Windows 10: Outlook 2010 Keeps Asking How to Open Email Web Links

Discus and support Outlook 2010 Keeps Asking How to Open Email Web Links in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Outlook 2010 keeps asking how to open web links embedded in email messages. I select Internet Explore... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by PJLLB, Aug 6, 2015.

1. PJLLB Win User

Outlook 2010 Keeps Asking How to Open Email Web Links

After the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Outlook 2010 keeps asking how to open web links embedded in email messages. I select Internet Explore (not Microsoft Edge) and check "Always Use this App" but each time I get the prompt. Does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

PJLLB, Aug 6, 2015
  2. glsmall Win User

Outlook 2007 keeps asking which program to use to open links.

I use Internet Explorer because I have a couple extensions that arent supported in Edge.

After Windows 10 upgrade Outlook 2007 keeps prompting for which program to use to open links . I've searched and found a half dozen or so threads on thei subject and I've tried all the suggestions offered but the problem persists. It only happens with Internet
    Explorer. If I choose another browser for the default I don't get the pop-up.

I've reset Internet Explorer, uninstalled all my alternate 3rd party browsers and set the program defaults. As other posters have said, "this is very frustrating.

Although not Windows 10 /Outlook 2007 specific below are *some* of the threads I've read and tried the suggestions...

Outlook 2007 always asks what program to use when I click on a link

Links to web pages in Outlook emails always prompt for the program to open them
    with

Outlook 2010 keeps asking which program to use to open links

Can anyone help?

Pop-up before I uninstalled the other browsers.

Outlook 2010 Keeps Asking How to Open Email Web Links [​IMG]

glsmall, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Unable to open web links in outlook email msgs

I think I would re-install it and then uncheck the default browser option.

Otherwise I would guess you would have to try a manual un-install ....

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Korimako Win User

I get the same message after a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. It is driving me nuts. Would be grateful if someone can solve this. Thanks

Korimako, Aug 6, 2015
  5. MSRadell Win User
    I'm having the same problem also! Very frustrating to say the least. I even tried selecting a different browser and the same problem occurs. I wonder if Outlook 2010 and Windows 10 just don't play well together?

MSRadell, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Korimako Win User
    I tried Outlook 2007 first and same thing. Drives me nuts *Sad

Korimako, Aug 6, 2015
  7. PJLLB Win User
    Whew -- at least it's not just me.

PJLLB, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Korimako Win User

Hmm, suspicious.
    I find it strange that if I set it to automatically open in Microsoft Edge, it works every time no problem.
    Is this then, Microsoft then trying to force us into using Edge??

Korimako, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2010 Keeps Asking How to Open Email Web Links - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 Keeps

2. Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails: I have a website at erbacce-press.co.uk and when I click on buttons to send emails the email that appears is named 'Microsoft Outlook 2010' but I am running Windows 10 pro... none of the emails at this out-of-date Outlook ever arrive? Can you help please?...
  3. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  4. Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007: Hi! I am lost. I have looked all over the web and tried the repairs for this problem but I have come to no avail. I cannot open links from my email. I have edge as my default browser. I am using outlook 2007 and I have the latest updates. I have tried using firefox as my...
  5. Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 1809 link to email account via Outlook will not open a web view: I am running Win10 Pro 1809, outlook 2010 for emails. When I go to my service provider's email server by clicking on the email login, it no longer automatically opens a web view of my emails on the server which it used to, until I switch to the "Standard" HTML mode. This...
  6. Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.

Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.: First - I am a very NON-TECHNICAL user. But I have been frustrated because when I am on a website and it gives me an option to CLICK HERE to email someone, the link won't open my Outlook email (or any email). I gave checked my WIndows Settings Defaulkt Apps and it shows...
  7. Outlook 2010 will not open

Outlook 2010 will not open: I get the following error message: "Cannot open your default email folders. Outlook cannot start because a data file to send and recieve message cannot be found. Check your settings in this Microsoft Outlook profile. In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button, and then...
  8. No Images in emails - Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    No Images in emails - Outlook 2010: Installed anniversary update, but certain apps wouldn't work. Restored to the previous version, but now Outlook 2010 doesn't show images in emails. Have tried all the suggested fixes, but no joy. (Trust centre and registry) I use Firefox latest version. 62675
  9. New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening

in Browsers and Email
    New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening: Sorry, I searched but did not see another thread on this topic. This just started today, maybe after a reboot. Up until today, when I clicked on a hyper link in an email, the link location would open in Firefox, my default browser. Now all of a sudden, nothing at all is...
  10. "Sharing" links with Outlook 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    "Sharing" links with Outlook 2010: So I've upgraded to Windows 10 successfully and everything seems to be working properly (except Cortana, but that's deliberate.) One annoyance I'm experiencing is that while the various built-in Modern/Metro apps have a "Share" button, Outlook 2010 is not recognized as a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when opening link from outlook 2010 it asks for browser