Windows 10: Outlook 2007 password problem

Discus and support Outlook 2007 password problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My Outlook 2007 regularly, but not always, asks me for the password even whilst it downloads or sends emails. I either cancel the pop up or accept and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JohnEdgington, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Outlook 2007 password problem

My Outlook 2007 regularly, but not always, asks me for the password even whilst it downloads or sends emails. I either cancel the pop up or accept and sometimes the pop up box goes away and at other times it stays. It does not seem to affect the send and receive but its a real nuisance. Access to my BT mail via their email log in page does not have an issue

Any ideas

:)

JohnEdgington, Dec 7, 2015
  2. ChipsXJ Win User

WMDC sync host has stopped working (on DISCONNECT)

Looks like Outlook 2007 was the culprit.

I uninstalled Office 2007 and the problem was resolved. reinstalled Office 2007 and problem returned. Uninstalled Outlook 2007 and problem resolved.

Guess I have to decide if I want to live with the error and Outlook 2007 or just go back to using Groupwise.

Thanks for your help.

ChipsXJ, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 has caused Outlook to return Enter Network Password

Since applying the 1607 update Outlook (2007) constantly returns Enter Network Password. Have re-entered password and checked the mail setup but still it will not connect to the server.

RogerT_791, Dec 7, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Outlook 2007 password problem

In your Outlook 2007 account settings, is there a checkbox that says " Remember password", or something like that ?
    If yes, would you make sure the box was checked ?

davidhk, Dec 7, 2015
  5. Hello

Yes I have done this, in fact I deleted the account and then set it up again but the pop up message still comes onto the screen. In fact I got a notification that there was a reply to my problem and whilst the email was actually downloading the pop up arrived

6. davidhk Win User
    I don't use MS Outlook anymore although I still have a copy of 2010 gathering dust.
    There is a scanpst option. Yes ?
    Why don't you try it.

Also, go to Programs and Features > right click at Microsoft Office 2007 > click Change > click Repair.

See which of the above 2 will help.

davidhk, Dec 7, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    In case you need to know....................
    Where is scanpst.exe ?
    For MS Office Outlook 2007 version :
    32-bit Windows; C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\
    64-bit Windows; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\

davidhk, Dec 7, 2015
  8. Outlook 2007 password problem

I am not competent enough to run the scanpst but I did try to use the repair function but it would not work. Does it need the cd

9. davidhk Win User
    Which repair option ?
    The one from Programs and Features ?
    No you don't need a cd. Just put a dot at the Repair option and click Continue.

Right click at Microsoft Office 2007 > click Change > put a dot at Repair > click Continue.....

Outlook 2007 password problem [​IMG]

davidhk, Dec 7, 2015
  10. davidhk Win User
    No special skill is require.
    For example, let's say you are running a 32-bit computer. Here is how to locate your scanpst.exe................
    For 32-bit Windows, the path is ................C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\

Go to File Explorer > click This PC > scroll down to C: drive > right click at it, click Open > Open Programs files > Open Microsoft Office > Open Office 12.
    Inside Office 12 you will see scanpst,exe. Right click at it > click Open.
    That's it.

davidhk, Dec 7, 2015
  11. this is what happened when I tried to use the repair facility

It would not complete the process so do I have to do a complete re-install and what will that do to my existing emails

JohnEdgington, Dec 8, 2015
  12. I have managed to get into the Office file system as you suggested but I cant find the scanpst,exe.
    Here are two shots from my exploration

JohnEdgington, Dec 8, 2015
  13. davidhk Win User

If you run a 64-bit computer, you need to open Program files (x86), NOT just Program Files.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  14. Thank you it is no longer asking for the password.*Smile

Can you advise me on another thing that I have noticed. When my mail is downloading and even though I have only one email address the send and receive view tells me there are four events happening, two receives and two sends so how can this be when there is only one email address

JohnEdgington, Dec 14, 2015
  15. davidhk Win User
    Cannot answer this question.
    As I had said before, I don't use Outlook anymore.
    Sorry.

davidhk, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Outlook 2007 password problem - Similar Threads - Outlook 2007 password

2. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2007: Suddenly all my incoming emails are going to the deleted folder and NOT my inbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2007/11eb6aa5-28c8-4fcb-ba87-5fbc13f35406
  3. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook 2007: Hey guys, I have a little big problem. I accidentally uninstalled office 2007 when I had the outlook 2007 and now it does not work, u know how to fix it? submitted by /u/Parzival-956 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8qpm4/outlook_2007/
  4. Windows outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows outlook 2007: I am getting a message not implemented when I try and send or receive emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-outlook-2007/f8b61cf2-664e-4188-b05b-614d01ecdae6
  5. Outlook 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2007: I am confused by all the Outlook forums. I am forced to use Outlook 2007. Is there abest forum to use? 114947
  6. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2007: I am confused by all the Outlook forums. I am forced to use Outlook 2007. Is there abest forum to use? 114947
  7. password in outlook in 2007

in Browsers and Email
    password in outlook in 2007: Yesterday I changed the password in Outlook 2007 for greater reliability, but forgot to check the option to save the password. Today, the whole day I can not remember it and do not know how to recover. Advise who knows some way? 51187
  8. 2007 Outlook prompts for password after yahoo change password

in Browsers and Email
    2007 Outlook prompts for password after yahoo change password: Hello, I just changed my Yahoo email password, and signed in via IE and works fine. Then I went into my Outlook 2007 Yahoo email account and changed the password. However when I try to send/receive email from outlook on the Yahoo account it pops up requesting the password....
  9. outlook 2007

in Browsers and Email
    outlook 2007: I have installed Win 10 from 8.1. my email in outlook 2007 is not sending, error message OX800CCC13? also cannot open address book? what has happened to all my contacts. Under Windows Mail, where are all my people contacts? Windows 10 is causing a lot of...
  10. Outlook 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2007: Like a lot of other users, I've been having problems in sending emails BUT unlike most others, running SFC /scannow hasn't fixed my problem although it worked on my wife's Laptop. So I uninstalled & reinstalled a different version which contain a dll that was rejected so I...