Windows 10: Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync

Discus and support Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For the last week or so, my emails are not syning with either Outlook 2010, or the Windows Mail App. I am using Hotmail (yes i know, still?) I got... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by derekellis81, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync

For the last week or so, my emails are not syning with either Outlook 2010, or the Windows Mail App. I am using Hotmail (yes i know, still?)

I got an email from Microsoft, saying something along the lines of "remove and then re-add your account", which i have done.

This is a copy and paste of the email

Hello, In the next few weeks we’ll be making some updates that will impact your @outlook.com, @hotmail, @live, or @msn email account. Those changes will prevent your email from getting delivered to the Outlook desktop application you use. When you notice that you stop receiving messages, simply follow these two steps: For Outlook 2003 customers: 1. Remove your email account from your Outlook 2003 desktop application 2. Re-add your email account to your Outlook 2003 desktop application For Outlook 2007 customers: 1. Remove your email account from your Outlook 2007 desktop application 2. Re-add your email account to your Outlook 2007 desktop application For Outlook 2010 customers: 1. Remove your email account from your Outlook 2010 desktop application 2. Re-add your email account to your Outlook 2010 desktop application When the update happens, you may not be able to refer back to this email in your Outlook desktop application. We recommend bookmarking or saving the two links (remove and re-add) in steps 1 and 2 above that apply to the version of Outlook you’re using. Remember, you can always access this message by logging into your account at www.outlook.com at any time. If you don’t know what version of Outlook you have, you can click here for instructions to find out. Thanks for your understanding and continued use. Sincerely,
    The Outlook team
    Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync [​IMG]
    Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation
    One Microsoft Way
    Redmond, WA 98052

I tried setting up with the direction for IMAP. It says to restart Outlook, and then i get an error message (which i dont have handy right now) and the account has failed to set up.

Now, i also tried setting up my email account in the Windows 10 Mail App. No luck either.

Googling around the Itnernet has yeilded nothing but mass confusion on other websites and forums.

:)

derekellis81, Nov 27, 2015

2. MSFT Mail contacts not syncing with outlook

I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro and outlook 2010. I use gmail as my mail server. In the MSFT mail app when I click on contacts it says it can't sync with outlook and gives an error code of 0x80004001. I have uninstalled MSFT mail and reinstalled
    but get the same response.

Bob Slotpole, Nov 27, 2015
  3. When will 64-bit Office Outlook 2010 sync with Windows Mobile devices? Is a beta WMDC available?

There won't be a way to sync to 64 bit Office 2010. Microsoft has published a
    knowledge base article article that clearly states this (copying & pasting from that knowledge base article, but I bolded the 1st paragraph):

"There are no plans to update Windows Mobile Device Center to improve compatibility with Outlook 2010.

If a sync partnership already exists and you install an unsupported version of Outlook 2010, Outlook contacts, email and calendar items will be removed from the phone during the first sync time.

Mail, contacts, calendar and tasks can still be synced over the air with a Microsoft Exchange server running Exchange Active Sync. Windows Phone can also sync over the air with Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo mail and others. Windows Mobile Device Center can still be
    used to sync non-Outlook data from the computer to a Windows Phone even if running Outlook 64 bit or Outlook Click-to-Run.

If you want to sync a Windows Phone with Outlook 2010, you can use a 32-bit version of Outlook 2010 that uses a standard MSI installation."

Julie fka profjulie, Nov 27, 2015
  4. Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync

Solve the problem-

i found out out i was running 32 Bit Microsoft Office. I have a 64 Bit System. Removed, then reisntalled the 64 Bit version.
    I then updated to make sure i have Office 2010 Service Pack 2 isntalled.

Not sure if this was the root of the problem. but my Outlook 2010 is now working again. I really dont use the Windows Mail App, so i dont know if that was fixed or not.

derekellis81, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync

1. Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 Mail

2. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mails missing from Outlook 2010: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Windows 10 desktop with Office 2010 ! installed on it. I noticed yesterday that a groop of mails in the Inbox pane is missing. The missing group begins from October 12 to November 7.I tried System Restore' it did not help.Will appreciate if somebody...
  3. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mails missing from Outlook 2010: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Windows 10 desktop with Office 2010 ! installed on it. I noticed yesterday that a groop of mails in the Inbox pane is missing. The missing group begins from October 12 to November 7.I tried System Restore' it did not help.Will appreciate if somebody...
  4. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. bigpond mail not syncing in outlook mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bigpond mail not syncing in outlook mail: my bigpond mail is not syncing in outlook mail......new laptop and was working for a few days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bigpond-mail-not-syncing-in-outlook-mail/b3e01bc9-822b-4624-ac0a-08c36e023f0d
  6. Windows wont sync mail and weather

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wont sync mail and weather: This happened out of nowhere, I did System restore, SFC scan, DISM, app reset, but nothing helped. Apps are allowed to run in the background and weather app has permission to location. If I manually sync mail they show up. I think this could be serious Windows bug because...
  7. AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook: I've been running AOL Mail on Outlook for years. In the several weeks it has stopped automatically syncing received and sent emails. When I try to force a sync using "update folders" I get this error message: Task "synchronising subscribed folders …..; reported error...
  8. Microsoft Outlook 2010 Not Syncing on Several PC's

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 Not Syncing on Several PC's: I've attempted repair using the scanpst.exe and I've also deleted .pst and .ost and checked settings on outlook.com to make sure that copies can be forwarded, still no luck. Can anyone help please? Thanks 50419
  9. Can't get my Outlook to sync in Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get my Outlook to sync in Mail App: Trying to set up my outlook in the Win 10 mail app...have all settings enter3ed correctly...including Outlook password for my cox email account...but every time I try to sync...sync window 10 just spins... Bigger issue is if I check the password for my outlook (Cox)...
  10. Windows 10 Mail Sync to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Sync to Outlook: To Sync your email to Outlook after doing some email maintenance, hit the refresh button. I have attached a view of the button for reference. Note if you also are looking to manage your folders from Windows Mail, I have found that I need to do that from within Outlook. Unless...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2010 wont sync with hotmail in windows 10