod Win User
    All the languages and regions are in sync. Re-installed windows with any repairs and the first thing i got was the same error message.
    Optional feature Errors [​IMG]

Im am well and truly stuck with something im not even asking for.

Snod, Sep 3, 2017
  8. Optional feature Errors

So when you went to settings, privacy, speech inking and typing is yours on or off.

If you follow this tutorial do these Optional Features show installed or not. If install what about uninstall.

Manage Optional Features in Windows 10

I would have a restore point make and I would even consider making an Image with a tool like Macrium Reflect just in case.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 3, 2017
  9. Snod Win User
    Hi ken,

Thanks for you're input.

I found another Windows 10 repair and install download and at the moment this seems to have done the trick.

I will let you know if i have any more trouble.

Once again thank you.

Snod, Sep 4, 2017
  10. Excellent. Strange the first one did not fix. That's what keeps the forum going.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Optional feature Errors

1. Optional feature Errors - Similar Threads - Optional feature Errors

2. Optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional features: I cant download 'Windows media pack' or 'Media feature pack' through optional features. When i try to go to 'Add a feature' and find these two features and click install they are bugged like this: https://prnt.sc/26ednvd , and wont install from this point....
  3. Optional features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optional features: I cant download 'Windows media pack' or 'Media feature pack' through optional features. When i try to go to 'Add a feature' and find these two features and click install they are bugged like this: https://prnt.sc/26ednvd , and wont install from this point....
  4. Optional features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional features: Following an update which created too many issues including failure of a set point reset, I was forced to recover Windows, leaving the files but erasing or deleting all programs, and leaving a mess, including dead start all program icons and missing apps or features. I am...
  5. Optional features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional features: My Windows 10 OS is 10.0.19041.329. I noticed when I want to bring up "OptionalFeatures" the opened window stays blank not getting populated with either enabled or disabled windows features. I am interested at least to see there Microsoft.NET 3 or 4.5 features. I tried to...
  6. Optional Features

Optional Features: I am on a Windows 10 version 2004 PC and I have no optional features listed. I can't see any optional feature history or install any new features. In version 1909 I had a list of features and I could easily install features. What is going on?[ATTACH]...
  7. Optional Features

Optional Features: Windows is persistently trying to add a new feature it is the language English GB , an then reporting that something happened and it could not add the feature. I would like to cancel the request to add the feature, but it wont let me cancel it. Please help me to stop this...
  8. Optional features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optional features: Hello , We are facing issue with the optional features . All are downloading automatically and failing. Daily we are getting popup twice or thrice a day related to optional features. Can you help out me...
  9. Optional features

Optional features: So, I have given up on speech recognition and want to stop having Windows attempt to install every few minutes. The speech recognition (British English) option isn't on either of the options lists any more. Probably in between because it is still trying to install. How do I...
  10. optional features

in Windows 10 Support
    optional features: Installing optional features failed, why? Optinal features for english language are installed. Extra language package are downloaded and installed. 58840