Windows 10: Outdated FlashPlayer ActiveX-component in Windows 10 since DAYS

Discus and support Outdated FlashPlayer ActiveX-component in Windows 10 since DAYS in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; PSI (Personal Software Inspector) - a tool that checks your system for outdated SW and possible security issues (highly recommended, BTW) - reports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mmo, Jan 2, 2016.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Outdated FlashPlayer ActiveX-component in Windows 10 since DAYS

PSI (Personal Software Inspector) - a tool that checks your system for outdated SW and possible security issues (highly recommended, BTW) - reports SINCE DAYS that the ActiveX version of Flashplayer is out of date and a possible security issue.
    A "Check for updates" that I just triggered reports "Your system is up-to-date". Oh - really?
    As Windows 10 updates the built-in FlashPlayer component now automatically (or at least that's what they tell us...) and one cannot update that ActiveX component manually any more: does that mean that MS is lagging behind with its updates for that long? Very security minded, indeed! *really

:)

2. Unable to play Flashplayer videos in Windows 10

Use Flashplayer is turned on in settings, but still unable to play Flashplayer videos in Windows 10. It states that Flashplayer is integrated into Microsoft Edge. Also states that I might need to turn OFF ActiveX controls. Am unable to find setting for
    ActiveX on/off.

WmLarryPowell, Jan 2, 2016
  3. N95 Internet Explorer ActiveX

Does Nokia N95 allow to install ActiveX component when browsing Internet? We would like to whether N95 support ActiveX. The ActiveX component is require for N95 to download & install before start login as remote to the DVR (digital video recorder) server.

Please advice the model of mobile phone other than N95. Thank you.

kokwoei---01, Jan 2, 2016
  4. XweAponX Win User

It shows up as a security update for Flash. But one thing I have noticed is that when I use wushowhide.diagcab to hide updates I don't want, several updates show up that I do want and they never show up in my Updates Notification when new updates arrive. I have about 4 new driver updates that are just sitting there, they never get installed when I do my Updates.

XweAponX, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Outdated FlashPlayer ActiveX-component in Windows 10 since DAYS - Similar Threads - Outdated FlashPlayer ActiveX

2. .Net framework Cannot create ActiveX component.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Net framework Cannot create ActiveX component.: trying to run new program and getting error, I have tried in admin mode. still fails. AMD Rysen 9 64 M WIndows 11 Pro 21H2System.Exception: Cannot create ActiveX component. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.CreateObjectString ProgId, String ServerName at...
  3. .Net framework Cannot create ActiveX component.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .Net framework Cannot create ActiveX component.: trying to run new program and getting error, I have tried in admin mode. still fails. AMD Rysen 9 64 M WIndows 11 Pro 21H2System.Exception: Cannot create ActiveX component. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.CreateObjectString ProgId, String ServerName at...
  4. flashplayer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    flashplayer: My email was flash based and I didn't realize it until the update removed flash. I have several very importnat emails that I need to get and respond to and have several emails that i have saved over 25 years. Bottom line need flash back to get these and move to a new email...
  5. Runtime error 429, ActiveX component can’t create object

in Windows 10 News
    Runtime error 429, ActiveX component can’t create object: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering Runtime error 429, ActiveX component can’t create object on your Windows 10 computer when you attempt to create instances in programs which […] This article Runtime error 429, ActiveX component can’t create object first appeared on...
  6. activex

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    activex: I downloaded call of duty modern warfare but cannot play it because i get a message "activeX has encountered an unrecoverable error, see the readme for possible solutions" there is no readme. Microsoft advisors told me to download new activeX drivers but i dont know how to do...
  7. .Net ActiveX component failing after Windows 10 1903 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .Net ActiveX component failing after Windows 10 1903 upgrade: My company has written a couple of .Net ActiveX components that have been running just fine for several years. The components are written in C# and are dependent on .Net 4.5, but run okay on newer versions of .Net, including .Net 4.8. Recently, we have had customer...
  8. adobe flashplayer

in Windows 10 Customization
    adobe flashplayer: I'm trying to play in the facebook gameroom, none of my games are loading, it keeps saying I dont have Adobe flashplayer, I check my setting and it says its on. Im not sure what else to do?...
  9. Flashplayer and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashplayer and Windows 10: I'm trying to watch a series of videos that require Flashplayer. I understand that in Windows 10 Flashplayer is already built in some way that the things I'm trying to watch are not recognizing it and Adobe won't let me download it … I guess because it's already built in?...
  10. flashplayer

in Browsers and Email
    flashplayer: why does my computer tell me I need flashplayer when it is built in? I have checked my settings and it tells me it is enabled 122017