Windows 10: Options On Reset Option

Discus and support Options On Reset Option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I go to System/Recovery/Reset and I'm given the 2 options of leaving personal files intact versus the entire reset, does the FULL reset ALSO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gplea, May 18, 2016.

1. gplea Win User

Options On Reset Option

When I go to System/Recovery/Reset and I'm given the 2 options of leaving personal files intact versus the entire reset, does the FULL reset ALSO delete my extra partitions so I'm left with only a C:\ drive?

:)

gplea, May 18, 2016
  2. hpholm Win User

Reset protection option

I reckon most users expect to prevent the phone from being reused by somebody who steals it when reset protection is turned on. The

protect my phone page
    use the phrase 'can't be easily reset or reused', but most seem to miss the easily ...

So if the phone is born without reset protection and the reset protection software is installed in a custom ROM, all the next user has to do is recover the phone with the officially available Device Recovery Tool and the official firmware for the phone.

It's a lot of work to enable something that can be disabled in 10 minutes, right?

If reset protection were a hardware feature, backed by software and the cloud, as I was led to believe a couple of years ago, then it might actually work as expected.

cheers,

Hans

hpholm, May 18, 2016
  3. Reset protection option

Hey there,
    DilanChd

If this is an official tool from Microsoft, then why not link it to the official pages at Microsoft?

Why are you relaying on third party sites to get "official" tools?

When looking around for this tool on the catalog.update.microsoft.com I am not finding anything.

Please explain?

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), May 18, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Options On Reset Option

Hello gplea, *Smile

A reset will only affect the partition that Windows 10 is installed on if you select "only the drive where Windows is installed" during the reset at step 6 in the tutorial below.

Reset Windows 10

Brink, May 18, 2016
Thema:

Options On Reset Option

1. Options On Reset Option - Similar Threads - Options Reset Option

2. No reset options working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No reset options working: With some recent unknown events, almost everything on my Acer laptop has been malfunctioning.From WhatsApp not being found despite installed, to everything from task manager and steam completely not responding to anything.I've already exhausted almost every factory reset...
  3. No reset options working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No reset options working: With some recent unknown events, almost everything on my Acer laptop has been malfunctioning.From WhatsApp not being found despite installed, to everything from task manager and steam completely not responding to anything.I've already exhausted almost every factory reset...
  4. No reset options working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Power Options Keep Resetting

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options Keep Resetting: I feel like after a recent update, that either my power options keep resetting themselves or they reset themselves after each update since then. One of the things I do on my computer, is use it as a media player. I use foobar2000. The audio plays out to an audio receiver,...
  6. No "Reset This PC" option

No "Reset This PC" option: Reset this PC option missing after replacing hard disk with a Samsung SSD and using Samsung Data Migration software to clone the existing drive. Analysis: using Control Panel -> Computer Management -> Disk Management On original hard disk the WinRE recovery partition was...
  7. Reseting option

Reseting option: My laptop suddenly crashed and windows 10 don’t open so it ried to reset without losing my files and this option doesn’t work what should i do now to reset without losing my files...
  8. calander and reset option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    calander and reset option: If I do a reset on my computer and it re-installs windows 10, will I lose my calendar? If so, can I save the calendar contents on a flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calander-and-reset-option/a5ff5ef1-2f52-4322-b7e6-25449ee3f8d4
  9. No reset option in troublesoot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No reset option in troublesoot.: Hello all, I am stuck in a repair boot loop and when going into the advanced menu there is no reset pc option in troubleshoot. I have tried to re-install windows 10 using an external USB but i cannot choose my m.2 because it is in raid. I also can not restore from a previous...
  10. Msconfig Options Reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Msconfig Options Reset: When using msconfig, I am no longer getting the dialog box offering the options of 'Restart' or 'Exit without Restart'. How do I reinstate this? 67313