Windows 10: OS battery life hours estimate question

Discus and support OS battery life hours estimate question in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When off commercial power and on battery, is the 'time remaining' based upon the OS' experience with the installed battery/condition or simply based... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by markg2, Sep 4, 2017.

1. markg2 Win User

OS battery life hours estimate question

When off commercial power and on battery, is the 'time remaining' based upon the OS' experience with the installed battery/condition or simply based upon the time a certain spec battery 'should' last without regarding the actual health of the battery?

Mark

:)

markg2, Sep 4, 2017

2. The Latest Update from Nokia is NO GOOD.

Battery information:

Remaining battery life: 95%

Estimated time remaining: 2 days and 13 hours

Time since last charge:4 hours

This is after the update. Before the update i did not experience disappointing battery life either.

Henk2304---01, Sep 4, 2017
  3. battery quick draining.

Battery quick draining in my microsoft 640 xl. when i update my microsoft 640 xl in windows 10 then my phone's battery quick draining. my battery power is 3000mah. after fully charged then showing estimate time remaining 1 day 5 hours. but why? plz gave
    me some tips how do i save my battery life.. (But windows 8.1 os battery life is very good in my 640 xl more than windows 10 os). how do i increase my battery life in windows 10 in my 640 xl???

memainakdutta, Sep 4, 2017
  4. OS battery life hours estimate question

While not absolutely positive, I'm sure its the former. I can watch mine "speed up" (less time remaining) when on battery when playing a video or even a flash game as opposed to just surfing/reading. I have a small battery, compared to my machines requirements/power, so kinda pay attention to the battery when using it and yes it will change depending on the load. Which suggests to me that its "reading" the consumption/state of the battery instead of basing it on something else.

indianacarnie, Sep 5, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Bree, Sep 5, 2017
  6. markg2 Win User
    Thanks so much (and of course Brink). I just ran the report. What a fantastic utility!

markg2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OS battery life hours estimate question

1. OS battery life hours estimate question - Similar Threads - battery life hours

2. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  3. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  4. Why is my Battery Life Estimate so Inaccurate?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Battery Life Estimate so Inaccurate?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Imperator_Romulus476 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktag7x/why_is_my_battery_life_estimate_so_inaccurate/
  5. Incorrect battery estimate time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect battery estimate time: Hi, I have a Lenovo S340 laptop in which battery estimate time is showing incorrect and keeps on fluctuating regularly. Though the battery backup is same as usual but only the estimation is showing wrong. Please help me in resolving this....
  6. Battery estimate not shown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery estimate not shown: Yet another case when someone decides for me what I need and what I do not. Suddenly they disabled battery life estimate. "you see it is just an estimate." A pretty accurate estimate, Big Bro, and much better than my guess! And, if I do not need it, there is an option to...
  7. Issues with Battery Life Estimate on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with Battery Life Estimate on a new laptop: I've purchased a new Dell XPS 13 a week ago, and the battery estimate setting has just been going haywire? It'll show 2 hr 45 min remaining on 95%, then bump it up to 11 hrs at 92%, then it'll drop back down to 3 hours at 90%. I've contacted Dell and they checked that...
  8. battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  9. Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue: On my Surface, when I hovered over the battery tab on the taskbar it showed me the percentage of how much is left and how many hours I had left. Unfortuantly, my laptop only displays the percentage, not how any hours are left anymore. I have tried everything from drivers and...
  10. Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10 The Power icon on the taskbar notification area is your battery level indicator for your Windows 10 device (ex:...