Windows 10: Optional features in Windows 10 cannot install

Discus and support Optional features in Windows 10 cannot install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having trouble installing optional features from Settings -> System -> Apps & Features -> Manage Optional Features? If I select any feature to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LourensE, Aug 23, 2015.

1. LourensE Win User

Optional features in Windows 10 cannot install

I am having trouble installing optional features from Settings -> System -> Apps & Features -> Manage Optional Features? If I select any feature to install whether it is .NET Framework 3.5 or a language pack, all that happens is the view refreshes and the feature isn't installed. Additionally, I constantly get notifications throughout the day that "Windows is adding features" and then immediately a notification that "Something happened and we couldn't install features". These notifications emanate from the language pack trying to install additional features namely Basic Typing, Handwriting and Speech. The language is the default English US. I tried changing it, to no avail, the problem persists.

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10, and then did a clean install of Windows 10. I'm on a cellular connection, and the option to mark the connection as non-metered is grey'd out, so I cannot change it - but my Windows Update seem to be working just fine.

Is this happening for others as well? Does anyone have a solution?

:)

LourensE, Aug 23, 2015
  2. MaximTV Win User

No Features to Install Under Optional Features?

Same issue here. I'm trying to install Windows Media Player but the optional features page doesn't list anything available to install.

MaximTV, Aug 23, 2015
  3. MarcEsher Win User
    No Features to Install Under Optional Features?

fwiw, I just restarted and it showed up and installed. Not sure if it was related to the reboot or just time taking care of it (maybe the service was temporarily unavailable?)

MarcEsher, Aug 23, 2015
  4. name444 Win User

please help have the same issue

name444, Oct 25, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Could you connect to another non-metered connection? Then let Windows Update finish. You cannot change features when updates still pending. You have to restart the computer to confirm that all updates have finished before trying additional features again.

spapakons, Oct 26, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
Thema:

1. Optional features in Windows 10 cannot install - Similar Threads - Optional features cannot

2. Optional feature not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional feature not installing: My PC is having issue installing an optional feature, more specifically Japanese Supplemental Fonts. My device is an Intel NUC and before I formatted this PC, it did not have any problem installing any optional feature. Post-reset, however, the progress bar would not move...
  3. Optional feature not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional feature not installing: My PC is having issue installing an optional feature, more specifically Japanese Supplemental Fonts. My device is an Intel NUC and before I formatted this PC, it did not have any problem installing any optional feature. Post-reset, however, the progress bar would not move...
  4. Windows optional features not installing any of the features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows optional features not installing any of the features: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with windows 10 pro version installed. Windows version -1903OS build- 18362.356It is not downloading any optional features.Metered connection is turned off. Still it is not downloading. I tried editing the msconfig settings . But nothing...
  5. Windows optional features not installing any of the features

Windows optional features not installing any of the features: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with windows 10 pro version installed. Windows version -1903OS build- 18362.356It is not downloading any optional features.Metered connection is turned off. Still it is not downloading. I tried editing the msconfig settings . But nothing...
  6. Windows optional features not installing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows optional features not installing: So... here I am searching endlessly for the connect app, so I can miracast my phone screen to my laptop. Turns out, I have to install it myself. So I tried to do that. But it just gets stuck at filling the progress bar just a little bit, and after a few minutes, giving up and...
  7. Windows 10 Optional Features Install Failed

Windows 10 Optional Features Install Failed: I uninstalled MS Paint because it was not opening. Then I tried to reinstall it but it shows: Install Failed Error code: 0x80070002 Everytime it shows this error....
  8. Optional Features not installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional Features not installing: I'm running Windows 10 Pro N 1909 and try to install the media feature pack and media player through the optional features but it still doesn't install. Same through powershell. I've turned off metered connection. Its needed for MFS2020 as it throws up a winmovie_z error...
  9. Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Optional Feature installation Failed: Hi , i am using windows 10 ( update 1803) . i am getting installation failure message 'Something happened and we couldnt install a feature' message continuously for last couple of months.. on checking the history i could see it was trying to install some feature for...
  10. Windows 10 optional features not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 optional features not installing: Updates install just fine but optional features like fonts etc. don't. [img] My OS is in Finnis, but it says: Language settings, download failed, more information. 16152

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manage optional features cannot install

2. optional features

3. manage option features systemsettingsadminflows

4. windows 10 optional features not installing,
  5. windows 10 optional features will not install,
  6. windows optional features not installing,
  7. optional features in windows do not install ,
  8. additional features windows media player installation fails,
  9. windows optional features doesnt work,
  10. not able to install optional features win 10,
  11. optional feature not installing windows 10,