Windows 10: Outlook 2010 cannot get Address Book to show Contacts

Discus and support Outlook 2010 cannot get Address Book to show Contacts in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I've followed the MS advice shown at:- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...ook-in-outlook I still can't get my contacts to show in the Address... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by oldcelt, Feb 6, 2018.

1. oldcelt Win User

Outlook 2010 cannot get Address Book to show Contacts

I've followed the MS advice shown at:-
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...ook-in-outlook

I still can't get my contacts to show in the Address Book. All worked fine until I had to do a complete system recovery!

All advice gratefully received.

:)

oldcelt, Feb 6, 2018
  2. andy IT Win User

Outlook03 Sync Contact Address not showing in e-mail

Hope you solved this but if not you just need to enable your Outlook Address Book to show as email contacts:

OUTLOOK > right click CONTACTS OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK and tick the "show this folder as an email address book"

If its greyed out completely you'll have to add an "Adidional Addresss Book" in DATA FILES > ADDRESS BOOK

Sorry I dont have Outlook 2003 to hand to test

andy IT, Feb 6, 2018
  3. puffmine Win User
    Outlook Contacts & "Address Book" do not sync when Contact is created in WM6

When a contact is created in Outlook 2003's contact folder, it will show up nicely in Outlook "address book" (this is necessary for "To:" button in new email to work.) But, if I create the new contact on my iPAQ (WM6), the contact is sync to Outlook's Contact
    folder but does not appear on the "address book". The result is that I cannot select the new contact's email address using the "To:" button.

Has anyone faced this problem?

I discovered that if I edit the e-mail field of the contact and save it, it will cause the contact to be shown in "Address Book". Editing other fields seem to have no effect...

The device is iPAQ 112 WM6 Classic (KOR) ROM 1.00.06, and I use Office Outlook 2003 SP3, Active Sync (4.5.0 build5096 - Kor)

puffmine, Feb 6, 2018
  4. Outlook 2010 cannot get Address Book to show Contacts

Hi oldcelt

Do you have a heading Address Book in your ribbon?

If so click, it should open a Window. There should be a heading Address Book with a drop down under it. Is it set to right location?

I'm using 2013 and I sync mine to outlook.com so that is what I selected. I could also select Contacts This Computer.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 6, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2010 cannot get Address Book to show Contacts

1. Outlook 2010 cannot get Address Book to show Contacts - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 cannot

2. Contacts and Address Books

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts and Address Books: Hello,Can someone tell me how I can tell the Windows OS to default to using the Windows Address Book and the Contacts in the Contacts folder? It was working fine until I configured my Office 365 account on Outlook. Now it seems the outlook address book has taken over.My...
  3. Contacts from People to Outlook address book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contacts from People to Outlook address book: How do I get my Windows 10 People address list into MS Outlook, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-from-people-to-outlook-address-book/0061408a-180a-4fac-a611-b37d85e98aba
  4. importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.: Okay, I am trying to "migrate" my outlook 2016 contacts to xfinity/comcast address book but am having a problem. I open xfinity/comcast and select import contacts and it says migration is in progress but the time elapse wheel keeps going and going and going and nothing...
  5. Outlook 2013 Address book

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2013 Address book: I bought a new PC and lost my Outlook 2013 address book in the transfer. I downloaded iphone contacts via a vcard into my contacts. However, when I type a name into the To: box for a new message, Outlook is looking for email addresses, not my contact's name. How do I get it...
  6. Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016: I imported two .csv files containing my contacts into Outlook 2016. They are now stored in the Contacts Personal Folders, but I cannot make this particular folder the default one for contacts, nor can I get it included in the list of address book folders to choose from. I can...
  7. How do I get Outlook 2010 to export the correct address book

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get Outlook 2010 to export the correct address book: I have three options listed in Outlook when I try to export a CSV contact list from the address book.. Myself, another person, and the 'Outlook Data File'. I am the default person. When you open the address book, the choice that has the current contacts is my...
  8. Address Book - Outlook - missing

in Browsers and Email
    Address Book - Outlook - missing: my computer was updated early hours this morning, 13 December, but i notice now that my address book in my email Outlook is missing. how do I get it back? .... I presume it must still be there, somewhere!! 33653
  9. Move Outlook 2013 Address Book Contacts to Contacts in WIN 10

in Browsers and Email
    Move Outlook 2013 Address Book Contacts to Contacts in WIN 10: How do I move Outlook 2013 Address Book CONTACTS to Win 10 CONTACTS ?? 22383
  10. MS Office 2010 not showing contacts in Address Book

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office 2010 not showing contacts in Address Book: Had to reinstall W10 and, subsequently Office 2010. All my data and backups are in a separate partition so none of that was lost. Imported a backup of my 'Contacts' and they show OK in the 'Contacts' folder. However, they no longer appear in the Address Book. Any ideas...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting contacts to show in address book in Outlook 2010