Windows 10: optional features

Discus and support optional features in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installing optional features failed, why? Optinal features for english language are installed. Extra language package are downloaded and installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donli, Aug 4, 2016.

1. donli Win User

optional features

Installing optional features failed, why?

Optinal features for english language are installed.
    Extra language package are downloaded and installed.

:)

donli, Aug 4, 2016
  2. MaximTV Win User

No Features to Install Under Optional Features?

Same issue here. I'm trying to install Windows Media Player but the optional features page doesn't list anything available to install.

MaximTV, Aug 4, 2016
  3. MarcEsher Win User
    No Features to Install Under Optional Features?

fwiw, I just restarted and it showed up and installed. Not sure if it was related to the reboot or just time taking care of it (maybe the service was temporarily unavailable?)

MarcEsher, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

optional features

1. optional features - Similar Threads - optional features

2. Windows 10 20H1: Paint and WordPad turned into optional features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H1: Paint and WordPad turned into optional features: Windows 10 20H1, the first feature update version of 2020 for Windows 10 and the first major update for Windows 10 after Windows 10 version 1903, will introduce quite a number of changes to the operating system. Microsoft continues to push new builds to the Insider Channel...
  3. Microsoft adds Paint placeholder to Windows 10 Optional Features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft adds Paint placeholder to Windows 10 Optional Features: Microsoft Paint shows up as an optional feature in Windows Insider builds, suggesting that it will be uninstallable at some point, though we don’t have a confirmation from the Redmond firm yet. Microsoft Paint will continue to remain a part of Windows 10, but it’s possible...
  4. Windows 10 20H1 to improve Optional Features settings page

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H1 to improve Optional Features settings page: Microsoft’s next big update Windows 10 20H1 is expected to come with minor improvements for the Optional Features setting page. Windows 10’s Settings app comes with an Optional Features page which allows users to manage, install, and uninstall optional features such as...
  5. When are is option coming back to Choose when Feature updates are installed for Win10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When are is option coming back to Choose when Feature updates are installed for Win10 Pro?: I see it was removed on 1903, but on the inside builds is back again for Win10 Pro Used to have the option hold off Feature updates 0-365 days Thanks Gary...
  6. Solution to optional features shows "No features to install"

Solution to optional features shows "No features to install": I was seeing this message when attempting to install a new optional feature under Windows 10 (Settings --> Apps --> Apps & Features --> Optional features --> Add a feature). A web search led me to several other questions on this forum posted by users seeing the same...
  7. No XPS Viewer Features to Install Under Optional Features

in Windows 10 Customization
    No XPS Viewer Features to Install Under Optional Features: i try to install XPS Viewer under optional feature but not found anything like photo, anyone please advise [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-xps-viewer-features-to-install-under-optional/aa4fc39f-8b60-4cb0-9fb8-80003dc93ee1
  8. Feature Update 1903: "Download and install now" option question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature Update 1903: "Download and install now" option question: Hello: I'm currently on: Windows 10 Version 1809. Build 17763.529 Clicked on Windows Update in Settings yesterday. Saw Feature Update Version 1903. Option to "Download and install now" I see there are many issues outstanding in 1903 and that Microsoft is working on them. I...
  9. Uninstalling Optional features

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling Optional features: Hi. I want to uninstall Optional features, now that we can in W10 1903. But I dont want to "lose" Internet Explorer or Windows media player. I dont use this programs but IE is the only other browser that I have other than Firefox and Windows media player is the only other...
  10. Optional feature installation issue: can't Add any feature

Optional feature installation issue: can't Add any feature: Hi, community! I'm trying basically to Add Windows Media Player, When I'm trying to add it and when I do preform "install" - I click "back" and the progression is all gray, no progress. It's taking some time and the installation is finished (without any progression mark on...