Windows 10: Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead.

Discus and support Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Preface: I am running a laptop which I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I also have a desktop that is still running windows 7. One of the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marscaleb, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Marscaleb Win User

Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead.

Preface: I am running a laptop which I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I also have a desktop that is still running windows 7. One of the hard drives on my desktop is shared, and I often-enough will copy files from my laptop to my desktop. The laptop connects wirelessly and the desktop is wired.

Today however, I could not get my laptop to see my desktop on the network. It is connected to the network; I am receiving internet just fine.
    When I first click the network tab in the navigation pane, it does not list any section for any computers. So I tell it to refresh, and after a moment, it now displays three computers, all of which were ones I would see on the network from a house I no longer live in.
    Now as it just so happens, one of those computers is my desktop, as I had it back then, but when I try to access it, it just gives me the spinning wheel for a while, and then just says it can't access it. If I click "diagnose" it doesn't find anything that's wrong. This is pretty much the same result I get form trying to connect to one of the computers from my old house.

I haven't changed any settings, and I was indeed able to connect to that computer at this house just a week or so ago.

Not sure what the problem is, but I haven't tried much other than resetting the computer. I'm open to suggestions.

:)

Marscaleb, Sep 2, 2016
  2. PeterLoth Win User

Computer not showing up on other networked computers

Yesterday I shutdown all computers an today I started PC-1, PC-2, PC-3 and PC-4.

Something has been changed and I hate this ...;

PC-1 shows PC-1, PC-2, PC-3, PC-4 and have access to PC-3 en printer connected to PC-3

PC-2 shows PC-1, PC-2, PC-3, PC-4 and no access to PC-3 error code 0x80070035

PC-3 shows PC-1, PC-2

PC-4 shows PC-1, PC-2, PC-4 and no access to PC-3 error code 0x80004005

Help ... HELP ...

PeterLoth, Sep 2, 2016
  3. PeterLoth Win User
    Computer not showing up on other networked computers

I have investigated my problems and the results are still no connection between PC-3 and PC-2, PC-4

Windows Problemsolver showed:

PC-4 Message Windows Firewall-row 4jxr4b3r3du76ina39a98x8k2 blocking connection.

PC-4 Message Network configuration looks fine

PC-2 Message Network protocol is missing.

I disabled my Ad blocker and Windows firewall on PC-2, PC-3, PC-4 and the results are:

PC-1 shows PC-1, PC-2, PC-3 and PC-4 (Access to PC-3)

PC-2 shows PC-1, PC-2, PC-3 and PC-4 IP-Address 192.168.1.121

PC-3 shows PC-1, PC-2, PC-3 and PC-4 IP-Address 192.168.1.87

PC-4 shows PC-1, PC-2, PC-3 and PC-4 IP-Address 192.168.1.123

Connect PC-3 from explore on PC2 and PC-4 errorcode 0x80070035

Connect \\192.168.1.87 from explore on PC-2 and PC-4 errorcode 0x80004005

PC-2 ping 192.168.1.87 => Request timed out.

PC-4 ping 192.168.1.87 => Request timed out.

PC-3 ping 192.168.121 => Request timed out.

PC-3 ping 192.168.123 => Request timed out.

PeterLoth, Sep 2, 2016
  4. Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead.

Try this.
    Windows 10 changed from smb2 to smb3

Command prompt / administrator and type two lines together like that :

sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
    sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled

Reboot the pc when done.

GoneTroppo, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead.

1. Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead. - Similar Threads - computers network showing

2. Computer will not show available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not show available networks: I’ve looked everywhere and done everything and still cannot find a fix for this. When i hit the “no wifi” logo, literally nothing but a bar that says Network and internet settings shows up. When i go there the troubleshooters are useless, and when i click on show available...
  3. Networked computer not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networked computer not showing up: I've just installed Win10 on a small networked computer ethernet, which previously had Win7 on it. I access it most frequently from my desktop computer, also connected via ethernet. I have set up sharing on this computer, and can see, access, and write to folders on it, on...
  4. Home network computers not showing

Home network computers not showing: I am having the same problem as loads of other people and have tried all the various methods to sort it. I have set the Services to automatic -I have turned on SMB - checked every setting that all the variuos help pages suggest and it stiil doesn't work. I have a desktop...
  5. Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn't show me wifi network name but it shows other networks.: I did rest the network adapter 3 times. My phone and VM shows and connects to it but not windows (main OS) submitted by /u/mapel_pizza [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hd5gvb/windows_doesnt_show_me_wifi_network_name_but_it/
  6. Network Computers not showing under network

Network Computers not showing under network: So, I checked, and the appropriate services are running under services.msc. We use windows server which I have access to but the local machine I do not have the admin password for. I can access the server one, but not the locals. I am trying to find a way to remote access...
  7. Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are

Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are: I just moved to a new house and I can’t find the house’s wifi network on my laptop. I can see lots of other wifi networks but not mine. I know the network is fine because I can use it on my phone and other people in the house have no issues. I also was able to connect to a...
  8. Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.

Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.: I suddenly have an issue with no computers showing up on the network on one of my computers which us connected via ethernet. A second computer on the ethernet lists all computers but cannot access the first one and a third on wifi lists the first ethernet computer. All...
  9. Computers not showing in network

Computers not showing in network: I'm so very annoyed, I've been having this issue for many years now. I've sought help for many years now with no real fix. I go to File Explorer and Network and even though there is 3 computers all connected to the same router, all marked as private with sharing turned...
  10. Computer not showing in network

Computer not showing in network: Last week I upgraded my Acer laptop to version 1803. I went well. Today I decided to upgrade my Dell desktop and it did go quite as well. On the laptop I can can see the Dell desktop in Network along with itself and one other 1709 macine as well as printers on the network....