Windows 10: Other folders will deny access, disconnect the pool

Discus and support Other folders will deny access, disconnect the pool in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is on windows 10 Pro machine: I had a "bad" install of windows 10 1507(I think) and I just could never get it to update, nothing would ever work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elwormz, May 9, 2018.

1. elwormz Win User

Other folders will deny access, disconnect the pool

This is on windows 10 Pro machine:
    I had a "bad" install of windows 10 1507(I think) and I just could never get it to update, nothing would ever work. Microsoft gave me the "solution" of re-installing windows. I finally did on a 2nd hard drive, I know have 1803 on the same machine.

I have a 4 drive storage pool with single parity from the original machine. When I first reattached the drives after install they showed up, but only some of the folders are accessible. Some of the folder ask for administrative privileges to open, I agree, the machine will think and then allow access from there on forward.

Other folders will deny access, disconnect the pool (it wont show up in This PC anymore) and managing storage spaces will not allow it to be brought online. I have tried taking owner ship but it runs into specific files it cannot change the permissions on. Once the pool is disconnected I cannot get it reconnected. I unplug my 1803 hard drive and plug in the old install from the 1503, boot, shutdown, swap back in the 1803, boot and it just shows up.

Is there anything I can do to just wipe all permissions from files?

:)

elwormz, May 9, 2018
Thema:

Other folders will deny access, disconnect the pool

1. Other folders will deny access, disconnect the pool - Similar Threads - folders deny access

2. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  3. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  4. Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Access Denied: I am trying to delete a folder from my computer but I get the message"You require permission from DESKTOP-K80A0CS\prboy_ikch6mt to make changes to this folder" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/6400ade0-f3f4-4a12-9ca8-1c6a8fc42e0c
  5. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: When I try to delete an old windows 10 download it keeps saying "You require permission from DESKTOP-Name\my name to make changes to this folder. I already have take ownership of everything in it. But I still can't delete anything. [IMG]...
  6. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: I have a folder under Users/<Me>/Pictures that I need to rename but am unable to. I get the following error: [ATTACH] NOTE: I am this user and also "own" the folder: [ATTACH] How do I resolve this? Any ideas?...
  7. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: Hi, I keep receiving a pop-up box that tells me I need permission to perform this action. Why am I getting this when I am signed in as administrator? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/c4b15789-9e65-47ab-afe0-04de0692824a
  8. folder access denied

folder access denied: Quand j'essaie d'ouvrir certains dossiers il m'est impossible d’accéder car je reçois le message "Vous ne disposez pas des autorisations requises pour accéder a ce dossier"...
  9. Folder Access Denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Folder Access Denied: I recently tried to change my Username from the default first five letters of my email address by following one of Shawn Brinks tutorials. After three or four failed attempts I gave up and am stuck with the default which is C:\ User\grtat. I will probably return to that in...
  10. Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations: I changed the location the of my Pictures folder from the default C:\users\myname\Pictures to D:\onedrive\pictures, Worked great until I decided to use new Google Photo on Google Drive. Using File Explorer, I moved all photos from D:\one drive\pictures to E:\Google...