Windows 10: "OS not found" message in trying to start up computer....

Discus and support "OS not found" message in trying to start up computer.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Acer aspire 5755 laptop. Came with Windows 7. Somehow got upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago. Touchpad never worked since then but could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rockydoc, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Rockydoc Win User

"OS not found" message in trying to start up computer....

I have a Acer aspire 5755 laptop. Came with Windows 7. Somehow got upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago. Touchpad never worked since then but could use mouse to move the cuser arrow. Tried everything to correct, finally tried to reset back to Windows 7. Now can't restart because computer unable to locate any operating system. The laptop did not come with a recovery CD. Will I have to buy a new Windows OS and re-install. Hate to spend much on a 4 year old laptop though it has a Core i5 CPU which is plenty good for what I do.

:)

Rockydoc, Jul 31, 2016

2. PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

download j2me edition of blueftp to your x2. Configure the settings on application access.

Then browse files, highlight the file which you want to hide press 9

three action will appear.

generalmember, Jul 31, 2016
  3. Battōsai Win User
    PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

Battōsai, Jul 31, 2016
  4. "OS not found" message in trying to start up computer....

You should check with Acer and see if they have Recovery Media available for your PC model.

The OEMs typically stock this and the cost is a LOT less than going out and buying a copy of Win7.

Good Luck

Mark Phelps, Jul 31, 2016
  5. imcanadian, Jul 31, 2016
  6. Rockydoc Win User
    Ordered recovery CD from Acer.com. If it works it will save me $100.
    Thanks Mark

Rockydoc, Jul 31, 2016
  7. I would cancel the order and take one of these paths

1) Wait for Win10_1607 due out on 2 August and clean install Win10.
    Since you already have a digital license from the upgrade, you don't need a key.
    Windows 10 ISO Download
    Windows 10 Clean Install
    2) Download the official Win7 ISO from MS through Heidoc.net
    You'll need the license on the COA sticker to reinstall. The ISO is pure Windows, it won't have any of the Acer bloatware

Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool
    Select version (Windows 7), Edition (Premium??), Language (Eng??)
    Download the ISO
    Burn to Disc or create USB
    I would wait for Tuesday instead of paying money for old recovery when you can get it for free, spending time installing Windows 7, then deciding later to try win10 again.

You can download these things on a friends computer or at a public library. FedEx office rents computer time, but you need a few hours

Slartybart, Jul 31, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

I have to agree with Slartybart. Although the MS downloads are not working at present, in two days you will be able to download an ISO for W10 Anniversary Release, and clean install your machine - for free.

simrick, Jul 31, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Microsoft downloads are all still working, including Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. You just have to know where to get them:
    Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

NavyLCDR, Jul 31, 2016
  10. I did mention that in bullet two.

Simrick meant Technet, I'm sure.

Curious though ... what Win10 do you get before 2 Aug?

Slartybart, Jul 31, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    Yeah sorry - TechBench. Heidoc was not working earlier today though.
    version 1511_2 comes down right now.

simrick, Jul 31, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes, it still gets you build 10586.something. I have the Annivesary update installed on 6 computers at my house now by capturing the install.esd file from Insider updates. I had to get the build 14372 of Home from the Heildoc download program because I needed the Home version of the Anniversary update for one computer. I then put it on the fast ring and after about 24 hours it just downloaded the Anniversary update for me this evening. I've had Pro since it first came out, what about 1 week ago?

NavyLCDR, Jul 31, 2016
  13. essenbe Win User

TechBench is down including the Heidoc app, but you can get the Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool. That still works.

EDIT: I stand corrected, the Heidoc TechBench tool does work. I think you have to download the version on the website now. I had one that didn't work, but I re downloaded it and it worked fine.

essenbe, Jul 31, 2016
  14. Rockydoc Win User
    I will do that. I have two working desktops in addition to the above disabled laptop that my wie uses.
    Thanks

Rockydoc, Jul 31, 2016
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    The Heidoc app is working just fine. I just now checked it and it started download the ISO file. Windows 10 Pro and Home, English version, x64 architecture.

NavyLCDR, Jul 31, 2016
Thema:

1. "OS not found" message in trying to start up computer.... - Similar Threads - found message trying

2. Error message on start up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error message on start up: I get this message eon my laptop when I turn it on. C:\programfiles\windowsapps\microsoft,microsoftofficehub_18.2008.12711.0_x64_8...\localbridge.exe. Element not found i click ok and my screen goes blank...
  3. Install OS on start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Install OS on start up: Hi All, I have a HP Envy 17" W10 Home version 1903 I don't normally shut my PC down just put it to sleep. A couple of times recently on wake up, I've had a message saying 'install operating system'. Below the message is the option to do a memory & hard drive check...
  4. Error message on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error message on start up: A message box keeps appearing when I start up my computer. Message: "There is a problem starting C\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 2540 series\bin\HPstatusBl.dll. The specified module could not be found." I have already uninstalled this printer. How can I get rid of this...
  5. Error message at start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message at start up: Just bought my daughter a refurbished hp stream notebook windows 10. At start up there is an error message stating product information is missing or invalid IE: Product name, configuration, serial number, product number is missing from system board. Does anyone knows what...
  6. Error message when trying to boot up computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message when trying to boot up computer: My computer was working fine before the power tripped on one side of the house and it went out. I went to go turn it back on and log back in but when I put in my password there was an error message I’ll upload a photo of it. I can’t click anything and the mouse doesn’t even...
  7. OS not FOUND!

OS not FOUND!: Hi! after a windows update last day my PC has restarted and in the startup it showed me an error that says "An OS was not found" and when i tried to boot from the ssd, where i have the windows it showed me the same error..please help! :)...
  8. Start up & OS issues

Start up & OS issues: When deleting some programs from my laptop to create more memory I accodentally and not knowingly deleted the operating system from the laptop. Now when i go to turn the laptop on it brings me the the hp start up screen snd that is it. After that it goes to a blank (black)...
  9. when computer starts up, missing comsrv.dll message...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when computer starts up, missing comsrv.dll message...: I had some malware problems over Christmas; all solved now, thankfully. However when I start up my computer, a message comes up telling me that comsrv.dll is missing. This doesn't seem to affect anything, but the presence of this message is annoying. Has anyone else had...
  10. OS Not found

in Windows 10 Support
    OS Not found: On my last startup, I got an error screen That says "No OS found" , which of course allows no access to anything. (I am on a borrowed Chromebook for this post) Error 'oxc000000e', reports errors or missing file, sys32/winload.exe. I have a Macrium Rescue Disk that I created,...