Windows 10: Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch

Discus and support Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I run the installer and it appears to work but then I have two issues; 1. I get the following error when I try and launch virtualbox; Failed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelDoran1, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch

I run the installer and it appears to work but then I have two issues;

1. I get the following error when I try and launch virtualbox;

Failed to acquire the virtual box COM object

Completely failed to instantiate CLSID_VirtualBox: ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND 0x80070002.

Result Code:

ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND 0x80070002 (0x80070002)

Component:

VirtualBoxClientWrap

Interface:

IVirtualBoxClient {d2937a8e-cb8d-4382-90ba-b7da78a74573}

2. If I try and run vboxsvc.exe, even when double clicking on it Windows says it cannot find the file specified even though i'm double clicking on it or running it through a cmd window.

:)

MichaelDoran1, Jul 12, 2018

2. Oracle VirtualBox not compatible with Windows 10

A several months ago I upgraded to Windows 10. I had been using an old MS DOS database via Oracle VirtualBox in Windows 8.1 so I installed it on the new system and it worked OK and I used it in Windows 10 for several weeks. But, all of a sudden it won't
    open! Double click icon on task bar.... nothing, double click icon on desk top...nothing! I tried re-installing it....still nothing! I ran Windows troubleshooter and it says the program is incompatible! It worked at one time!!! Any ideas how to make
    it work???

Oracle VirtualBox compatability- Original Title

Jeff Chrisman, Jul 12, 2018
  3. NotMS Win User
    Unable To Start any Oracle VM Virtualbox Virtual Machine after 1803 Update

Do you have the latest updates for VirtualBox?

You should be checking with Oracle why VirtualBox is having difficulties with 1803.

NotMS, Jul 12, 2018
  4. ras.asrat Win User

Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch

Windows 10 v 1703, Oracle VM VirtualBox

Hello community, upgraded to 1703 2 days ago. Most apps are working fine. Except Oracle VM VirtualBox v 5.1.8 stopped working on both computers I upgraded. Luckily there's a new version out ( VBox 5.1.22), installed it & works fine. Just wanted to give
    you a heads up if you run into the same problem.

ras.asrat, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch

1. Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch - Similar Threads - Oracle Virtualbox install

2. MSVC140dll missing after latest Windows Update VirtualBox Oracle not launching f.ex.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSVC140dll missing after latest Windows Update VirtualBox Oracle not launching f.ex.: I think last Tuesday 14.03.2023 was the last major update of Microsoft Windows, and since then I can't launch VirtualBox. A reinstallation of the program didn't work, since the msvc140dll seems missing. Probably this should be fixed or so. I tried to install the Visual Studio...
  3. MSVC140dll missing after latest Windows Update VirtualBox Oracle not launching f.ex.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSVC140dll missing after latest Windows Update VirtualBox Oracle not launching f.ex.: I think last Tuesday 14.03.2023 was the last major update of Microsoft Windows, and since then I can't launch VirtualBox. A reinstallation of the program didn't work, since the msvc140dll seems missing. Probably this should be fixed or so. I tried to install the Visual Studio...
  4. MSVC140dll missing after latest Windows Update VirtualBox Oracle not launching f.ex.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to install Fedora on Oracle VM VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Fedora on Oracle VM VirtualBox: [ATTACH]Fedora is a Linux Operating System that is very useful for software developers, cloud engineers, and tech enthusiasts in general. Even though you can install Fedora alongside your current operating system, it makes more sense to create a virtual machine and install...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade to 11 fails stating "uninstall Oracle VirtualBox" but it's not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Upgrade to 11 fails stating "uninstall Oracle VirtualBox" but it's not...: Hi, today I'm trying the upgrade. I've tried before when it told me that it's incompatible with Oracle VirtualBox. Surprisingly to me it was about Hyper-V installed on my machine. However, I've uninstalled Hyper-V today, rebooted, tried again the upgrade to Windows 11....
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade to 11 fails stating "uninstall Oracle VirtualBox" but it's not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Upgrade to 11 fails stating "uninstall Oracle VirtualBox" but it's not...: Hi, today I'm trying the upgrade. I've tried before when it told me that it's incompatible with Oracle VirtualBox. Surprisingly to me it was about Hyper-V installed on my machine. However, I've uninstalled Hyper-V today, rebooted, tried again the upgrade to Windows 11....
  8. How to Install Windows 11 on Oracle VM VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    How to Install Windows 11 on Oracle VM VirtualBox: [ATTACH]Windows 11 is one of the hottest topics in the world of computers, and many are willing to test this much-awaited Operating System. The best way to test it is on a Virtual Machine. Hence, we brought to you this guide to install Windows 11 on Oracle VM VirtualBox. Can...
  9. Oracle Virtualbox not compatible with windows 10

Oracle Virtualbox not compatible with windows 10: I have wanted to update my windows 10 version 1909 to windows 10 version 20h2 but i kept getting error that says VirtualBox Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10, But i dont even have the app [ATTACH]...
  10. BSOD when installing Oracle VirtualBox

BSOD when installing Oracle VirtualBox: I'm currently trying to install VirtualBox 6.0.6 on my Windows 10 laptop, but halfway through the installation (I assume when it is trying to install the USB driver for it), I get a BSOD with the stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. I have updated my drivers, made sure I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oracle virtual box unable to instantiate

2. virtualbox failed to launch

3. oracle vm fails to launch windows 10

4. oracle vm failed to launch,
  5. unable to launch Oracle virtual box after installation