Windows 10: Outlook 2010 - Lost Autocomplete Addresses?

Discus and support Outlook 2010 - Lost Autocomplete Addresses? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have several IMAP accounts setup in Outlook 2010. Autocomplete for frequently used email addresses on creating a new message has been working fine.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Outlook 2010 - Lost Autocomplete Addresses?

I have several IMAP accounts setup in Outlook 2010. Autocomplete for frequently used email addresses on creating a new message has been working fine. Two days ago, I set up a new Outlook email account using the new account wizard. This successfully configured a new Microsoft Exchange account in addition to the existing IMAP accounts. However, the autocomplete function has lost the previous store of email addresses and has started learning them all over again.

It seems the autocomplete data is stored in \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache. I've listed my files below but I can't work out how to force Outlook to use the autocomplete file it was previously using. How do I fix this? Note there are three autocomplete files but Outlook is currently using the small recent file instead of the older larger file which presumably contains the data I need.

Outlook 2010 - Lost Autocomplete Addresses? [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Sep 16, 2016
  2. JVDEV# Win User

windows 10 mail app- How to delete the auto fill address

There appears to be some confusion between the original post about deleting Autofill/Autocomplete addresses for Windows 10 Mail, and not the various versions of Outlook.

There are paid versions of Outlook, such as Outlook 2010, and the free online version of Outlook.com (originally Hotmail.com) .

When working within Windows 10 Mail (not Outlook), and placing the pointer over the address to be deleted, there is no "X" that appears, therefore no means to delete the unwanted Autofill email address.

JVDEV#, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Windows Mobile Device Center does not recognize office outlook 2010

With My upgrading to outlook 2010, all contacts and outlook mail on my windows mobile were lost. While synchronizing it showed outlook not installed.

I have office 2010 64 bit installed... but it seems there is no compatibility between the two?

Any help...

Ravi Gupta, Sep 16, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I found a simple way of fixing this:

• Open Outlook
    • Go to File / Options / Mail / Send Messages and select the option "Use Auto-Compelte List ..."
    • Close Outlook.
    • The autocomplete data is stored in folder C:\Users\My Account\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache. Rename RoamCache so you have a backup in case something goes wrong.
    • Start Outlook which will then create a new copy of RoamCache.
    • Create a new email and add your frequent email addresses to the new email from your address book(s). Set the delivery delay to a future date and send.
    • Wait until you see the file starting "Stream_Autocomplete..." in the RoamCache folder has been rebuilt - check the time and keep pressing F5 until the time doesn't change.
    • Close & restart Outlook. Create a new email and check to see that autocomplete now works with your common addresses.
    • Find the test message you created in your Outbox and delete the message so the message isn't sent.

Steve C, Sep 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Outlook 2010 - Lost Autocomplete Addresses? - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 Lost

2. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  3. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  4. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  5. Lost Folder in Outlook 2010

Lost Folder in Outlook 2010: One of my folders has simply vanished in Outlook 2010. If I search for a known email I don't find it. However I ran Stellar repair for outlook and that did find it but it would cost me £75 to get the repair. Any other way? 126654
  6. Configure Outlook 2010 for Outlook.com address

Configure Outlook 2010 for Outlook.com address: I am following instructions on line to make my Outlook.com address work in my newly re-installed Outlook 2010. This is what I was instructed to put: Account Type: IMAP Incoming Mail Server: imap-mail.outlook.com Outgoing Mail Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com Username: (I put...
  7. My Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Outlook 2010: Can't log into my AT&T email account. Error code states the log on info is incorrect. It has happened before and the only way to fix it is to complete out and reload software. When re-installed it opens my receive file and dumps 3000+ emails that have been previously been...
  8. Microsoft Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook 2010: Hi, Everytime I click on a link in an email I get the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to due to restriction in effect on this computer. pleas e contact your administrator" The only administrator is me as this is a home laptop. I have tried...
  9. Outlook 2010 cannot get Address Book to show Contacts

Outlook 2010 cannot get Address Book to show Contacts: I've followed the MS advice shown at:- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...ook-in-outlook I still can't get my contacts to show in the Address Book. All worked fine until I had to do a complete system recovery! All advice gratefully received. 103874
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659