Windows 10: Out of Curiosity is this possible using W7 power shell?

Discus and support Out of Curiosity is this possible using W7 power shell? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Out of Curiosity is this possible using W7 power shell? I would be basically installing windows 10 into a virtual drive (Not using any third party... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by groze, Oct 25, 2014.

1. groze Win User

Out of Curiosity is this possible using W7 power shell?

Out of Curiosity is this possible using W7 power shell? I would be basically installing windows 10 into a virtual drive (Not using any third party Virtual program). I would be using the windows 7 power shell if needed and creating a virtual drive using windows 7 disk manager. You have a choice in the Windows 7 boot menu. Windows 7 or Windows 10. I have a 64 bit install of windows 7 for the recorded.

If this is possible, is there step by step instructions on how to do this somewhere here or on another website?

:)

groze, Oct 25, 2014

2. How to uninstall Akamai Netsession client?

Hi! Thanks for the answer. By curiosity, is it possible to deactivate, instead desinstall??? it was possible on w7, via the Akamai console. Simply click on Deactivate button. I did it on my w7 laptops.

But apparently, on w10, no more console. Unless I missed it! I see it in programs, so possible to desinstall, but the page linked is not for w10 apparently. Because nothing shows about NetSession or Akamai when I search for it Out of Curiosity is this possible using W7 power shell? :( Am I blind?

Thanks for your time.

OK. finally, I desinstalled Akamai. Thanks. Board closed!

ThereseL123, Oct 25, 2014
  3. Birgerz Win User
    Is it possible to use a W7 key for W10?

Ouch, thanks for the help though.

Birgerz, Oct 25, 2014
  4. Kari Win User

Not only possible but also a good alternative for dual boot, especially if you use dynamic vhd (dynamically expanding, the vhd only uses as much space as is needed, expanding when it needs more storage space up to maximum size set by you).

You need Diskpart, native Windows tool for this. The process (extremely simplified):

• Boot the computer with Windows 10 install media, press SHIFT + F10 on Install screen to open Command Prompt
    • Enter DISKPART
    • If a partition for your virtual hard disks does not exist, create it. I recommend using a separate drive, wiping it clean first and creating one partition filling the whole drive
    • Still in DISKPART, create the vhd for Windows 10 (create vdisk command)
    • Attach the vhd, create partition for Windows 10
    • Exit DISKPART
    • Start installation, select the vhd as target drive
    As mentioned, the above is just an extremely simplified outline of the process. Totally doable *Smile. See this Seven Forums tutorial for details: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...tart-boot.html

Thema:

1. Out of Curiosity is this possible using W7 power shell? - Similar Threads - Curiosity possible using

2. Out of curiosity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out of curiosity: With a new Windows Backup and Restore coming, I have read that it can backup and restore your files and now apps... my concern is creating a disk image. Will you still be able to do that like in Windows Backup and Restore Windows7?...
  3. Out of curiosity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out of curiosity: With a new Windows Backup and Restore coming, I have read that it can backup and restore your files and now apps... my concern is creating a disk image. Will you still be able to do that like in Windows Backup and Restore Windows7?...
  4. power shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power shell: I installed power shell since I like classic shell for my start.I am unable to get a lot of apps to open now.I deleted power shell, still have limited use of apps.I have tried to recover windows 11, no luck.How can I recover windows 11without using the system restore or...
  5. power shell

power shell: I installed power shell since I like classic shell for my start.I am unable to get a lot of apps to open now.I deleted power shell, still have limited use of apps.I have tried to recover windows 11, no luck.How can I recover windows 11without using the system restore or...
  6. Power Shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Shell: Boa tarde. Queria só tirar uma dúvidaQuando eu abro o power Shell aparece me escrito "try the new cross-platform PowerShell http://aka.ms/pscore6Não é nenhum tipo de erro? É só apenas uma sugestão para eu experimentar a nova cross platform da Power Shell...
  7. Power Shell

Power Shell: Boa tarde. Queria só tirar uma dúvidaQuando eu abro o power Shell aparece me escrito "try the new cross-platform PowerShell http://aka.ms/pscore6Não é nenhum tipo de erro? É só apenas uma sugestão para eu experimentar a nova cross platform da Power Shell...
  8. power shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power shell: when i do codding often such problem comes up.failed to create process. what am i suppose to do [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-shell/057078df-5693-42bf-a0de-416f6e02f296
  9. Power Shell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Shell: power shell found corrupt files and i closed it by error. power shell[adm] will not work now Help Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-shell/968e3817-8809-41e9-8d01-be37b56ec140
  10. Power shell hackers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Power shell hackers: My computer was taken over by unknowns via powershell , who then set all defenses to run false and seized complete control by replacing all drivers with encrypted ones set to their control and attribs. Formats would not format usbs are locked out. I would not have detected...