Windows 10: OS freezes

Discus and support OS freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! 2 days ago I stated experiencing constant freezing with windows 10. After a few forced restarts, the problem escalated to BSOD that appeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by remezzh, Mar 20, 2016.

1. remezzh Win User

OS freezes

Hi!

2 days ago I stated experiencing constant freezing with windows 10.

After a few forced restarts, the problem escalated to BSOD that appeared after 10 minutes of very light use. Diagnostic tool disabled the antivirus process, and although BSOD has stopped, the freezing continues. A few restarts ago, windows got me into a temporary account, the freezing is not that common now(but still exists), but I cannot access my files.
    Things I tried:
    Disabling fast startup(didn't work)
    Running "sfc /SCANNOW"(froze everytime I tried, once stopped at 88% and told me about some log file)
    Startup repair(Couldn't access the menu, also with DVD, so I couldn't even start it)

Help please*Sad

:)

remezzh, Mar 20, 2016
  2. Paffman4 Win User

Stop Error

Looking into it, it seems there is a common freezing issue with 1709 OS?

Can I install an earlier OS version?

Paffman4, Mar 20, 2016
  3. cursor freezes in winmail

cursor freezes in winmail. oS Win 10

NicolasYamodis, Mar 20, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

OS freezes

Sounds to me your HD is possibly failing. Unplug your Hard disk and then try to boot to the DVD to get to startup and repair options.

If successful, then your hard disk is the culprit.

If it doesn't work, post back and we will troubleshoot further. That will make it possibly another hardware issue. Mobo, RAM, etc

lmaneke, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

OS freezes

1. OS freezes - Similar Threads - freezes

2. Random Freezing/Lock-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freezing/Lock-up: Hello. First time post, but I've run out of options that aren't wiping my computer and fresh installing. A few days ago, I finally upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I'm mostly glad I did, but since then, I've been experiencing random freezes in which both screen and...
  3. [Windows 10 clean install] Booting from USB freezes on black screen w/dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [Windows 10 clean install] Booting from USB freezes on black screen w/dots: I recently built a computer (see parts list below) and I am attempting to install Windows 10 via a USB on a new SSD (NOTE: This is a brand new install, I don't have an existing harddrive with Windows on it). I have downloaded the Windows Media tool and formatted the USB...
  4. Updating to Windows 10 version 1803 1809 freezes on the Windows logo upon reboot (possible...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to Windows 10 version 1803 1809 freezes on the Windows logo upon reboot (possible...: Can you not lock topics that are still relevant as this issue is not fixed, will attempt 1903 shorty to see if it is resolved (but unlikely) -- Old topic...
  5. My PC freezes and i need to do hard shutdown!

My PC freezes and i need to do hard shutdown!: Hello! 2 months ago i bought a PC. After 2 weeks it started to freeze , i was waiting for about an hour, but it was still not responding. It makes sometimes a buzzing sounds. So i tried to reinstall my windows and it still freezes , im sure its HW problem. I can still do a...
  6. Intel + NVIDIA Laptop Freeze Problem Reintroduced in 1903

Intel + NVIDIA Laptop Freeze Problem Reintroduced in 1903: Hi, recently I have decided to give 1903 a go on my Asus GM501 laptop, and voila! This age-old bug https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/partially-fixed-intel-nvidia-laptop-freeze-problem/93e7004a-62b1-4211-8e37-4c136608865e was reintroduced! "Right-click >...
  7. acer laptop freezes and closes programme

acer laptop freezes and closes programme: hi, i have a acer swift sf113 laptop and it keeps freezing and closing my programmes . it only ever happens when i go into file explorer, if i right click anything it will close the file, if i try to click on 'this pc' it will close or if i try to open or extract a zip...
  8. What could be ausing Windows 10 to suddenly & randomly freeze?

What could be ausing Windows 10 to suddenly & randomly freeze?: Hi Before updating from the previous build to 1903 at the end of May, everything on my notebook was OK. This is a Samsung notebook with Win 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, otherwise with all available Windows Updates and those of other software and drivers installed. After the above...
  9. Windows 10 Freezing Taskbar, Right-Clicking A Window Fixes It.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Freezing Taskbar, Right-Clicking A Window Fixes It.: As title says, Windows 10 is randomly freezing. This affects the taskbar, and some programs such as Chrome. Simply right-clicking on an open program seems to fix the issue, but even CTRL-ALT-DEL does nothing. Obviously this is unintended, and i have found a temporary...
  10. Freeze and BSOD sometime ..

Freeze and BSOD sometime ..: Hi , my problem start before 5 months . laptop start to freeze ( can't Alt+Ctrl+Del or anything ) must to force restart 1 time everyday and then start to be 2 , 3 times .. then after freeze sometime BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR i tried format my windows and the...