Windows 10: OS Windows 10 Pro- Updates separately for each new user profile?

Discus and support OS Windows 10 Pro- Updates separately for each new user profile? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Everyone on the forum, We have set up an ICT Computer Lab and installed official Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit OS in a Core i3 Computer, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pinesh, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Pinesh Win User

OS Windows 10 Pro- Updates separately for each new user profile?

Hello Everyone on the forum,

We have set up an ICT Computer Lab and installed official Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit OS in a Core i3 Computer, with the purpose to teach ICT Computers to Children studying in grade 6 to 10 IGCSE Cambridge board. Our set up is as follows:-

Set up:- Windows Server 2012 + 10 Computers connected to server domain having OS windows 10 professional 64 bit + 24 port Switch for LAN networking etc.

Observation: What we have observed in last 2 months forces me to ask a question in this forum, because this matter is causing a lot of issue in normal day to day functioning. Every time a new user profile of s student is created, (even if Windows OS was updated just 3 hours back for a different old user), the system starts updating windows OS all over again for this new user profile.

Question:- (1) Does this mean that Windows 10 Pro OS maintains its OS and updates separately and individually for each user profile ?
    (2) If Yes - Is there a way where we can configure the OS in a way where it updates commonly for all users including those that may be created in future?

Kindly do share your experience and knowledge for me to understand this scenario.

Thanks / Mehta

:)

Pinesh, Aug 4, 2016
  2. Rajkishan Win User

I have Windows 7 installed on the computer, but I also have a valid Windows 8.1 Pro key. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro directly?

If I had to guess, since it is a new and separate OS, that person will need the ISO of Windows 10 Pro and reinstall the whole OS (and activate it using Windows 8 or 8.1 Pro product key) to get Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home.

Rajkishan, Aug 4, 2016
  3. MI2432 Win User
    want to keep 2 different computers

Have 2 desktop computers now each in different rooms. The question is this the first computer is one that had windows 8.1 pro that got upgraded to windows 10 pro during the promotional time. The other one I just got it finished building and bought the
    windows 10 pro usb drive to install the program with my question is this how do I install windows 10 pro on the new computer with the new activation code that comes with it ? do I have to create a separate user account for windows outlook right now I am using
    hotmail.

MI2432, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

OS Windows 10 Pro- Updates separately for each new user profile?

1. OS Windows 10 Pro- Updates separately for each new user profile? - Similar Threads - Pro Updates separately

2. New User Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  3. New User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  4. New User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles: Do I have to share the same icons/folders/apps, etc...on the desktop of my user profile screen? I don't need/want most of the things on her user desktop. However, when I delete an item from "my" desktop it also deletes that same item from "hers"....
  6. Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles: Do I have to share the same icons/folders/apps, etc...on the desktop of my user profile screen? I don't need/want most of the things on her user desktop. However, when I delete an item from "my" desktop it also deletes that same item from "hers"....
  7. Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Will Windows 11 be a separate OS or a part of Windows 10 updates? If separate can Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows 11 be a separate OS or a part of Windows 10 updates? If separate can Windows...: Will Windows 11 be a separate OS or a part of Windows 10 updates? If separate can Windows 10 users upgrade to Windows 11 for free? And will there be the N&I Button in Windows 11?My details are: Windows 10Version 19043.1053 Updating my PC to the latest ver....Insider Beta...
  9. Separate Google Drive Account for each User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate Google Drive Account for each User: If you have multiple users on a single PC, can each account connect to a separate google drive and run its own instance of google drive Backup and Sync? I assume that onedrive integrate better in this instance where you would enter the one drive for each windows users? Paul...
  10. Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile: My oldest son would like to give my youngest son his Windows 10 laptop, but he doesn't want the younger son to use his user profile. Because the current user profile has all the software, links, etc. that the younger one needs, I would like to make a duplicate user profile...