Windows 10: Outlook 2007 Attachment fails at file selection

Discus and support Outlook 2007 Attachment fails at file selection in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; We have just upgraded the first of our office machines from Win 7 to Win 10 Home. Everything seems fine except now can not add an attachment to an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by NickP, Aug 9, 2015.

1. NickP Win User

Outlook 2007 Attachment fails at file selection

We have just upgraded the first of our office machines from Win 7 to Win 10 Home. Everything seems fine except now can not add an attachment to an Outlook 2007 email.

The failure occurs as soon as the Attachment button is pressed, the Busy circle appears and never gives the option to select a file. The only option is to kill Outlook via Task Manager. However can create / send / receive emails without an attachment but recieving an email with an attachment results in a message that the .pst file can not be found or is unavailable.

Tried using the Picasa facility to attach a photo to an Outlook email - this results in the error message “The email could not be sent” (Picasa is in fact only trying to create a skeleton email waiting for the address and message body details to be added).

Have tried various suggestion from MS including sfc, Outlook Repair tool, checking Office 2007 has SP3 installed, etc. All found no problems. Have also tried running as an Administrator and also starting Outlook in Safe mode without success.

This machine is a basic HP Pavilion with an i3 CPU / 8Gb Memory running as a 64 bit machine with Win 10 Home. Has been used as a test machine before we upgrade other more powerful machines. However without attachments working, can not consider upgrading other machines.

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

:)

NickP, Aug 9, 2015
  2. Herve FR Win User

gmail attachments

Hi,

I can confirm the issue too.

When someone send me an email with attachment (All file type) i can't download it with gmail on Windows Phone 7.

Brut text email :

Download on outlook 2007 : OK

Download on webmail gmail : OK

Download on WP7 : OK

Html email :

Download on WP7 : NOK

Rtf email :

Download on WP7 : NOK

In HTML or RTF email format attachment appears with a ~1 and i can't download it. (exem~1.doc)

For me it's a windows Phone 7 bug, because in i can always open attachment in gmail or outlook 2007. Execpt in WP7 !

Herve FR, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Tsoilihoi Win User
    imap not working after creator fall update.

when I try to share a document from nitro pdf or ms word 2007, sending a file to outlook 2007 or em client the mapi transfer fails. I get an operational error from ms word and nothing happens when I try to click send attachment by email in nitro pdf. This
    is a new problem since the win 10 update.

I can click an email link from the internet browser and that brings up the default client. I hope that microsoft hasn't disabled outlook 2007s mapi function.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Tsoilihoi, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Outlook 2007 Attachment fails at file selection

1. Outlook 2007 Attachment fails at file selection - Similar Threads - Outlook 2007 Attachment

2. outlook 2007 issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook 2007 issue: Issue just startedWhen I send receive for my mail I receive an error Task '*** Email address is removed for privacy *** - Receiving' reported error 0x800CCC92 : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under...
  3. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2007: Suddenly all my incoming emails are going to the deleted folder and NOT my inbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2007/11eb6aa5-28c8-4fcb-ba87-5fbc13f35406
  4. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook 2007: Hey guys, I have a little big problem. I accidentally uninstalled office 2007 when I had the outlook 2007 and now it does not work, u know how to fix it? submitted by /u/Parzival-956 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8qpm4/outlook_2007/
  5. Windows outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows outlook 2007: I am getting a message not implemented when I try and send or receive emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-outlook-2007/f8b61cf2-664e-4188-b05b-614d01ecdae6
  6. Outlook 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2007: I am confused by all the Outlook forums. I am forced to use Outlook 2007. Is there abest forum to use? 114947
  7. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2007: I am confused by all the Outlook forums. I am forced to use Outlook 2007. Is there abest forum to use? 114947
  8. Outlook 2007 Index files missing

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2007 Index files missing: Hello. I need help your help with Outlook 2007 running on Windows 10. The problem is that the index files under search options are missing therefore not being able to index. I've tried below mentioned with no luck. Please help as I need to fix this asap. Thank you. Rebuild...
  9. outlook 2007

in Browsers and Email
    outlook 2007: I have installed Win 10 from 8.1. my email in outlook 2007 is not sending, error message OX800CCC13? also cannot open address book? what has happened to all my contacts. Under Windows Mail, where are all my people contacts? Windows 10 is causing a lot of...
  10. Outlook 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2007: Like a lot of other users, I've been having problems in sending emails BUT unlike most others, running SFC /scannow hasn't fixed my problem although it worked on my wife's Laptop. So I uninstalled & reinstalled a different version which contain a dll that was rejected so I...