Windows 10: OSD. Deployment of Windows 10 and AD computer accounts

Discus and support OSD. Deployment of Windows 10 and AD computer accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I will try to make this as short and simple as possible. I want to deploy windows by deploying an image with Windows Deployment service. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnPaulJones_466, Jul 26, 2018.

1. OSD. Deployment of Windows 10 and AD computer accounts

I will try to make this as short and simple as possible.

I want to deploy windows by deploying an image with Windows Deployment service.

I have made my bootimage and am able to deploy it to PC's.

I am of the assumption that you can prestage a machine in WDS and when the machine has installed the OS and logged in to the domain, the machine would have taken the name that was given to it as it was prestaged.

I can not make it the deployed machine take on the name it was given as prestaged device.

This is driving me nuts. I can not find a definitive answer anywhere.

Can you have your deployed machine take the name it was prestaged as and not create a new computer account in AD, or cant you?

Thanks in advance.

:)

JohnPaulJones_466, Jul 26, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown OSD. Deployment of Windows 10 and AD computer accounts :(

Zakin, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2018
  4. OSD. Deployment of Windows 10 and AD computer accounts

[Windows 10] Airplane mode OSD won't show up after reboot

I have a notebook has a Airplane mode hot key (Fn++F2). It works fine on Windows 8/8.1: when the key pressed, there is a Airplane mode on/off OSD show up at top-left corner and Wi-Fi/Bluetooth are turned
    off accordingly.

On Windows 10, however, OSD won't show up until I press other keys like Volume Up, Down or Mute, after that, the Airplane mode OSD works just fine. (Airplane mode function always work, the problem is no
    OSD)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Reboot system

2. Press Airplane mode hot key (problem: no OSD)

3. Press Volume up hot key (volume OSD show up at top-left corner)

4. Press Airplane mode hot key again (Airplane mode OSD shows up)

Follow above steps, you can 100% reproduce the problem.

- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10240 (other insider preview has same problem)

Sam Tsai (I3D), Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

OSD. Deployment of Windows 10 and AD computer accounts

1. OSD. Deployment of Windows 10 and AD computer accounts - Similar Threads - OSD Deployment computer

2. Do OSD deployments require an SCCM distribution point to be on-site?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do OSD deployments require an SCCM distribution point to be on-site?: Hi I want to know, if I want to deploy operating systems through SCCM, should the SCCM distribution point be in the site where I intend to deploy the operating systems. Thanks...
  3. Do OSD deployments require an SCCM distribution point to be on-site?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do OSD deployments require an SCCM distribution point to be on-site?: Hi I want to know, if I want to deploy operating systems through SCCM, should the SCCM distribution point be in the site where I intend to deploy the operating systems. Thanks...
  4. Do OSD deployments require an SCCM distribution point to be on-site?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't OSD Gen9 computers with MDT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't OSD Gen9 computers with MDT: HiI have now tried several different models of Gen9 computers but cannot manage OSD with MDT. The previous generation is not a problem, only Gen9. The masks find the MDT server and download WinPE, but then it stops at the first image in MDT and nothing more happens. It...
  6. Can't OSD Gen9 computers with MDT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't OSD Gen9 computers with MDT: HiI have now tried several different models of Gen9 computers but cannot manage OSD with MDT. The previous generation is not a problem, only Gen9. The masks find the MDT server and download WinPE, but then it stops at the first image in MDT and nothing more happens. It...
  7. Can't OSD Gen9 computers with MDT

8. Brightness OSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness OSD: My screen brightness OSD is a permanent feature on my screen - any suggestions on how to make is disappear!? I'm running 10 on a Surface https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-osd/6342aece-1eaa-4cc2-8d0f-7e111bd4efab
  9. Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding Computer to Microsoft Account.: I have three Computers listed under my Microsoft acct. I just want to add a forth one to it. I can't seem to add it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-computer-to-microsoft-account/44045e35-a970-4ad5-b7f8-75f3abb760ef"
  10. Windows 10 Deployment

Windows 10 Deployment: Hi guys, I want to migrate windows 7, 8 & 8.1 to windows 10 across 300 PCs through automated process in badges. Please guide me. 37667

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wds not taking prestaeged name

2. prestage windows 10 computer accounts osd machine in AD 2016

3. prestage windows 10 osd machine in AD 2016