Windows 10: Out of interest

Discus and support Out of interest in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Now just out of interest I am wondering why on the three machines In have running 10 I can attach such functions as cmd , msconfig, downloads, Pic,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Jun 20, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Out of interest

Now just out of interest I am wondering why on the three machines In have running 10 I can attach such functions as cmd , msconfig, downloads, Pic, Docs etc to the Start menu or taskbar for easy access but no one machine is exactly the same as the others.
    For example I have cmd on my taskbar on this machine (main laptop) but the other two it cannot be done. Downloads easily fixed to the Start menu on my desktop cannot be be attached to the other two. In fact I cannot attach regedit to any of them either the taskbar or Start menu see pic for how O ihave mine set up.

It might seem trivial but there are certain functions like some of those mentioned I use frequently because the rubbish that comes as standard "bloat" is in my mind ridiculous - Crushed Candy games or some such application for example surely is not a feature that any normal adult would want at start up??

The other feature I find rather annoying is the "double handling" of certain features - for example the snip tool - instead of clicking on the icon and the screen going milky as in 7 one needs to click on New. Moreover wanting to use say the command prompt requires further clicking on to get what I think is the essential "Run as admin" feature bit this happens with quite a few of the other functions.
    As I said some may think this trivial but I find it tedious and time wasting so if anyone knows of how to do away with some of the double handling I would be really appreciative.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Jun 20, 2017

2. Maps points of interest

I am involved with a few websites that have rich content which could be added to the Nokia Maps for South Africa. We are able to provide the GPS coordinates for Restaurants and Accommodation throughout South Africa. We also have Mobile websites where additional
    info can be found (pictures, pricing, editorial, menu, etc).

-----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.dining-out.co.za/m/default.asp?Mode=Main Page&MemberID=1

Beachside | Mobile

-----------------------------------------------------------

Who could we contact or how could we get this content added to the base map set?

Best regards

Ken

*****Moderator Note*****

Edited personal info and contact details.

Message Edited by linwood on 23-Jun-2008 09:47 AM

kennelson---01, Jun 20, 2017
  3. Add points of interest

Hi jodahush

You can always convert TomTom OV2 to Nokia .lmx format and Bluetooth file to device.

scoobyman---01, Jun 20, 2017
Thema:

Out of interest

1. Out of interest - Similar Threads - interest

2. Traffic Incident within the News & Interest will not give me details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Traffic Incident within the News & Interest will not give me details: When I opened the News & Interest and clicked on Traffic Incident to get more info, doesn't matter where I clicked: The Title, the "See More", nothing happened. Please let me know how can I view the details?...
  3. Traffic Incident within the News & Interest will not give me details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Traffic Incident within the News & Interest will not give me details: When I opened the News & Interest and clicked on Traffic Incident to get more info, doesn't matter where I clicked: The Title, the "See More", nothing happened. Please let me know how can I view the details?...
  4. Traffic Incident within the News & Interest will not give me details

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "news and interests" now suddenly huge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "news and interests" now suddenly huge??: what the hell? why is it suddenly so giant? what's going on here? it was not like this for me before, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-now-suddenly-huge/58e2cfaa-ea87-4568-bda9-104767b1d763
  6. "news and interests" now suddenly huge??

"news and interests" now suddenly huge??: what the hell? why is it suddenly so giant? what's going on here? it was not like this for me before, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-now-suddenly-huge/58e2cfaa-ea87-4568-bda9-104767b1d763
  7. "news and interests" now suddenly huge??

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS build : 19045.4170 Recently there was an update that increased the size of the News and Interests window on my taskbar. Before it was a small and simple window that didn't really take up much space. I mostly used it to check the local...
  9. Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.

Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS build : 19045.4170 Recently there was an update that increased the size of the News and Interests window on my taskbar. Before it was a small and simple window that didn't really take up much space. I mostly used it to check the local...
  10. Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.

in Windows 10 Customization