Windows 10: OS freezes

Discus and support OS freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! 2 days ago I stated experiencing constant freezing with windows 10. After a few forced restarts, the problem escalated to BSOD that appeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by remezzh, Mar 20, 2016.

1. remezzh Win User

OS freezes

Hi!

2 days ago I stated experiencing constant freezing with windows 10.

After a few forced restarts, the problem escalated to BSOD that appeared after 10 minutes of very light use. Diagnostic tool disabled the antivirus process, and although BSOD has stopped, the freezing continues. A few restarts ago, windows got me into a temporary account, the freezing is not that common now(but still exists), but I cannot access my files.
    Things I tried:
    Disabling fast startup(didn't work)
    Running "sfc /SCANNOW"(froze everytime I tried, once stopped at 88% and told me about some log file)
    Startup repair(Couldn't access the menu, also with DVD, so I couldn't even start it)

Help please*Sad

:)

remezzh, Mar 20, 2016
  2. Paffman4 Win User

Stop Error

Looking into it, it seems there is a common freezing issue with 1709 OS?

Can I install an earlier OS version?

Paffman4, Mar 20, 2016
  3. cursor freezes in winmail

cursor freezes in winmail. oS Win 10

NicolasYamodis, Mar 20, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

OS freezes

Sounds to me your HD is possibly failing. Unplug your Hard disk and then try to boot to the DVD to get to startup and repair options.

If successful, then your hard disk is the culprit.

If it doesn't work, post back and we will troubleshoot further. That will make it possibly another hardware issue. Mobo, RAM, etc

lmaneke, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

OS freezes

1. OS freezes - Similar Threads - freezes

2. Event 10016, DistributedCOM error freezing my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 10016, DistributedCOM error freezing my pc: Hey My PC has been freezing up for a few secound randomly for a few month now an it seems to be cuased by this error everytime i've checked event viewer. This is a new PC bought by IBUYPOWER around black friday. I had mostly ingnored this issue as it wasnt cuasing me much...
  3. Laptop Freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Freezes: My laptop Hp is very slow, it hangs constantly. When I'm working with it it freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezes/ec88b611-2fe5-4c14-a111-a734f571c750
  4. Screen Freezes and frequently get error meesage

Screen Freezes and frequently get error meesage: I am running windows 10 on a tower computer. For quite some time my screen either freezes or I get a blue screen error message saying the Video Scheduler problem and needs to shut down. I have chatted to Microsoft support but so far none have been able to come to a conclusion...
  5. Windows 10 freezing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezing.: Everytime a new update is trying to install my computer freezes. The installation keeps failing, but windows 10 keeps trying. I do not want these updates. How do I stop them...
  6. after windows 10 update, experiencing random computer freezes.

after windows 10 update, experiencing random computer freezes.: I have a custom build computer with an AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4.00 GHz, and a GTX 970. I have never had an issue with my computer randomly freezing when I had windows 8 or 8.1. But as soon as i updated to windows 10 I have been experiencing random freezes,...
  7. Windows 10 shuts down and freezes up randomly

Windows 10 shuts down and freezes up randomly: Just got a new computer with Windows 10 and it randomly shuts down and freezes up. I am really not familiar with Windows 10, and not sure what else could be causing my issues or if they are related. Here are the things I have tried so far: Unplugged ALL external devices...
  8. Storage HDD causes system freeze.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage HDD causes system freeze.: Lately my F: (Seagate 3TB HDD) has been causing the system to freeze 1-2 seconds, presumably when it is waking as it coincides with me accessing something from the disk and I can hear the drive noise at the same time. This does not usually cause a system hang so is something...
  9. Fix for Windows 10 freezing at login screen after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix for Windows 10 freezing at login screen after update: I fixed my dad's computer that froze at the login after the April update (pretty much what is happening in this person's post). What worked for me was- booting into safe mode with networking then running the Windows Update troubleshooter then downloading the...
  10. 100% disk usage in the task manager.. freezes my computer

100% disk usage in the task manager.. freezes my computer: Hello all, Any help would be highly appreciated!!1 I have updated the windows with the fall creators in Jan/Feb 2018 and from then 100% disk usage problem started which made my laptop useless.. i have tried many solutions to bring it back to normal but nothing worked so...