Windows 10: Original Factory Recovery

Discus and support Original Factory Recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Compaq Presario CQ61 laptop that I did a clean install of Windows 10 TR 9926. Is there anyway to get back to Drive D: which has the original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shipinomore10, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Original Factory Recovery

I have a Compaq Presario CQ61 laptop that I did a clean install of Windows 10 TR 9926.
    Is there anyway to get back to Drive D: which has the original factory programs etc. on it and re install it and take off
    windows 10.
    Larry

:)

shipinomore10, Mar 7, 2015

2. Reseting my toshiba laptop windows 10

What you likely have on your recovery drive is a copy of Windows 10.

The recovery drive is unlikely to restore it back to its originally factory state with the original programs.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 7, 2015
  3. mjhuurre Win User
    Windows 10 Defender not allowing 3rd party installs? (in Notepad++, VLC, LightZone detecting suspected malware UACTrigger.A, Zompaque.A, PoenonFOP1)

To clarify, these Factory recovery disks were the ones I was suggested to make after the laptop's first boot (after purchase, no original Windows installation disk was included).

mjhuurre, Mar 7, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Original Factory Recovery

shipinomore10, try the steps in this vid

[youtube]MJ5o6f_z2L0[/youtube]

Dude, Mar 8, 2015
  5. Hi Dude I saw the video and that does not work anymore. When I was able to envoke it I got the system refresh type of fix. It seems that the clean install changes how F11 functions. I thought there was some saving of windows.old but perhaps that does not take place in a clean install.
    Thank You
    Larry

shipinomore10, Mar 8, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Can you post a screenshot of disc management.

Dude, Mar 9, 2015
  7. I don't know how to do that but does show Recovery (D*Smile
    13.11 GB Ntfs
    Healthy (primary)
    I tried to create a usb and copy out this drive for Recovery but failed and said files were missing.

shipinomore10, Mar 9, 2015
  8. Dude Win User

Dude, Mar 9, 2015
  9. Dude here is the attachment of the Disk Management system

10. badrobot Win User
    Are you trying to go back to the original OS? WIn 7? or 8?

badrobot, Mar 9, 2015
  11. I am trying to go back to Windows 7 Home Premium. It's an old laptop we used for traveling so nothing lost.
    I thought I would do a clean install of windows 10 tp and it was 9926
    I then thought that perhaps when the free version is offered of 10 that I should have 7 installed so that whatever they
    check to verify the offer of FREE that there would be no problems.
    then I find that f11 did not work. I also tried to follow Brinks instructions in copying the recovery partition and got msg. that some file or files were missing then asking for the media which I lost some time ago and never replaced.
    Larry

12. badrobot Win User
    This may help you but you have to get your product key ready : Softwaredownload

Good luck!

Edit: Not sure if this applies to OEM though.

badrobot, Mar 9, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

Sorry to butt in here, but this may be of interest and worthy of further research:

Original Factory Recovery [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 9, 2015
  14. badrobot Win User
    How about the product key Edwin?

badrobot, Mar 9, 2015
  15. badrobot. I do have the key put have go back to Compaq for help.
    I see the note from Ault? that there intention is to be able to go thru all the updates and I would have 10 when done.
    Is he saying to just leave 9926 on the laptop and continue with the releases.
    I guess I will mark it solved for now.
    Larry

Thema:

1. Original Factory Recovery - Similar Threads - Original Factory Recovery

2. Windows 10 original boot logo recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 original boot logo recovery: Hey, I am using windows 10 latest version. When I start my computer GIGABYTE logo appears and then circle moves beyond it. I don't know how did this happened but I want to change this to original windows 10 boot logo, I am using GIGABYTE motherboard...
  3. how to factory wipe back to original settings without recovery software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to factory wipe back to original settings without recovery software: how to factory wipe back to original settings without recovery disk or usb drive my system fails every time i try that process as well as the recovery process...
  4. how to factory wipe back to original settings without recovery software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to factory wipe back to original settings without recovery software: how to factory wipe back to original settings without recovery disk or usb drive my system fails every time i try that process as well as the recovery process...
  5. Can't find original bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find original bitlocker recovery key: The screen for my original laptop broke; i decided to get a new laptop. Apparently, when Windows updated to 11, it encrypted the drive. I log into my Microsoft account and go to devices. Both my original and new devices are in the list BUT both show only the new computer's...
  6. Recovery Of Original windows in SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovery Of Original windows in SSD: I want to add 240 GB SSD in my laptop which has a 1TB HDD and Windows 10 Home. After installing my SSD , can I get my original windows back?If yes, then how can i get it backPlease helpThank you....
  7. windows 10 factory recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 factory recovery: I read an excellent tutorial from Kari, "Factory recovery -- Create a Custom Recovery Partition", 106215. Somehow, I cannot repeat the procedure. I am wondering whether anyone has successfully repeat it or has a similar procedure I can try. Thanks in advance. 175067
  8. Original factory BIOS Asus H170 Pro anyone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Original factory BIOS Asus H170 Pro anyone?: I am interested to know if there is anyone that can help me with the original BIOS file (your back-up, not downloaded from the asus site) H170-PRO-ASUS-0903.CAP or above. I really apreciate it. 57733
  9. Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition: How to: Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition [img] Information Most computers today with OEM pre-installed Windows come with a so called Factory recovery partition. This partition allows users to restore Windows 10 to it's original state, as it was when...
  10. Acer Recovery Management - Recovery Windows to Factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer Recovery Management - Recovery Windows to Factory settings: Hello everyone, I would like to ask. How can I restore Windows to Factory reset with all Acer apps and drivers like recovery management, etc. I have Acer Aspire E5 with Windows 10 and I tried (for the first time when I had Recovery Management) complete restore from Acer...