Windows 10: Other User is the only account

Discus and support Other User is the only account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, its no great loss, I backed everything up. but my PC, I was using for basic testing and web stuff, is now not letting me in, I did the free... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by websponge, Jul 30, 2015.

1. websponge Win User

Other User is the only account

Hi,
    its no great loss, I backed everything up. but my PC, I was using for basic testing and web stuff, is now not letting me in,
    I did the free upgrade, all good. decided, what the hell, lets reset the lot. (using the delete everything option)

Windows 10 boots fine, but the only login I have is "other user" no combination works to get in.

upgraded the laptop, did the same, and it was all hunky dorey.. asked for a user on start up etc..

am I screwed?

:)

websponge, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Deleting other user account only blocks access.

Hi Spencer,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• Which version and build of Windows 10 are you running on your computer?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Deleting other user account only blocks access.

I created an extra user account just to test out the mechanics, however, when I tried to delete the account, I found it may not be possible.

When I look in the settings under accounts, I do not get the "Remove" option, so I deleted it through the control panel using my administrator account. However, while I selected delete data, then delete account, the account in question still appeared in
    the accounts section of the account settings. All this process accomplished was to block the user, which could be done with one click in the user settings.

SpencerBlackthorne, Jul 30, 2015
  4. websponge Win User

Not quite sure why this has been moved here, as its a definite upgrade issue. I hope someone can provide assistance.

websponge, Jul 30, 2015
  5. same problem with me, initally everything worked, but my dad wanted to change the name on the local account (not MS account), so i checked some stuff and may have accidently removed one of the home users in netplwiz... now when i boot, i get to log in screen with the name that was there before (so that meant whatever i did had no affect on the name) and no password combination works... i am unsure how to proceed. i tried to reset pc and keep my personal files but same issue faces me, an account that i don't know the password to

solved my issue using this: Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

make sure you got windows 10 iso on usb first!

poolwizard, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Sidnyrb Win User
    Sidnyrb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Other User is the only account - Similar Threads - User account

2. Transfer Minecraft Java Edition account on Microsoft to another user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Minecraft Java Edition account on Microsoft to another user: Some time ago I bought Minecraft Java Edition using a key for a friend. For some reason, even though we logged in on his account, the game was added to my Microsoft account, which probably was still logged in as the default on the PC. Is there a way for me to transfer the...
  3. User Accounts / Shared Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Accounts / Shared Files: Hello, I work in a onsite department and one of are clients has a computer in one of their head employees office that they are also using as a server. On the server computer they have a folder on his C drive called Shared that other computers inside the network can access....
  4. How is Standard User Account recommended if I cant have programs like MSI Afterburner start...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is Standard User Account recommended if I cant have programs like MSI Afterburner start...: I don't get this, yes it is safer but programs that need admin won't even boot with windows, is there ways around this? I use ISLC and MSI Afterburner and neither will boot on Standard User. I also cant use programs like NVcleanstall because it cannot see the Nvidia installer...
  5. Change default log in screen to local user account

Change default log in screen to local user account: [ATTACH] Hello, I need help on changing the default log in screen using Windows 10 Pro. By default, Windows 10 will display on the log in screen the last user account that used the computer before shutdown. In my case, I want the log in screen to display the administrator...
  6. Cannot get to network share folder on one PC with same user account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get to network share folder on one PC with same user account: I have a small network - 4 pc's on a LAN. Nothing fancy. Created two users. One with local admin rights on each pc and one without. User ABC/local admin can log onto Network share on PC 1 & 2. Same user-ABC/local admin cannot log onto share on PC 3. It says "you do...
  7. I want to recover my user account which was deleted by me by mistake

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to recover my user account which was deleted by me by mistake: I have deleted one of the two user accounts by mistake. All the files connected with the account was also deleted. I want to recover the data files and photos and documents about 8-9 GB. Since I have deleted the user account, I can't access onedrive also to access my files....
  8. Allowing other users to download things on different accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Allowing other users to download things on different accounts: I have my own account and I want to download things from my user but every time I'm trying to download something it always asks permission from another account user and I don't know their password so I can't download things that I need. Is there any way I can remove this and...
  9. Question about Standard User Account and programs with needing Admin to update.

Question about Standard User Account and programs with needing Admin to update.: I'm the owner of my pc but use the Standard User Account for everything. I wanted to know if there was a way to make a program such as Steam or Battlenet to not ask for an admin password everytime they update? Thanks submitted by /u/ravenomega [link] [comments]...
  10. User account Control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User account Control: I have changed the user account control to never notify yet I still get a message that the administrator has blocked me from installing anything when I try to run something. I am the administrator and I really do want to install this on my laptop, how do I do this?...