Windows 10: organize and BU files problems

Discus and support organize and BU files problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have approximately 75 .mp4 files in three different locations on my PC. I have tried to put these in an ascending numerical order in a folder to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mwparkman, Dec 18, 2016.

1. mwparkman Win User

organize and BU files problems

I have approximately 75 .mp4 files in three different locations on my PC. I have tried to put these in an ascending numerical order in a folder to backup and to move to another drive. Windows 10 will not tolerate this. I do not understand why something so simple can not be accomplished in a very short time esp. when there is no money involved. Help would be appreciated.

:)

mwparkman, Dec 18, 2016

2. "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

Thank you for the link. I was able to set my Diagnostics Data to Full by using gpedit.msc. But I still am not able to get rid of "Some settings are hidden or managed bu your organization."

Any advise?

SherryMalik, Dec 18, 2016
  3. ¡Firedog Win User
    'Click on transit' - translation needed

Aah. Comprehension begins to dawn ... Stop here is not a
    verb, but a noun as in
    bus stop
    or organ stop. So all that remains is to work out what a
    transit stop
    is. Your welcome example seems to indicate that it might be synonymous with
    bus stop - so in what way is it different from a bus stop? And why - more importantly - have the Maps devs decided to use an obscure term (possibly current among inhabitants of the northern suburbs of Chicago) rather than one which most English-speaking
    people would recognize?

I'll mark your post as having come close to solving my problem, thank you.

¡Firedog, Dec 18, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

You will have to tell us what "Tolerate"Means, is there an error message, Are one of the drives formatted FAT32? If so, you cannot move or copy folders or files larger then 4GB.
    Tell us exactly what you are doing and how you are moving the backup file.

spunk, Dec 18, 2016
  5. mwparkman Win User
    The .mp4 video files are in numerical order. If you move those files they should line up in an ascending order as 1,2,3 and so forth. The BU Drive is formatted in NTFS. What I mean by tolerate is - I can get appox, 1/4 of the video files moved to that drive and everything is fine but when I move more something happens that causes the numbering to get off. After the files get mix up I can not get them back in order. An error message huh? Most people would google such a problem and not bother you. Drag and drop also "Ctrl + c then Ctrl + v

mwparkman, Dec 18, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    The issue is the numbering/naming of files, get sorted in the manner of a few special characters such as the tilde ~ first followed by numbers and lastly letters. The number sorting doesn't really work as some would like unless they are 4 digits but even that can be thrown off or in other words 01 may come before 1, 0100 before 100, etc. Backup programs generally use the long-used naming scheme, had to learn about that with my first computer in '92 and some correspondence courses with my work before that.

Berton, Dec 18, 2016
  7. mwparkman Win User
    Hi Berton, so all these files are named and numbered Freshman 101-1, Freshman 102-1 ... Sophomore 207-2 ... etc. So I need to rename say the First file ~101-1 Fresh. or something else. Thanks

mwparkman, Dec 18, 2016
  8. Wullail Win User

Depends what order you want them in , did you check the sorting view was in the same filter order in the destination folder as the source? , windows can set default sorting options per folder/drive.

Wullail, Dec 18, 2016
  9. mwparkman Win User
    Thanks to all, I finally got the files in order and transferred. I did reverse the names and numbers and also made sure the sorting view was the same in the destination folder. Again thanks

mwparkman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. organize and BU files problems - Similar Threads - organize files problems

2. Organization Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organization Problem: Hello, I have a Windows 11 PC, This PC just have 1 account but today I wanted to enable the Virus and threat protection, When i wanted to enable that, It wouldn't let me do that because it said "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". I'm the...
  3. Organization Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Organization Problem: Hello, I have a Windows 11 PC, This PC just have 1 account but today I wanted to enable the Virus and threat protection, When i wanted to enable that, It wouldn't let me do that because it said "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". I'm the...
  4. help organizing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help organizing files: Hello,can any one give suggestion on how to search files froma excel spredsheet? for example if i have a list of mp3 files by name of artist and song name. how can i serach with this list and find these files, without going one by one? this is on a macbook air...
  5. File Organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Organization: I need my files to be in A-Z format, not this 'last week', 'earlier this month' thing. How do I get rid of this?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-organization/c8d8a9c0-4dee-4c56-8002-4b2b9fc2f4c1
  6. This is Bu****it

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is Bu****it: Update after update Microsoft have just been destroying windows when everything was just fine when it started. First of all, anything that has to do with anything with Xbox games, chat, parties, etc use to work flawlessly. Then they decided to start messing with it and...
  7. Restored from BU

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restored from BU: I was told anybody can backup the question is can you restore. I just installed a hard drive inside my notebook and formatted it using Acronis Disk Director. Then I booted using a rescue flash drive created with Macrium Reflect. I then restored my system from the backup. I...
  8. file organization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file organization: HELP! I am having the hardest time with my files, some things save to my onedrive which I hate because when files do save there, when I go to retrieve them later I cant find them on my pc at all. I just want all my stuff to save directly to my pc or my google account. Is this...
  9. Organizing files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Organizing files: I've done something to reverse the normal order of files. Instead of being in the usual A to Z sequence, they are backwards -- Z to A. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/organizing-files/6d58bcfc-1a2b-4d96-bd88-a8d8c279ca7b"
  10. Problems organizing photos.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems organizing photos.: A bit of background first, I'm 84 yrs old, and to be honest, I am getting more stupid every day. An aside, getting older does make working with your mind harder, okay at least I find that to be true!~ I have "Photos" in Pictures, Documents, Canon picture, Photo Room, some in...