Windows 10: Other peoples phones appearing on my Network

Discus and support Other peoples phones appearing on my Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I often see other "Strange" phones on my network --I know they aren't mine as I've powered them ALL off and removed batteries. Looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Sep 5, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Other peoples phones appearing on my Network

Hi there

I often see other "Strange" phones on my network --I know they aren't mine as I've powered them ALL off and removed batteries.

Looking at Router log they haven't logged on to my network but I really shouldn't be seeing these.

My own phones don't show up BTW !!!!

Other peoples phones appearing on my Network [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 5, 2016

2. Asphalt 8 on Windows 10 offering other peoples accounts

My son and I are having the same issue. We installed Asphalt 8 for the first time and my account was a player from Brazil. My sons came up as a player with nearly maxed out everything. It as if someone else has been using our information log before we
    downloaded the game.

WillliamWest, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Taleys Win User
    Asphalt 8 on Windows 10 offering other peoples accounts

Just noticed on the asphalt 8 message board that other people are experiencing this so it looks like it might be some problem they are having.

Taleys, Sep 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Tablet or other device. The bad thing about manufacturers using chips that can be used in multiple devices, Windows for some reason loves to misidentify them.

bro67, Sep 5, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    I Briefly see this sometimes too , this morning I saw something on my ISP's Router call "Angler" , turn out to be a Phone , as with a right Click I discovered it was actually my Nexus 6P Phone , even though it gets it's Wifi from my Bridged AC Router , I guess it was surveying the 2.4ghz Hotspots it could find and then disconnected again after a few minutes as it disappeared from the Network view.

On my surface I see Bluetooth Devices , which must be the neighbours all the time...

KB

Kbird, Sep 5, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Jim I forgot to let you know that there are Smartphone apps for the iOS devices like Network Analyzer. If I pull up my Engenius EAP750 AP, it comes up showing the chip is a SENAO Networks product. My brother Laser comes up as Silex for the Wifi chipset. Even the Bluetooth chips come up funky.

bro67, Sep 5, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    That is one option that people forget to disable on Windows and Android. It ends up burning up battery power on portable devices if you are having it to scan for any available networks.

bro67, Sep 5, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

I've noticed this irritation going back to Windows 8.

Steve C, Sep 6, 2016
  9. sneekez Win User
    Jimbo,

If you're not using MS's WPS disable it and the phones will disappear...computer management...services...scroll down to "Windows Connect Now" stop the service running" then click Disabled in startup type...go back to Explorer refresh and it's gone. It is MS's version of WPS HTH

sneekez, Sep 8, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    It was because of the changes that Microsoft has implemented for networking.

bro67, Sep 8, 2016
  11. Kbird Win User
    Interesting ..... It is Running but says Manual Start ....so What starts it? The next entry , the Connection Manager which is on Auto Trigger Start?

I see the phone on 1607 sometimes but not on the one still on 1511

KB

Kbird, Sep 8, 2016
  12. sneekez Win User
    I had the quirk on 1511, disabled it, viola. I live in an apt complex so lots of the devices were looking for a connection. However it never, at least what I've been able to determine, gives the devices a connection. If you look at the properties of the device looking to connect you'll see no connection serial number, mac address etc is showing. So no connection really exists it's just showing devices looking to connect. Not really sure if Connection Mgr starts it or not. I thought at first my router was to blame but after checking Google etc I was reading that WPS by Microsoft was to blame. Vista, 7 and 8 8.1 has the same issue. I don't use WPS so it's not created any problems with Discovery of the network. HTH

sneekez, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Other peoples phones appearing on my Network - Similar Threads - peoples phones appearing

2. Why is this phone in my network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this phone in my network?: The explanation of the question posted in link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-device/42d8b137-dbae-48f0-8dd4-ba37415f85d8 makes no sense to me and doesn't say whether it's a safe device. I to have Mstar Semiconductor Inc in my network listing's...
  3. Why is this phone in my network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this phone in my network?: The explanation of the question posted in link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-device/42d8b137-dbae-48f0-8dd4-ba37415f85d8 makes no sense to me and doesn't say whether it's a safe device. I to have Mstar Semiconductor Inc in my network listing's...
  4. Family & other people missing!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Family & other people missing!: Hello,I am trying to get back to my admin privileges and stuff i have other threads, I need help with getting that setting because i can't really do anything because my admin account has been replaced/removed and, I cant switch back to admin like if i try to do it in cmd says...
  5. My mic is echoing for other people

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mic is echoing for other people: So I use these headsets for gaming on the Xbox and everything works fine there but when I'm using it on my PC, everything that other people say echoes for them, I hear everything fine but even when i'm muted it echoes....
  6. Donut Phone on my network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Donut Phone on my network?: What is the device "donut" showing up on my Network as a Phone device? I followed the previous advice from MS technical consultant but it does not do anything. The manufacturer is Amazon. Does it have something to do with Amazon Prime account? Is this Alexa? Also as I...
  7. Unknown phone device appearing in network

Unknown phone device appearing in network: I have an unknown phone device appearing under a network view and just disappears after about 1 minute. it is not pingable and with no ip address. [ATTACH] A day before it had a different name and mac. [ATTACH]...
  8. People app not showing phone numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    People app not showing phone numbers: My people app on my surface pro 7 no longer shows phone numbers on contact records. What gives?? Any suggestions how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-app-not-showing-phone-numbers/c14fd77e-d859-4e4c-9981-8a06b9e9919a
  9. Other people running my network, Took full control of my security and computers.

Other people running my network, Took full control of my security and computers.: Who ever they are must find it enjoyable to watch my business go to hell for the last 4 3/4 years. They bypass my modem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/other-people-running-my-network-took-full-control/9e1d5c2f-b86e-4fa8-af26-7acbe29c55d3
  10. Ghost shared folders appearing on other computer networked

Ghost shared folders appearing on other computer networked: I shared the Downloads folder on the main home PC, ( so that I don't have to download everything twice) On my laptop there's a share called Downloads which eventually comes up with a message when I click it to say that the folder isn't accessible. I also have showing a...