Windows 10: Orange and Pink Screen of Death after Hibernate

Discus and support Orange and Pink Screen of Death after Hibernate in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. My new (refurbished) laptop (HP Zbook15 generation 3) has had several orange (and less often pink) screen of death errors. This occurs when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by D-May, Jul 21, 2018.

1. D-May Win User

Orange and Pink Screen of Death after Hibernate

Hello. My new (refurbished) laptop (HP Zbook15 generation 3) has had several orange (and less often pink) screen of death errors. This occurs when waking the computer up after hibernating it. It has happened since I got it (before adding any software of my own).

For example: when I leave work for home, I unplug the power (and all other connections), wait a bit (for windows to detect on battery now), then hit the sleep button (<fn><F1> on the keyboard) to hibernate the laptop (I have the "Sleep button action" set to hibernate, not sleep). I then pack up, and go home. At home, I plug in to power (I've also tried not plugging in at first, but same problem) and hit the power button. About, say, 15-20% of the time I will get a orange or pink screen of death, with a stop code of PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

Same thing going home to work (or, today, going home -> hair salon gave error, then again going from hair salon ->home).

I am not overclocked. I've checked that the video drivers are up to date (a common fix I've seen on orange screen of death).

The following link has the 2 .dmp files (zipped up) from Friday, as well as the system info from MSinfo32:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah-LgGdoe8j9b5yi05aguwxBTXI

Help!

:)

D-May, Jul 21, 2018
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Orange screen of death

I suppose everyone knows what the 'orange screen of death' is, so no need to explain.

Do you still have the 'orange screen of death' problem when you use a different monitor?

BulldogXX, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Almighty1 Win User
    Orange Screen of Death

Google

Almighty1, Jul 21, 2018
  4. bro67 Win User

Orange Screen of Death

Does not do anything, because that screen is one that Microsoft has never disclosed as to why it is related to the GPU and Display driver.

It has been used since XP SP3 came out. Basically it is an Easter egg.

bro67, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Orange and Pink Screen of Death after Hibernate - Similar Threads - Orange Pink Screen

2. Orange Screen of Death Cause?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Orange Screen of Death Cause?: I recently got an Orange Screen of Death while playing a game and I'd like to try and figure out the cause, if anyone could help me with that. In Event Viewer, I got tis error message corresponding to the crash: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  3. Orange Screen of Death Cause?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Orange Screen of Death Cause?: I recently got an Orange Screen of Death while playing a game and I'd like to try and figure out the cause, if anyone could help me with that. In Event Viewer, I got tis error message corresponding to the crash: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  4. Orange Screen of Death Cause?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Orange screen of death?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Orange screen of death?: So after the 21H1 update i got an orange-screen on critical_process_died. I know what does that error code does mean , but i searched up on google "Why did i get a orange screen of death and it sead you get it when your GPU is Overloading....
  6. Orange Screen of Death?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Orange Screen of Death?: I recently had a blue screen of death earlier and now a "orange" screen of death, is it caused by a virus? GPU drivers? I don't know--if anyone can help that would be great. Thanks, Albatross :) submitted by /u/Few-Albatross-9439 [link] [comments]...
  7. Orange screen of death

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Orange screen of death: Hi, this happened today while i was playing a game (Battlefield 4) . The stop code is dxgmms2.sys ON NOT HANDLED. When i google it, it seems to be a graphic drivers issue. I am with integrated graphics adapter Intel HD 5500 and have the latest drivers downloaded from intel...
  8. after an update my screen is green and orange pink

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after an update my screen is green and orange pink: I have windows 10 and my icons and games, photos all are tinted. How do I correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-an-update-my-screen-is-green-and-orange-pink/277f0160-b76b-4959-89e6-a2c6cbfa115c
  9. Orange screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Orange screen of death: I just got the orange screen of death at startup this week. When I tried just entering my password, the screen went black and then back to the orange screen with white stripes. Are there other suggestions for getting past this?...
  10. Orange Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    Orange Screen of Death: Can someone tell me what the difference is between a BSOD and an orange SOD? I tried to find an answer on the internet, and if I had a BMW or a Mac or an iPhone I'd have found it, but since I have Windows 10, I can't find an answer. 29531