Windows 10: OS freezes

Discus and support OS freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! 2 days ago I stated experiencing constant freezing with windows 10. After a few forced restarts, the problem escalated to BSOD that appeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by remezzh, Mar 20, 2016.

1. remezzh Win User

OS freezes

Hi!

2 days ago I stated experiencing constant freezing with windows 10.

After a few forced restarts, the problem escalated to BSOD that appeared after 10 minutes of very light use. Diagnostic tool disabled the antivirus process, and although BSOD has stopped, the freezing continues. A few restarts ago, windows got me into a temporary account, the freezing is not that common now(but still exists), but I cannot access my files.
    Things I tried:
    Disabling fast startup(didn't work)
    Running "sfc /SCANNOW"(froze everytime I tried, once stopped at 88% and told me about some log file)
    Startup repair(Couldn't access the menu, also with DVD, so I couldn't even start it)

Help please*Sad

:)

remezzh, Mar 20, 2016
  2. Paffman4 Win User

Stop Error

Looking into it, it seems there is a common freezing issue with 1709 OS?

Can I install an earlier OS version?

Paffman4, Mar 20, 2016
  3. cursor freezes in winmail

cursor freezes in winmail. oS Win 10

NicolasYamodis, Mar 20, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

OS freezes

Sounds to me your HD is possibly failing. Unplug your Hard disk and then try to boot to the DVD to get to startup and repair options.

If successful, then your hard disk is the culprit.

If it doesn't work, post back and we will troubleshoot further. That will make it possibly another hardware issue. Mobo, RAM, etc

lmaneke, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

OS freezes

1. OS freezes - Similar Threads - freezes

2. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  3. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  4. Change Default App freezes in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default App freezes in Windows 11: I have a brand new HP laptop. Every single time I attempt to change the default app to open a file, either through the system settings or right-click > Open with, my system freezes, usually requiring a reboot or at least a 5-10 minute wait.I don't have any extra anti-virus...
  5. Change Default App freezes in Windows 11

Change Default App freezes in Windows 11: I have a brand new HP laptop. Every single time I attempt to change the default app to open a file, either through the system settings or right-click > Open with, my system freezes, usually requiring a reboot or at least a 5-10 minute wait.I don't have any extra anti-virus...
  6. Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10: The laptop can work almost all day without crashes. And it can freeze or bluescreen every 5 min, 30 times a day. When the laptop freezes, the system freezes completely, with no response from the keyboard or mouth.I tried to diagnose problems with the Windows memory...
  7. Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10

Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10: The laptop can work almost all day without crashes. And it can freeze or bluescreen every 5 min, 30 times a day. When the laptop freezes, the system freezes completely, with no response from the keyboard or mouth.I tried to diagnose problems with the Windows memory...
  8. Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...
  10. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...